What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MY LITTLE SOG

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
And that jiffy of yours was adorable too! That's got to count for something.

There are some people on this site getting nearly 2 grams per watt in SOG grows. I don't doubt them. I wasn't even close to that.

Strapped

Well there are always ways to improve. You said yourself this is a little SOG and you are not commercial and happy with what you have. I'd measure success by having enough smoke to make it 'til next harvest. :)

What people seem to neglect to realize is that for someone who grows for personal reasons, certain improvements you could make to increase yield aren't always cost effective. In the black market you can justify buying a CO2 system, res chiller, ac unit, enviro controller and top shelf nutes because you are just going to make all that money back next harvest. To the personal grower .2 gpw extra might not be worth the $600-$3000 it takes to get there.

High Country

Veteran
Nice setup man, keep up the great work!

Thanks very much for the comment. I like to try and mix it up and grow a variety of styles..I particularly like mucking around with different cloning methods. I am currently doing a clone run in straight sphagnum moss in my 1000W thread and that seems to work.

But above all I like doing SOG's, challenging, mother plants, lots of clones to produce, timing. Max yield from a small area.

High Country

Veteran
High Country im about to test out one table with 6inch STG cubes with the STG mat. Do you have any experience with this?

Sorry, I haven't used those STG cubes before but they are similar to the large Grodan cubes and plenty of people use them with great success when doing SOG'S. So I am sure they will be fine. I simply put clones straight into hydroton.

god i'm so jealous. fuck!

i gave up on jiffy plugs! for some reason they stopped carrying them or made them in a different country. anyway i used to get about 100% with them then nothing. so now i get 100% with grodans cubes. i began to cut the bag off of them as soon as the roots started to go thru cause i felt like it was restricting growth. do you cut the bags off them?

awesome grow, i'll check out your other threads. victoria, haha, i thought you were up here in canada on victoria island!

High Country

Veteran
god i'm so jealous. fuck!

i gave up on jiffy plugs! for some reason they stopped carrying them or made them in a different country. anyway i used to get about 100% with them then nothing. so now i get 100% with grodans cubes. i began to cut the bag off of them as soon as the roots started to go thru cause i felt like it was restricting growth. do you cut the bags off them?

awesome grow, i'll check out your other threads. victoria, haha, i thought you were up here in canada on victoria island!

No worries mate, North East Victoria, AUSTRALIA.

HC great thread man! i love the technique. and i love that you don't sweat little things. (never checking ph etc) if it works it works! and your setup works obviously. keep goin man, can't wait to see next run!

S

snowtiko

First off, I mean no offense. This is an information site in many ways, and it's important that accurate information be relayed to our newbies :)

You are talking about wet and dry weight and you include stems in your final weight?

That's not very accurate. Do you smoke the stems too? lol

And you went SOG which means you have a ridiculous amout of stems to remove (or smoke rofl).

Wet weight versus dry usually ends up around the 70-80% range, and your wet weight includes stems too, so that aint accurate. If you include the weight of your soil it might creep you over 1gm per watt ;)

You went nowhere near 1gm per watt.

Trim the stems and show us a real dry weight, or better yet, post youtube of you smoking your stems haha

hey how about i put my stem up your hole :wave:

High Country

Veteran
SORRY, I MISSED YOUR POSTS

SORRY, I MISSED YOUR POSTS

HC great thread man! i love the technique. and i love that you don't sweat little things. (never checking ph etc) if it works it works! and your setup works obviously. keep goin man, can't wait to see next run!

Thanks, new things on the go now and just for a laugh I have checked pH, pretty normal.

hey how about i put my stem up your hole :wave:

10/4, in hydro I can now easily do 1 g/w with this strain, about to do a dirt run for something different, cornflake seems to have issues.....and an attitude.

jofo

High Country,
Could I ask, what is your spacing on those? Looks like about 5 or 6 inches... Maybe less? I ask because I am setting up a deep water bubbler with an additional drip at the plant bases, with the intention of growing in this manner. Looks like a ebb and flow bin you have there but you are still pretty much stuck where you first place them, as I will be once I cut my holes for net pots... So I want to put them as close as possible and still have enough spacing for light to get between the fan leaves.

Thanks for all the pics. Very nice set-up! Also very inspiring!

I plan to do the same as I proceed forward...

jofo

By the way, I was speaking of your first run, obviously, since I haven't seen pictures of the 25 run... Also, what trimming do you do? I was thinking I would try to trim some of the larger fan leaves where they get thick between plants or possibly weighing them down somehow? I am curious what you have done, now or in the past, that seemed to work the best for you. Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance!