What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First time grow- Birthday cake, Chemmy jones. Need expert opinions.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
You just fed the plants again?

That's a good thing. You will see the buds start to fill out in the next couple weeks. Another 6-7 weeks until harvest.

Keep posting pics weekly and we will help make sure you have a good harvest.

You just fed the plants again?

That's a good thing. You will see the buds start to fill out in the next couple weeks. Another 6-7 weeks until harvest.

Keep posting pics weekly and we will help make sure you have a good harvest.

Yes just fed them 10 spikes each of 6/12/6 miracle grow flower nutrients. Will this be enough nutrients for the remainder of the grow? Also will the buds grow large enough where i would need some supports like a tomatoe cage? Sorry im really new at this.

packerfan79

Veteran
I would stay away from miracle gro, in the future. So far they look ok. I doubt you are going to get premium bud, but they are decent size should yield ok. The first 3-4 weeks of flower are kinda boring, they should start filling out soon. I would be careful taking plants in and outside. Plants need a consistent dark cycle, if they don't get it they will herm like crazy.

I would stay away from miracle gro, in the future. So far they look ok. I doubt you are going to get premium bud, but they are decent size should yield ok. The first 3-4 weeks of flower are kinda boring, they should start filling out soon. I would be careful taking plants in and outside. Plants need a consistent dark cycle, if they don't get it they will herm like crazy.

Why wouldn't i get premium bud? They are designer strains and have been taken real good care of. Also whats the deal with miracle grow? Im new to this. The budlets look frosty and the birthday cake smells like a box of fruity pebbles. The chemmy jones smells like lemons and dank lol. Jut curious as to how this isnt gonna turn to premium bud, seems like it is already :/ my photos suck through this site btw. I need the cold hard truth so no hard feelings, i just want to learn.

packerfan79

Veteran
Why wouldn't i get premium bud? They are designer strains and have been taken real good care of. Also whats the deal with miracle grow? Im new to this. The budlets look frosty and the birthday cake smells like a box of fruity pebbles. The chemmy jones smells like lemons and dank lol. Jut curious as to how this isnt gonna turn to premium bud, seems like it is already :/ my photos suck through this site btw. I need the cold hard truth so no hard feelings, i just want to learn.

Sorry if I came across as a dick. Not my intentions. Your not the first person who is convinced that experienced growers are wasting money on quality nutrients, and medium.
Agreed photos here are crap if not taken with some photo skills, of which I have none.

Miracle gro is a rough chemical fertilizer. Very hard to properly flush with miracle gro.you want great bud, their are a few ways. The best way is to build a super soil get it tested and make adjustments as needed, or get a decent salt based or organic nutrient line and use a good bagged soil. Happy frog, roots 707 , vermifire are all good. If you are buying your soil at home depot, don't. At least get some ph drops

So their is the cold hard truth. Don't get discouraged. I thought I was going to make a fortune in my garage, still waiting for the fortune. I do have a large quantity of terrific bud. And I can support a family of 5 from this venture.

Good luck and happy growing.

Update:
I think they look great. The birthday cake is budding hard and the chemmy jones is about to start. Any comments please let me know. Also what should i expect in yeild (ball park guess of course) thanks guys

Attachments

• 15039316589151351773246.jpg
    15039316589151351773246.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 9
  • 15039316781262123665282.jpg
    15039316781262123665282.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 15039316966991602125144.jpg
    15039316966991602125144.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 1503931721509117272249.jpg
    1503931721509117272249.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 9

Trichomez1

They need nutrients badly, they should be dark green yours ware way too light green indicating lack of nitrogen, why put all that time in, but not spend 15 bucks on nutes. Without nutes you will get very little.

Trichomez1

In the pics you have no bottom leaves beccause your plants ate them trying to stay alive. You cann getbmice bud without nutes, but id want a lot of nice bud and thats where nutes help.

They are in the flower stage, nitrogen runs out and the leaves turn yellow naturally. Ive feed them plenty for a furst time grow. Im happy and thats what counts so thanks

Gry

Neat thread.
When you buy supplies, you may wish to consider Jacks 20/20/20 .
It makes comments about miracle grow go away, and plants really like it.

packerfan79

Veteran
You should really listen to people here on the mag. We have no reason to lie to you. I have a feeling you are going to be greatly disappointed in the yield and quality. I guess some people have to learn things the hard way.

I think you should reread my post and understand these are bag seeds that cost me nothing at all with soil from the garage. Its gonna produce weed thats decent because of genetics and if not then ill make bubble hash. You guys need to lighten up and understand that some people dont pump a f ton of money into nutrients and all that crazy biz when its a first time low end grow. Geez guys. Not everyone is a pot growing "god" with infinite wisdom. And not all is lost nor will this plant be crappy. I mean, your standards are through the roof and dont understand that some people still smoke and grow weed that has seeds and stems. Im happy with mt grow and if you guys arent then its whatever. I didnt come on this site to talk to douche bags with inflated egos. I live in colorado, my neighbor grows and has a red card. He says for what im doing and what i got its great. So yea, you guys need to lower your standard while climbing off your soap boxes. Treating first time growers with no funds involved like this. Its like no one even read my post. Gezz. You guys have some nerve. F'in douche bags.

