What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ak-47 Vs. Ak-48

cashcrop

Hey, whats going on people? I am planning on growning some AK-47 from Serious Seeds but I noticed that Nirvana offers AK-48 at a fraction of the price and it still gets pretty good reviews. Does anyone know what the difference between these two strains is? Any in your opinion which one is the overall better buy? Thanks in advance for your help.

G

Serious Seeds got a copyright on the name. Nirvana changed the name to 48. As far as I know it's the same genes.

SS AK47

Mr Gumby

Some people are saying that Nirvana's seeds aren't that good.:chin:

I don't have any experiences on them myself, but now you've been warned.

Mr Gumby

Well then, i think i might start ordering some low-budget seeds myself...

That Aurora Indica sounds promising.

Sleepy

Veteran
Mr Gumby said:
Some people are saying that Nirvana's seeds aren't that good.:chin:

I don't have any experiences on them myself, but now you've been warned.

My last Seeds Direct order consisted of 4 nirvana strains...and some other fine seeds...waiting to grow them out...

Don't knock it till you try it!! :rolleyes:

Mr Gumby

I was just repeating words put in to my head...

Like a mindless puppet.

Actually i think it's great that Nirvana sells those cheap seeds. Not everyone has the money to buy those expensive seeds and i'm one of those people. Haven't ever ordered any seeds though. Friends have provided me with them and seedlings. I'm like a rent-a-grower...

G

Mr Gumby said:
I was just repeating words put in to my head...

Like a mindless puppet...

AAAAAAaaaaaaaaHHHaaaaaaaHHHAAAaaaaaaaLMAO:yes:

never grown a single bean of theres, pics of plants look awesome, and have heard of mothers found in many packs. there orange is supposed to be damn good :confused:

for the price i dont see where ya can lose.

CBF

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
Let's see.... I've grown some tasty bud from Nirvana beans man...

Bubblelicious is simply awesome...
NLxShiva (not sure if it's still offered) tastes just like coffee...
Blue Mystic taste like blueberries and the yield is killer...
Citral has a yummy sweet lemon flavor...
Hawaiian Skunk has an out of this world bouquet...
Jock Horror is a solid juicy fruit flavor bud...
Northern Lights Pure Indica is loaded with trichromes...
Super Skunk has lovely expansion properties...
Top 44 gives you a huge yield in no time at all...
White Rhino is just like cotton candy...

Nirvana produces solid beans in my opinion....

cashcrop

Hey thanks for all of your opinions. My main concern was which AK was better. I think i'll go with the serious seeds just to be on the safe side. I'm definitly going to try Nirvans White Rhino. U've heard tons of good stuff about it. Hey zepplin, was Blue Mystic relatively easy to grow? Any blues or purples in the finished product?
later all

G

Nirvana is good, i agree.

Yet, you should buy 2-3 packs of their strains to find a good pheno.. Whilst with other, more expensive breeders you could have several keepers in one pack.

Not saying that it is that way with all the breeders 'tho..

It's a complicated thing. I just find it easier to go for a bit more expensive, quality seeds and not go thru that pheno hunting; I'll pay for the time saved.

Billy_Crystal

Blue Mystic is not easy... Very fussy eater and she'll still make you think there's something wrong with her... sounds like a gf I had once lol should've smoked her too lol JOKE!

R

Ronley

Well Nirvana prices are really good. So I will give them a chance.

Ronley

PHDTHC

I'm giving them a try. But I can't wait to try some of Soma's and THSeeds. I'll let you all in on the Nirvana progress.

ancient1

Hey chuckyoufarley what was the total number of days flowering on the AK48? Mine just started the fifth week of 12/12 and are bulking up but not as fast as I'd like them to. I know the strain guides say between 49-65 days but I was wondering what your total length of 12/12 was.

Latest posts

Latest posts