What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

zoid/c99 release date ??

D

danny karey

Jesus H. f'n Christ donald.....WTF is that? Thats some crazy look'n hash right there..........Look's dangerous..LOL!!

Bet ya that smoked great eh? Crazy!

Danny

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
lol danny ,, thanks man , love to share some with ya ,, i might get it together to send some for the icmag 420 ..

moonunit

Hi all, just a quick note to say all is good, the seed has set and just needs to mature and be overwintered slighty to ensure the best germ rates. There is alot of the z99 v1 seed being made as it more than likely will be the only release of this particular gen of z99, as after this i want to go back to the start and try c99 males over the zoid fems to explore the oposite cross to this z99 line and to also try a few different things involving the 2.
Wd and i have named our joint projects " MoonDuck productions" and all our joint projects will be under this name( there will be many), although the z99 in all its versions will be our flagship for moonduck and we will strive to always have one or more versions available, whilst bringing other new work to the table also.
Anyways tyvm everyone for the support and love, the release and spreading of the genetics would never have gotten this far without it.
much love and respect to all

G

Guest50138

Congrats moonunit. Best of luck to MoonDuck joint project.( joint project love that expression!):smoke out:

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Awesome news moon can't wait to grow out the zoidfuel

Peace an Respect

P

prog know sis

:whee: Overjoyed! :jump:

The thought of some bush releases was mouthwatering, but to hear of this MoonDuck Productions just sent me over the moon!

It has been quite some time since feeling this excitement and anticipation over a seed drop. The last wally c99 drop to be exact. Is there any clue as to these getting dropped at the bay or the boo? Just want to be ready with proper funz if you know what i'm saying.

moonunit nice to see you sticking with wd and getting these genetics out. Many thanks to you both!

moonunit, when you say, "the seed has set and just needs to mature and be overwintered slighty to ensure the best germ rates."

Can you please help me understand what the word overwintered means? Is that having to do with the climate or time of maturation? Thank you in advance.

I remember some controversy about wd.s c99 and bad germ rates :)jerkit:) but I can profess to the opposite. They were incredibly viable, somewhere around 19/20 right near 100 percent. I want wd to know that. Not all of the seeds included in that statistic of 19/20 were popped at the same time. Three or four different times they were started (5 or 6 at a time), some up to a year after the first seeds were popped. The great viability was seen from the first time to the last time popping them. Something about the bush makes for some strong and exceptional plants from seed to smoke. I relish the times when bush seed are available.

who doesn't like a good bush? :yummy:

P

prog know sis

Looks as if I offended someone....only was trying to help an contribute an learn hrmmm. Sorry to moonunit, donald, and wd if I said something unhelpful.

moonunit

Looks as if I offended someone....only was trying to help an contribute an learn hrmmm. Sorry to moonunit, donald, and wd if I said something unhelpful.

Not at all m8, i cant see anything offensive in your posts m8, actually i would like to thank you for the support. Im sure wd or donald would have no probs either m8 so dont even worry bout it and continue to post here when ever you like.
As far as overwintering, its a term i use for short day plants like herb, refering to the fact that in the wild after a short day plant drops its seed, the seed is mostly dormant for a period as it wants to germ in spring when the temps rise and days begin to get longer, not at the start of winter.
Now this isnt so much true with lines worked for many gens indoors, and optimal germ temps help encourage better rates straight out of the flower, but i have found that if i let the beans sit and overwinter or mature for a month( especialy in a fridge with lower temps), i get optimal germ rates as apposed to germing them straight out of the flower. Essentialy i give the seed a short winter to get the best germ rates, whether it is produced indoors or out, reguardless of time of year, and it works.
Im looking forward to getting the z99 out there and working on some of my more pure sat stock from oz to get out there aswell. A pure zoidfuel release will follow a few months after the z99 release, then its time for some older lines to come to the table.
Anyways ty everyone for the comments and the love
much respect always
moonunit

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
great news moon!

are you doing any tester runs before you sell the seeds to the public?

id happily do a grow log on here...like most others im sure...

Smurf

stoke this joint
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My ears pricked up when I heard a mention of "my more pure sat stock from oz", nice one moonunit :yes: & the pure ZF is more food for thought too.
Its gonna be great to see all the canna enthusiasts growing out the z99... I have much to plan for, my patch wont know what hit it.

MoonDuck is quite catchy too (maybe a stoner tune to follow, lol),, hope everything is on the up & up for you 2 fellas!

P

prog know sis

Thanks for explaining that overwinter term for me moon, and for making me feel welcome. Looking forward to all of the MoonDuck productions. I want the box set on dvd lol! :plant grow:

Great news Guys. Many many people will be in for a treat when they drop!!!!

Any info; as a possible release date DM or Moon?????? Been a real long wait and were all gettin excited that the day is getting closer!!!

IR...

moonunit

Hi all and ty for the support.
The deal with this gen of the z99 is one i would like input on. Wd and i tested the crap out of the f1s indoors and out over the last year, and where very impressed with it, especialy outdoors. The gen to be released is going to be the f2 of these f1s. The beans are maturing nicely but i do want to test this gen aswell, but it will put the release date back. This gen will show the best of the line and the worst, also the most variation, although the line was created with as many parents as possible from both p1s, as i belive in variance within a line( with reason of course).
Now here is where i need the input, i definately will be testing and get testers here to do grows aswell, but i can still send in the beans for release before the tests are done to get the release out asap, or i can wait fr the results of the tests on this gen ( was tested fully last gen though) before release, setting it back a few months. The price on these beans will be very reasonable and i will endevor to make them avialable in 10 and 20 packs( i like the idea of 20 bean packs). So if i could get a bit of input on what everyone here thinks i would be much obliged.
Much respect and ty all again
moonunit

madb

moon i have 7 acres here in the tropics that i am happy to do some outdoor test grows on for you no questions asked. I can't tell you whether to release the beans or not tho mate...

Latest posts

Latest posts