Unlike you guys. I didnt pump my money into this when a dispensary is 2 blocks down the road. I wont be disappointed in a dam thing considering anything grown is 100% profit lol im winning no matter what.

packerfan79

Veteran
I would say your the douchbag .read the title of your thread expert opinion, but don't listen when they speak. People are here trying to help you, and you have some nerve. No one said you have to spend a fortune to grow great weed.their is not just one right way to grow good clean weed, their sure is a good way to grow junk weed, its called miracle gro.most people won't even use that crap on a vegetable garden. You can get a bag of maxibloom which grows good weed easily. Don't worry you will be pumping your local dispensary full of your cash soon enough.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I think you should reread my post and understand these are bag seeds that cost me nothing at all with soil from the garage. Its gonna produce weed thats decent because of genetics and if not then ill make bubble hash. You guys need to lighten up and understand that some people dont pump a f ton of money into nutrients and all that crazy biz when its a first time low end grow. Geez guys. Not everyone is a pot growing "god" with infinite wisdom. And not all is lost nor will this plant be crappy. I mean, your standards are through the roof and dont understand that some people still smoke and grow weed that has seeds and stems. Im happy with mt grow and if you guys arent then its whatever. I didnt come on this site to talk to douche bags with inflated egos. I live in colorado, my neighbor grows and has a red card. He says for what im doing and what i got its great. So yea, you guys need to lower your standard while climbing off your soap boxes. Treating first time growers with no funds involved like this. Its like no one even read my post. Gezz. You guys have some nerve. F'in douche bags.
0mw1I8e.gif

I would say your the douchbag .read the title of your thread expert opinion, but don't listen when they speak. People are here trying to help you, and you have some nerve. No one said you have to spend a fortune to grow great weed.their is not just one right way to grow good clean weed, their sure is a good way to grow junk weed, its called miracle gro.most people won't even use that crap on a vegetable garden. You can get a bag of maxibloom which grows good weed easily. Don't worry you will be pumping your local dispensary full of your cash soon enough.

Your're***

Woe you guys are right. These weed plants are garbage "junk weed" i should chop them down now and throw them in the garbage because they arent 100% perfect. I mean, you guys dont give no kudos for the things done right, only the mistakes are talked about. Real encouraging chats guys. Thanks for those who have given solid advice without being a jerk. Im just gonna stay off this site since there is not building up here, inky breaking down and bashing. Im sure my weed will be fine and better than some swag, might not be 100% perfect weed but im happy and having fun. Most importantly its legal for me and not a big issue. I just thought this site would be more helpful considering i posted under "new growers" and people would understand. Its in the title. Other than that im good on weed and my grow will be fine, ill learn with experience and time. Doing my first grow low end is the smart route so i didnt sink tons of money into things that i do not understand only to kill my plants. Wow that would have been awesome. Ill take my "junk weed" that actually completes its grow over weed that dies due to inexperience. You have to crawl before you walk and i think im crawling great. So thank you and good day sir.

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Arrrghhhh what is this and why do I have to read this junk on icmag ?
Can we please return to a polite exchange of information, knowledge and experience ?
I'm no mod, but this is just plain hurting my eyes and brain.
SOSP, please take the information given to you seriously. Sometimes you get other junk delivered with the knowledge you ordered, but come on, it didn't cost anything in the first place. This is all about good will and helping out a fellow grower, even if he thinks Miracle Grow is great.
You absolutely can use Miracel Grow, and your plants might be looking just fine, but too many chemical salts in your soil ( and therefore in your plants) is not what you want or need! Grow in cheap dirt if you want to, save even more cash and be good. There's much better fertiliser for the same amount or less and your bud will smoke great too. Or scratch checmical fertilisers altogether...
Some of the best weed grown on these forums doesn't see any added nutes in its lifetime.

Different opinions are great, but please (everybody) stop breaking my brain !

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They're looking good. I think you'll be fine, they will soon be out of nitrogen as far as I can see, but they're already well into flower, so just let them fade out ( a little later would probably have been better, but no need to feed nitrogen now). There might be a few more deficiencies on their way, but just let them go, you'll

Do you think the buds will be large. Its onky about week 3 of seeing white pistil clusters. Not many calyx. Will there be a larger increase in bud size over the next few weeks? They only have about 5-7 weeks left before harvest shouldnt they? Sorry im a noob.

Yes you can count on them putting on more weight and size. You're only in week 3 and you're seeing pistils and first bud development. The second 4 weeks of flower will see them fatten up properly.
Just make sure you don't screw your soil with those sticks ! They're slow release for potted household plants and might be breaking down to be usable for the plants, adding lots of nutes, exactly when you want you plants to naturally fade out around week 6-8 of flower (depending on your strain)
Good luck Amigo, and stop acting like a cornered racoon, while most us ARE pot snobs (hehehe) people are here to help you and just because some say your fertiliser of choice sucks (which I agree with I have to say) doesn't justify calling people names.
You will have bud if the mites don't come for your plants, and remember for next time that you can give your plants what they need much better with pretty much everything BUT fertiliser sticks (and a t a better price too).

CC

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts