What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

zoid/c99 release date ??

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Cabri your sativa effect is more likely coming from the panama red in that cross id imagine ,, id agree with bakunin mostly , when compared to pure sativas c99 is a fair way off , it does have some sativa traits , but a 50 day finish mmmm ..
typically its longer flowering sativas that tend to show more of the sativa "high" as far as i know ..

Cabri

Panama really does give one the shakes just waiting that long. Was gonna try their Purple Panama but 20 weeks is 3indo harveys.
Sure, I could be wrong and i understand the Real Sativa highs from the old NQ or PNG Sats long long lasting highs with NRG2.
But always staying up late @nites mokin c99 would def keep 1up @nites partying unlike, for Me, the Indicas its lights out early on the couch party only. Not a Real Sat High in only7-8weeks understand where u coming from there. two cones of fresh Bracts cant stop me.
:dance013:Sativas Where its at.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Nice to hear the c99 gells well with you cabri and gives you the "lift" for the party mood , it doesnt give me the down that indicas tend too , id understand the wdc99 was selected from the more sativa dominant c99 plants . I know wally to be a sativa fan aswell .
Personally i like the clearer highs , the ones you can still operate well , think clearly and not be stuck in an indica fog so to speak ...

moonunit

Hi groady and ty m8 will do

Hi shaunmulok m8, ty for the support bro. I fell u on the tomatoes m8, i love growing em. Grew grosse lisse, pricipe borgenese and yellow pear for seed crops and test drying this year and had a mamoth crop. Dident get to grow much diversity but had to do a seed run on these 3 to replenlish my seedstock. Love the oxhearts and the beefsteak tommies i must say. I grew alot of the black russian last year and it was beautiful but we had a bad blight season so i didnt get as much as i had hoped. Anyways ty again for the support m8 and i will make sure all aussies are sorted in the future m8, especialy for testing new lines ect :).

Hi benji m8, i appreciate the support and i love the work you are doing aswell, aussie needs more breeders m8 and its good to see you are kicking butt, ty for being you too m8, we are one army so to speak. ty again bro

Hi organic m8, ty for your continued support and patience m8, that male looks the goods and the male side of the zoid line is the best for outcrossing imho. Much respect m8 and ty for the lovely pic

Hi sqiggles m8, i salute you too bro, anyone who grows in aust deserves much respect imho, keep up the great work too m8

Hi danny m8, ty for the love from afar bro, great to hear from my brothers in canada, the zoid line has made it to canada in x form in the past but im sure the pure will be there soon aswell as the z99, both perfect for the sative dom lover with a short outdoor flower period, alot of my work was done at altitude , for short season outdoor where the temps got down to minus 15, not as bad as canada but i have some work that will do really well there, the zoid and z99 included, ty again for the support from over the pond bro

Hi madb m8, getting the work to do the talking has always been my way, the way i prefer. Ty for the kind words and support m8, keep up the great aussie growing brother

Hi hard rain m8, ty for always supporting me bro, i want to be as transperent as i can safely be now. Been through alot but we all have, i just had to tell abit of my story after being so anon and hidden for so long. Ty again m8, keep up the great growing and cant wait to get u some good testers if u want in the future m8

Hi very oldman m8, i feel your post so much m8, i have lived the small rural life also, and know how the rumor mill works in those places, i wish we could walk tall and not worry about what drinkers and smokers and speeders in cars think of us. I used to love the old adventure herbs lol, u would smoke and go on mad adventures and have the absolute best times lol, thats what im trying to bring back as some of us , like ourselves prefer that to as u said, the zombie state. Dont get me wrong i love a good indica, and they can be used well in breeding, but i only smoke indica late night( or ealr morn lol) when the day is done. I would be honored if u would test the genetics in the future m8, ty again for the post m8 as i said i felt what u wrote and had much empathy and respect

Hi Donald m8, ty for everything m8, huge respect and love those pics from wd, ty again m8, u lift me with your awsome personality and spirit. huge respect

Hi senient m8, ty for the continued support bro and for being a grest aussie grower, much respect m8

moonunit

Moonunit,

Have you tested the cannabinoid profile of the zoid? I don't believe you can tell just by smoking it.

A low THC strain = a low potent strain. The most couchlock indicas and the most clearest cleanest hazes both have overwelming percentage of THC compared to other cannabinoids. Either the very small differences in the non THC canabinoids has a big influence on effect, or more likely it's the terpene profile of long flowering weed (Sativas) that gives u that clear, no ceilling, long high that some of us are so addicted to.

Anyway, I think you are mistaken with the whole "low THC" idea, but I'd love to try the zoid because your approach to making the line of sativas geared for indoor with what I'm guessing are large populations and without over inbreeding. A true line for indoors that I don't think has ever been done (for sativas). Thats what sold me.

