What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dog dying from cancer

R

Rubber Chicken

My mum has a 10 year old dog and he's dying from cancer.

I have 2 dogs and she has 2 dogs, i love them all, one of hers and one of mine are sister and brother.

But her older dog is the oldest, the one dying from cancer.

I don't really know why, i have had pets die before and made me pretty upset, but i feel particularly upset about this dog for some reason.

I don't even see him too often, maybe once a week maximum.

I guess i can relate to him more than most....... he has a 'meh' attitude, not snobby at all just a bit grumpy sometimes, but he likes his treats and swimming and fetching things. :biggrin:

I will miss him. :frown:

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Sorry to hear. My girls 13 year old lab has cancer as well and hasn't been doing all that great. It's really hard to have a pet that is sick or losing one for that matter. They are part of the family and when something happens to them it can be hard to deal with. Wishing you and your family all the best.

EasyGoing

This is what I always say........

A great man once told me, "Treat that dog well, as you may have many dogs, that dog will only have once family. Give that dog the life it deserves, cause it would give it's life for it's family."

If you have truly given the pet a good life, that is all you can do. Love the dog everyday it's still alive, let it know it will be missed. The dog understands.

I have had three dogs die now, two in my arms. Breaks my heart to even think about it. I actually have a vet appointment this AM for my bulldog, who is old and sounds like fluid in the lungs. Super worried, I love the hell out of my dogs. I sobbed for a week when I lost the last one.

Be strong.

DJXX

Veteran
i have five dogs and its making me cry, i'm so sorry buddy, spend every minute you can with him and put up some pics of him, to remind you of the love and good times he shared, there is no love like your dogs love, unconditional like no other...DJXX

R

Rubber Chicken

picture.php

jimdc

sorry about your dog. my lucy passed away in october from cancer. she was 13. had her since she was 8 weeks. she led a very spoiled life. my new girl sarah is a totally different animal.

Attachments

• 0098.jpg
    0098.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 17

coldcanna

Veteran
My thoughts go out to you tonight, the only thing wrong with a good dog is they don't live long enough. I lost 2 this year, one died in my arms. I hope you find a way to enjoy what time you have left with him. god bless

DsourDog

Man the worst things I’ve went through in life we’re losing my dogs , the wife talked me into getting my newest dog and now I’m glad she did but I’ve had harder times over losing my dogs then anything , my last 2 had been with me for 13 years and even when me and my wife got divorsed I said I want my dogs and that’s it so there def worth more to me
Then any car or materialistic things but as they say there mans best friend and that they are , sorry to hear about yours man , as the saying goes , fuck cancer , but just love them till there gone and that’s all they will want out of ya , many blessings

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Losing a beloved pet can be the worst thing or as bad as anything. I know all about it. All the advice about thinking of the good times, you did your best, sometimes just does not work.