What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MY LITTLE SOG

Ghostwolf

Pirate & Cherokee Warrior for Freedom and Cannabis
Veteran
High Country I'm very impressed with what your doing. I've wanted to know more about SOG. Your thread is great. I've dialed it in and I've got my chair pulled up so I can see what happens.:smokeit::smoker:

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
High Country I'm very impressed with what your doing. I've wanted to know more about SOG. Your thread is great. I've dialed it in and I've got my chair pulled up so I can see what happens.:smokeit::smoker:

Thanks Ghostwolf, more pics coming in the next couple of days, end of week 5.

G

growingold

Morning fella,

Good stuff indeed,them little soilders look nice & healthey & happy in their enviroment.

What you looking at yield wise under the 600watts? Can you reach a gram per watt? Or aint yield important to you.

Like the look of them hico trays,goin to have a look to see if they are availabe in the uk.

Keep up the good work Im watching with interest.

G.

High Country

Veteran
Morning fella,

Good stuff indeed,them little soilders look nice & healthey & happy in their enviroment.

What you looking at yield wise under the 600watts? Can you reach a gram per watt? Or aint yield important to you.

Like the look of them hico trays,goin to have a look to see if they are availabe in the uk.

Keep up the good work Im watching with interest.

G.

Thanks, normally don't weigh but on this run I might, just for the hell of it, have to get some scales though.

This is just horticultural research of course.

Yep, Hico trays work well. We use them at work all the time. They might come under a different name in the UK.

Wev

I`m really really impressed in fact I`m thinking about moving up to the southern highlands now that my arrest warrants should have expired. We will together.
Couple of weeks beautiful.

High Country

Veteran
We're at the end of week 5 and the girls are going just fine. The stretch is well and truely over so it's time for them to fatten up.

LET'S GET THESE GIRLS OBESE

picture.php

NO HERMIES OR ANYTHING, JUST FROSTINESS

picture.php

TOP TO BOTTOM FATTENING COLAS

picture.php

EC is now at 2.0. Had to go to the hydro store for new nutes. They had Canna and all the usual suspects but I brought this stuff called Plantastic, a 2 part bloom formula. It's Oz made so I'm supporting the economy.

picture.php

The girls responded immediately and began to drink heavily, daily res top ups required. I would say they have 2 weeks to go. Let's see how fat they get.

In the meantime new clones are on the go for the next run.

38 CLONES ALL PUTTING OUT ROOTS, 100% STRIKE RATE

picture.php

NICE HEALTHY WHITE ROOTS

picture.php

So that's about it for then end of week 5 and we will see how much these little girls fatten up over the next 2 weeks.

Catch you all then, at the end of week 6.

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
Here are these Hico trays I was talking about.

40 clones per tray, each individual cell is about 10 cm deep, encouraging deep root growth.

Filled with 60/40 coco/perlite mix and into the propagator.

Excellent for outdoor grows, clones can be maintained for over a month or more and fed weak veg nutes and popped straight into the prepared ground.

Hoorah

Shalom

can you get your hands on these trays at bunnings/mitre 10 etc? i've just started cloning and am after the best advice for setting up. i'm currently just using that purple clone gel with rock wool and placing them in a transparent container and misting them with a bottle a few times a day. they seem to be doing ok. but haven't got my hands on a heat mat (does it make a significant diff? if so i'll definitely suss one out).

also i'm wondering how you set up your ebb and flow trays, do you just have it on a table above a few buckets (reservoirs) that pump water up into the tray on one side (is it tilted slightly?) and the water drains through those clay pellets to a pipe on the other side taking the water back to the reservoir? what pump brand/Litres PH do you recommend etc

sorry for all the questions. just learning lol

cheers high!

darwin

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
also mate, when you're using 60/40 perlite and coco and you transplant the clones into the clay medium, do you just leave the perlite/coco medium attached or try and wash it from the roots a little before hand? if i haven't said it previously, TITS GROW :D

High Country

Veteran
G'day, I've never seen the Hico trays at Bunnings but you can get Jiffy Pellets, Clonex, Rootex G and other useful products there.

You should be able to get the Hico trays through Sage Horticultural, Cheltenham, Melbourne or other horticultural supplies. We use 1000's of them at work. They also have heat mats. Get the thermostat controlled one and set it at about 24C. Bottom heat systems are standard in propagation nurseries. Our heat beds at work are 18 meters long. It makes a difference. We have an automatic mist jet system as well. The whole idea is to keep the root zone warm and the vegetation cool.

The ebb/flow set up is simple. I have a res of about 100 litres. The bigger the better, keeps PH stable. A small water pump is in the res. This connects to the ebb/flow tray and a drain fitting is also in the tray which goes back to the res.

Best thing is to ring up or visit hydro stores and they will
have everything necessary for setting it up. Plenty of stores in Melbourne.

When I use the Hico trays I put the coco/perlite plug with the clone in it straight into the hydroton. You can put it straight into soil as well, no worries.

Cheers mate, lot's of good grow info on this site.

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
thanks for that high, yeah i'm constantly on here reading and trying to learn more. i'd really love to breed my own stuff (eventually, once my thumb gets a little greener), and have my own strain etc

hopefully i'll build an aeroponics system in the coming few weeks and maybe an ebb flow tray, that with the dwc with ret drip i made last week should help me work out which does best and which is most cost effective/easiest to run. the aeroponics shit, though complex, looks so far to be the best (according to the general census) but i guess diff things work for diff people. much respect for your set up though mate, can't wait to be somewhere near your stage one day. i'm over funding crims for my shit and getting ripped off.