What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sensi Star from Paradise Seeds

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
Sensi Star is an insomniacs dream come true!! This powerful plant stays low to the ground with the tightest nodes you can imagine. Couple that with a strain that does not stretch in flower and you have a winner. Great for SOG and SCROG methods, or anywhere space is an issue. Sensi Star is indica through and though. From the wide, dark green fans to the tight nodes and buds...Paradise says there is a "hint of sativa", but it didn't show in this plant. If you want a higher yielding plant, expect a longer veg.

The smoke is very nice...you know, with the first toke, that this is a cup winner!!! The taste and smell is straight lemon. Not a citricy lemon, but a funky lemon. When you break open the buds it does smell like lemon pledge. The majority of the people who have tried this strain, say it is too much...even the most experienced tokers have told me this is too heavy for them, and I agree :) This bud is not to be used for recreation...this bud is for medicinal purposes only. It hits hard and it hits fast, leaving you in a daze wondering 'wtf just happened'.

If you have any problems with sleep or pain this strain is for you...I have found that for the most part Indicas help relieve my anxiety. Not so with the Star...She is sooo potent that she can induce full blown attacks if you indulge a little too much.

ONE HITTER QUITTER

the one thing I forgot to mention...this baby produces a ton of leaf. The leaf to node ration is the worst I have ever seen lol...this makes for some long nights trimming, but the morebud trim the more bubblehash...:)

Last edited:
G

Hell yea ... Bad on anxiety, whoa I have a lot of that. My wife is bout fed up with me bouncing off the walls so much. Awesome shots and report SunnySide. Been wanting to try this since the first time I saw it years ago.

Great Job. You, You, Your good You :D

Mo,

Wrecked

Nice looking pics sunnyside. I just smoked some sensi star a friend brought oover today. PeAcE

G

:woohoo: great job
:yoinks: you forgot the dried nug again !!!!!!

this is a great strain for hyperactive people it tends to calm them down. :wave:
She has a very narcotic high and if over done you will drag in the morning
she has a smell that is strong and lingers. Heavy odor control needed during cure and drying time.

Flower Pot

... Sensi Star is top of my pots.. i got about 10 oz off 4 plants.. rates along side the White Widow for strength.. and the taste is minty,lemony,metal.. low tolerance strain..
nice pics guys.. :joint:

G

Hi Sunnyside.

Hi Sunnyside.

Really enjoyed your Sensi Star smoke report. :yummy: I have always wanted to grow that strain. When Bog came out with his Lifestar I jumped on it. And I must say that they are very simular. I would have known a lot more about it had I read this report first. I'd say this report is spot on the mark. Thanks!

kov

Polskaaa, bialo-czerwonaaa
hey sunnyside, thanks for the report. I must say your report matches closely with my findings about Sensi Star's cheaper sister Rox, also from Paradise Seeds. Very very similar, I guess Luke has a nice line up going with these strains.

But I also have to admit I'm about the only one able to smoke it, not many of my friends want to try it anymore, after they tried it the first time. So I know what you feel. :yummy:

Sooo...a slow release stash, doesn't seem to get less of it over the months.:biglaugh:

Did your Sensi Star demand some serious odor control device? I heard most of Luke's strains do.

rgds, kov

G

I grew three Sensi Star females from seed. Two of them fit well with this description but the third one was more sativa. When I smoked it at night before going to bed I couldn't sleep for hours. It made my thoughts very racy. I guess that one had a bit more than a hint of sativa.

cropmanagement

sensi star is my favorite. I have a honey pheno, which has a similar high to the lemon pledge one, but smells like honey after the cure I yeilded3.25 ounces off one plant, with a sister under a 1k hps. I love it! So easy to grow too.

Last edited:

mybeans420

resident slackass
Veteran
ahh yes, sensi star :yummy:
has been a prize in my grows for a few years now. i first aquired it in 2001 and it has been a staple in my garden ever since. insomniacs dream indeed!!

and i too have had the pleasure of experiencing that sweeter sativa pheno. much more of a fruity fragrance throughout bloom as opposed to the acrid musty spicy aroma of the much more common indica dom phenos.

the indica doms are lungbusters for sure. the expansion factor is extremely easy to underestimate and if not careful you may lose a lung :biglaugh:

i can't really say that i've seen a sativa "DOM" pheno, just some lean a little more towards the sativa side than most. heres hoping you come across one of them if you've got any seeds left. they are must easier on the senses than the indica doms. they dont put me down as hard but can of course still be overdone.

great report sunny,

G

thats some dank looking bud. i will have to try out Sensi Star as i LOVE heavy Indicas

SweetNightmare

I remember smoking a little under 2 grams with my buddy, and I had never been so rediculously "wtf is going on" high. It was amazing.

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
Didn't get around to this thread before, but excellent report. You've added another one to my list of wants. From a medical perspective I can see this plant having an important place in mine or any garden. Great report Sunnyside.

GreatLakes THC :wave:

glasspackedbowl

Medical Test grower. Inquire within...
Veteran
no wonder BOG picked this strain to father Lifestar. I think I might have to fish around for some of SS

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
Sensi Star

Sensi Star

Yes it's very strong indica smoke.I did not get any lemon phenos.All of mine were extremely heavy skunky monkey with some on the verge of rotten meat odor.They were rank!!Strong but a one-sided high.For a superstrong indica it can't be beat but thats about it just strenth.It has little soul though.
It's good sleep medicine like was first posted.
Take care fellas..................CC