What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Your favorite Strawberry strains?

Grojak

A lot of motarebels gear has kksc genetics in the mix. I found the male I used out of a pack of his twisted fruit, it passed on strawberry flavors in quite a few offspring. And the second of two females flowered out of the pack was straight kksc, structure, smell, flavor, buzz and all. Had the wierd lateral growth of the strawberry cough cut. Motarebel all the way for strawberry smoke

Weird lateral growth? I've flowered her as a tree and in scrog I don't know 8-9 times, I don't understand what you mean though.

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
The kksc clone-only throws out more lateral growth than vertical growth. Branches everywhere, very stretchy, but not so tall or spaced out.
picture.php

I think this is a pic of the strawberry pheno from motarebels twisted fruit v2, but it's old and unlabeled so it could very easily be an F2 or one of the crosses I made with the male.

picture.php

Grojak

The kksc clone-only throws out more lateral growth than vertical growth. Branches everywhere, very stretchy, but not so tall or spaced out.
View Image
I think this is a pic of the strawberry pheno from motarebels twisted fruit v2, but it's old and unlabeled so it could very easily be an F2 or one of the crosses I made with the male.

View Image

The strawberry cough does have good stretch and can fill up a scrog with little help but when I think lateral growth I think of the DJS BB or Bros Grimm Apollo 11 genius cuts I have, nothing compares to those they look LST'd with no topping or training.

The thing I love about the SC (aside from flavor and terps) are the buds. nodes are spaced but they stack like a mother, huge yields.

cr0n

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have a very good strawberry diesel ix female. I highly recommend it. I think it was made by Ganesh.

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
The strawberry cough does have good stretch and can fill up a scrog with little help but when I think lateral growth I think of the DJS BB or Bros Grimm Apollo 11 genius cuts I have, nothing compares to those they look LST'd with no topping or training.

The thing I love about the SC (aside from flavor and terps) are the buds. nodes are spaced but they stack like a mother, huge yields.
Mines just a sc cross, but that structure is really specific to every pheno with strawberry as the dominant smell. Out of 15 f2s, and 30 or so beans of crosses grown out, every single plant that smelled like berries had the "lst" look to it with no training like your sayin. None yielded like the kksc tho, not even close

Tbh my own.
Strting with dj's orig bb it's nothing more than a step or 2 away with some luck to just make your own.
After that not even any sense in hunting down anything cherry either as it's just a touch more earthiness added to a strawberry profile n you've got black cherry.

cheers,....................gps

Grojak

Mines just a sc cross, but that structure is really specific to every pheno with strawberry as the dominant smell. Out of 15 f2s, and 30 or so beans of crosses grown out, every single plant that smelled like berries had the "lst" look to it with no training like your sayin. None yielded like the kksc tho, not even close

That makes more sense.. you don't actually have the SC… I wasn't following your description until you said it was a cross. I got the real deal she's a beast...

Tbh my own.
Strting with dj's orig bb it's nothing more than a step or 2 away with some luck to just make your own.
After that not even any sense in hunting down anything cherry either as it's just a touch more earthiness added to a strawberry profile n you've got black cherry.

cheers,....................gps

BCS and SC do grow similar too, I ran them side by side in a scrog… the BCS doesn't yield as much but she is beefy too.

I didn't have my DJS BB when I did my Bubblegum Crosses but I do plan on pheno hunting another BG male… Blueberry x BG has unlimited potential in terps.

BCSticky

Strawberry Diesel, I Made a bunch of f5's beans this summer I'm hoping something killer comes out of the mix...
The male.. was thick stalk super smelly some what streched nodes
The mother.. was a bush and around 5'6" (male was 4') thick berry stench was sticky despite heavy seeding
So I'm hoping for some mid hight heavy hitters with decent yield. . BCSticky

Last edited:

circadian clock

my favorite strawberry smelling strain is defiantly kyle kushmans strawberry cough. wish I would've cloned cuz of all the fake cuts

Last edited:
Yeah didn't get anything near what I conceptualised from the bubberry I made but did put out a loud ass funk with hints of fruitiness, like a real loud bitterness almost chemically but not like turpentine or anything like I've seen in other gear.
Actually pretty anxious to get back to 'em some time now, it's been a while.
Did find another cherry in my strawberry line though I call electric cherry cause it's got a nice hint of just that turpentine in the background kinda plays like a high end on the flavour profile even over the sweetness itself which was kept pretty well in tact even with the extra earthy tones making it a little more cherry than strawberry.
I find the strawberry themselves, least mine, at strt is more a watermelon jolly rancher match but than as it progresses towards the end of flower the sweetness kicks up a bit but what really distinguishes it as strawberry is a light hint of tartness too.
Otherwise I would've just considered it a watermelon candy flavour.

cheers,...............................gps

BCS and SC do grow similar too, I ran them side by side in a scrog… the BCS doesn't yield as much but she is beefy too.

I didn't have my DJS BB when I did my Bubblegum Crosses but I do plan on pheno hunting another BG male… Blueberry x BG has unlimited potential in terps.

SvenB

Strawberry Sour D from Devil's Harvest, at least the pheno I'm running has a super sweet strawberry taste. I might be biased, but it's at least tied for the best strawberry flavor I've tasted. I only bought it because Strawberry Banana was sold out, but I'm not sure I could be happier with a strawberry strain anyway. Passed the flavor it grows great inside and out... even at the 45th parallel outside and is crystal laden like most Sour Diesels.

I finally found the "Super Strawberry cut" in the pheno hunt within the Strawberry Creme seeds from Riot seeds. Genetic makeup is (Swiss Eerdbeer x Swiss Eerdbeer x Johnny Blaze Blueberry haze)

During flower and trimming (wet) these floral clusters smell like fresh Strawberries from a farmers market---truly amazing

In the bag they are a bit muskier and woodier, but man still carries a VERY strawberry smell and odor, not to mention the gorgeous pink and red hues within the flower interior.

Aota1

Fire Alien Strawberry is very nice. I wasn't crazy stoked on chocolate covered strawberries though

aquavitae

had RP strawberry banana on several occasions , i guess if you want something strawberry tasting or strawberry flavoured extracts then this might be for you. not the most potent though...

810FireFarm

Bodhi Seeds Goji OG...

the snow lotus (m) gene pool has some frosty strawberry in em,

the pack of goji i have hanging rght now, 1 of them was not OG but WAS Strwberry...creamy strawberry with the faintest fuel

Latest posts

Latest posts