I do not consider C99 a sativa in effect.

Hi bukinin m8, good point, no i havent had anything tested but i look forward to it happening eventualy in the future. I should have been more broad in my termanolgoy u are correct to include the terpenes and terpeniods. I should have said moreso i believe it to be high in non thc compounds that are active in the effect of the line and pass very well in outcrosses. I dont think the zoid line is low thc but i wouldnt call it high thc either.
The only true way to test the effects of exo cannabinoids and other compounds on the endocannabinoid system is to intake said cannabiniod and active compound profiles.
I believe alot of the non thc cannabinoids, and as u mentioned terpenes can effect the human endocannabinoid system and the mind in ways we have yet to explore on a scientific level.
The zoid i believe acts differently to most other profiles, it has been my medicine for along time now, makes me fell the most emotionaly uplifted and centered. I can only speculate though as you pointed out as i dont have access to a lab with the required equipment, but that will come with time m8, and i do hear you on the not being able to prove it, it really is just what i think and what a number of testers think aswell. The zoid isnt everyones cup of tea either, but for some its almost a medicine of the mind, especialy if you partake alittle to heavily in strong high thc lines or need to be mentaly centered but happy.
I agree that a low thc = low potent strain, as far as a mental high or stone are concerned, but thy may just hold, cannabinoids or terpenes or any number of other things that could be benefitial for the mind and body in other ways, and when combined with high thc lines and worked well could reprent a comprimise between recreational and benefital profile. And as i said earlier, you can identify the profile all you want in the lab, but to know what it does to a human it must be well, smoked, vaped , eaten or some how gotten into a humans bloodstream, and seeing as i dont have a lab or access to one atm, well u get the picture m8.
Ty for the support and good questions m8, i enjoyed your post and have no probs with any critizism based in logic, i look forward to hopely getting the long flower herbs we love so much back on the scene, and no i dont think the zoid or the c99 are pure sats either, both manageble sat doms , the zoid is closer to the sat high and more sat dom though, but i dont mind some c99 in the morn to get the day to a start from time to time. The best i have for recreational sativa use is still to come believe me , the zoid is just the beginning and important and unique in its own way.
much respect
moonunit

Smurf

stoke this joint
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi moony, been puffin on your zf this arvo mate, trying to catch up on some reading ,, its becoming a bit hard to sit here when all I want to do now is go exploring outdoors, hehe
speaking of terpenes, this girl has a lovely aroma of sweet fruit salad with a distinctive undertone of menthol , I keep smelling her just to make sure I'm not kidding myself, great daytime smoke, I've said it before many times, she's unique,,, a true dr. feelgood. Everyone I know who's tried it loves it.
too bad the nay Sayers are missing out eh.

Must say I'm looking forward to z99 , much respect to you & wd for this collaboration, from what I've been told the wait will be worth it.

moonunit

Hi smurf m8, great to see you about. Great to hear the zoid is your cup o tea m8, i initaly sent it out for testing without much info on purpose, especialy on its anti depressive effects, so i could get back unbias feedback and most commented on the dr feelgood effect :) with no prompting ect. The smell is really something different isnt it, and it gets so much better with curing aswell. I also find the zoid high seems to be intensified with sun exposure as weird as that sounds. If i burn a zoid number in a sunny spot i seem to get sooo much higher than smoking it inside, the same effect i also get by smoking the zoid say indoors, then heading outside. It could be a vitamin E reaction , i honestly have no idea, but i must say from personal experience, not only does the zoid high make you want to get outside and do things, it seems to intensify if the user is exposed to sun( sun burn and melanoma are bad though, so wear sunscreen or have a dark complexion and dont get sunburnt if any one is to test it). Anyways enough of my raving on, great to see you smurf m8, and wev, it could just be what you are looking for m8
much respect
Moonunit

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
A couple more pictures i managed to dig up ...

picture.php
picture.php

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice buds there Donald m8 cant wait till i get some extra room to run mine was a pleasure to smoke perfect for a daytime session...:biggrin:

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
any chance of seeing a whole plant dm ?
Ill try to find some , but im told they were grown early in the season and didnt get that tall ,, were spread out to yeild , so the plant pics arent that great to look at ... ..
There was some longer season ones planted that ended up between 4ft and 7ft , if i can get some pics i will ...

Smurf

stoke this joint
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very nice Donald,, that actually looks like some kind of meteorite...

Hey Donald,, just delete the word "thumb" within the url and everything should be fine.

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Man that just looks killer
How did its smoke DM??
that pic enlarged just has me drooling THANKS Smurf