What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ak-47 Vs. Ak-48

Flower Pot

.. dudes, i germinated a couple of Nirvana White Rhino ( in 24 hours) and put them in soil today..hopefully one will be female.. i will post pics if so.. also put in some AK48.. :woohoo:

Dr Watt

Who What
PhatDaddyNugzYo, just read up this thread - this page.

Yeh, my last 10 week AK crop produced .9g/w - the potency is medium high (8). An Afghani background shows itself in the resin's IMO - but the AK48 breed grows Sativa. The bud is the easiest to manicure - pick main shadies off before hanging; then a few little leaves that remove easily when cleaning. Bag appeal is excellent.

:bigeye:

G

right on js my bad i was a little lazy going through that...Seems like this strain doesn't know what it wants to do besides get really enormous hehe...Mine are at day 35 today and i really hope they quit getting bigger and start getting fatter LOL...I've got like 12 colas that are longer than my arm though and the beastie is 7 feet tall now so its going to get crazy :yoinks: i'll post some pics when she's feeling a little sexier in a week or two :p

phat

Dr Watt

Who What
Yeh PhatYo, plants usually do stretch most in the first 4-6 weeks, then they only slowly stretch like static to 30 cm in remainder of flowering. I'd expect yours to slow up but it does depend on quantity of bud now, temps, nutes to plant size and development, globes type and age, additives especially roothormones and growth enhancers as opposed to flowering additives.

If height is going to be a problem you can crimp during flowering - that is you bend the stem. Mature plants allow stems bending/creasing because they have lots of fibre in stem..... young watery seedlings will snap. With the AK this won't lower your yields - the AK loves netting/bending ime. Even bending a branch that is quite developed will allow light in from another angle thus still ok.

Squeeze the stem flat then bend at that spot. You should bend the stem in line with the way the stem has been flattened - so figure where you want to bend your stem first then squeeze a section facing that way.

:bigeye:

G

Some of both.

Some of both.

Here are some shots of my AK-47 (before the name change)

These here are my White Rhino's

I lean heavily towards the Rhino.

G

they both look great there, those are some nice shots smokey...js most of my strains up to this point started budding sooner but this time around i think they were rootbound...i also only use TopMax bloom additive in flowering along with 0-12-0 guano, EJ meta-K, koolbloom and overdrive...in veg i like superthrive a lot with my pureblend pro, 10-10-0 guano and a little meta-K...

G

Thanks Phat Daddy. Just to show that Nirviana's strains are a O.K.

I have 1430watts of hps in a 5'x5' flower room. 57watts per sq ft.

Dr Watt

Who What
Good plants Smokey. I've already posted my pics in this thread but they're in my gallery anyway :hotbounce PhatYo, that looks like a good recipe, superthrive would be effective in soil to develop roots and main stem. js.

G

Hi phatdaddy!
I had two AK48's that were exactly like the ones you describe. It seemed like they wouldn't EVER stop stretching. And it took them forever to start flowering. The subsequent smoke was nothing special, but some of that can be attributed to them growing into the light. I've got another AK48 that I just put into flower 2 weeks ago that so far hasn't been growing like those. Good luck!

glasspackedbowl

Medical Test grower. Inquire within...
Veteran
JBLUNTS said:
How do you know when you have a good pheno?

When it has a special quality. Either its really compact or its a heavy producer, really/uniquly smelly, taste, High. There are many things. What ever factor you want enhanced is a good pheno.

To tell you usually have to take clones and flower them out and pick you mom plant and rock on dude!

doobius

yea supposedly their AK48 is pretty top notch...

Ive grown out several nirvana strains and i can honestly say that i wasnt impressed at all with every strain i did...

i dont think i will ever order another pack of nirvana again, tho i do believe cheap seeds are great for the peeps out there that wanna get genetics but not too much funds, especially for learning purposes

easy420dude

The 4 AK48s I grew were all fairly uniform, not too stretchy....moderately good producers (no one would confuse them for bigbud though)......one smelled of cherry jet fuel and the others were also fruity but less distinctively cherry.....they were all 1st rate smoke....tasty tasty

I've had great luck with Nirvana beans.....I've grown expensive strains too, but you sure can't beat the value of nirvana

PureSativa420

yea i dont see nothing wrong with nirvana strains :)

im putting out ak47, white rhino, northern lights, northern light x big bud and white rhino hope they all do well outside but if not well they wernt much $ and can be replaced

G

Why is it that I'm the only one around here that grows plants to thier full sizes ?

I was the 2nd to grow Nirvana's AK47 (before the name change), Crabbs was the first.

THIS is the Cherry pheno you guys are looking for.....well, the upper third of one anyways.....

AK.jpg

PureSativa420

most people cant grow the plants to the full size because they simply dont have enough room too grow them really big

very nice plant there my friend, i love how its got one big cola and very few leaves in the bud and looks to be very easy to trim up when harvest have some R+ for that!