What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Judge OKs Dutch Coffeeshop Tourist ban!

jack.gh

ICMag Donor
UPDATE: The Dutch court has allowed the ban on cannabis tourism to take effect! Only Dutch residents will be allowed in Coffeeshops which will become private clubs under the new scheme. Amsterdam won't be affected for another year, so enjoy it while you can! - Skip

On the 18th of April Arjan and a legal team of 4 lawyers were in court claiming the new legislation proposed by the Dutch State, that would ban tourists/foreigners from entering cannabis coffee shops, is a violation of the Dutch constitution Arjan and his team wins first part of the case against the goverment proposed weedpass.
Advice given to the department of Justice by the department of personal privacy is a positive outcome coffeeshops

On 28 april at 10 am the court will make a decision, even if they make a negative ruling, with this advice the government will not be able to pull through there plans.

http://www.strainhunters.com/site/i...al-advice-that-makes-the-tourist-ban-on-c-r12

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit: Not so happy days are coming

nono.gif
mad.gif
:1help:

Max Yields

Nice work fellaz! I'm happy to hear Arjan & Greenhouse were able to accomplish such a deed. I want to visit Amsterdam sometime to personally congratulate them on their victory! :smoke out:

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lets hope that this is true. I dont trust any gov and will hold my Opinions until this is over and done one way or the other..

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Jack you got 3 threads about the same subject. Can you merge them so its easer to follow..

joaquin386

Wow give the man a break, So much hate around here man!

Atleast he done sumthing what did you do?

It is obviously self interest but hey ... this is how new things and rules are done.

Haj_hoover it is not hate it is reality. Don't confuse both of them.

ResinKing

Amsterdam is a great city , imo one of the best in the world ! There is something magical about the place , hard to put your finger on it. Plus they have the bet mayo in the world , mayo and chips over there is sooo good !

sso

Veteran
makes sense that they wouldnt do it, the amsterdam people didnt exactly strike me as being retarded when i went there.

though apparantly they have some and mostly in politics. (figures, thats where they usually end up)

L

Lady_sativa420

They willl never ban us, our tourism money keeps the country running

not as if we goto Holland for Tulips lol

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is there any further news about this. The guys that just returned from the cup say that the ban is still going forward next year. Im reading conflicting info..