What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NYCD Soma cut & Amnesia Haze Core

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
and to even add a little more to the nyc-diesel soma-cut confusion, i just remembered this one:

off course they look amazing. got'em out off His hands.

almost done . its been a long time since I smoked it.
got the clone from amsterdam.
in fact, I wonder how the pheno's from seed taste like. once I smoked another, it was not as grape but also a very nice taste.

9674moeder_Large_.JPG

look how the buds are shaped, it looks very much like sd ibl.

:D

SillyCone

ok , so the bio ibo boys didnt find that cut neither , as was told to me. Its also a hypro cut.

Hehe it's getting complicated, I love it :fsu: :joint:

So the Hypro cut is another pheno of the SSH too ? Coz I grew the Amnesia Haze from Hypro (seed form) and they were (almost) nothing alike the "Core" cut... Much more hazy, Neville style, pepery, an aftertaste of amnesia and also quite powerfull but not the same growth structure at all, much closer to most Jack phenos I grew...definitely not the same genetics... :1help:

Karma, how long was the flowering of your Amnesia cut ? (the one presented at the cup.)

Would the commercial growers of south Holland that provided the Amnesia to the coffee shops really grow the cuts to the 12 weeks the Core cut takes to be fully developped ?

K

Karma Genetics

Its not my cut, as i didn't select it

. That cut flowers 11 to 12 weeks,

The core cut flower 9,5 to 10 weeks. not 12 weeks. Yes the comercial growers grow that cut, Comes down at 9 weeks when your lucky you get it fully finished at 10.

SillyCone

. That cut flowers 11 to 12 weeks,

The core cut flower 9,5 to 10 weeks. not 12 weeks. Yes the comercial growers grow that cut, Comes down at 9 weeks when your lucky you get it fully finished at 10.
It makes sense that the commercial growers don't go to 12 weeks inderdaad...

But you say you flower the "Core" cut only to 10 weeks, or to 11 to 12 ??? Now I'm confused...

The Core cuts we grew in my community were all taken to 12 weeks... I tried to cut a few stems at 10 and 11 once, but it was clearly not finished properly by then... If we're talking about the same cut, the Amnesia Core received from Moppel, you got to try it at 12, it's a whole world of difference in taste and power :yoinks:

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
great thread, I've learned a lot about something which I thought I already knew about... one thing I did already know is that there is gold in them there SSH beans ;)

SillyCone

and to even add a little more to the nyc-diesel soma-cut confusion, i just remembered this one:
The NYCD buds you showed, Sideshow-Bob, are very consistent with all the NYCD phenos I grew and saw at friendly grower's places.
But to me, Soma's NYCD should not be considered an ECSD copy like Rezdog is selling his Sour Diesel IBL.
There is a slight Diesel taste in many NYCDs, but nothing close to the real Sour Diesel cut.
I for one, prefer the NYCD than the East Coast Sour Diesel cut, I'm in love with fruity/candy flavors over dank and roadkill skunk smells (but that is strictly a matter of personal taste, I'm not even comparing the highs).
The structure of both (NYCD & ECSD) show some similarities, but you can clearly see the genetics are quite different. Similar traits are the bud shapes (balls rather than long buds), both make donkey ears but the calyxes shapes are quite different, the ECSD has huge individual calyxes while the NYCD is stacking them together, both stretch a lot (the Soma cut growing at my place is taller than my Amnesias/SSH and Celestial Temple Sativa growing next to them) and I remember the ECSD cut as having huge internodes too (don't use Giberelic acid on those 2 :laughing:). Also the dried pistil's colors are very different. The NYCDs dried buds have more of a red/brown hue on dark green matter, while the ECSD has more like "invisible" or green pistils, a bit like the Cheese (Exodus) cut...
Oh and the ECSD stings a lot in bloom, more so than the NYCDs : also the smell while drying is sooo strong that I started to use a carbon filter in my drying dark room... As I was drying my weed in my living/computer room where I stand all day, I was getting really sick with the smell of 2 weeds specifically : ECSD and Cheese. Now I can't even grow them without having to puke :laughing:

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran

Doesnt look like the NYCD from soma to me. That strain has a lot of red hairs. This looks more like SD imo.

edit: i dont know how to copy that pic lol.

And that SSH/Amnesia is sold under many different names in holland. Some call it Amnesia Haze, others SSH or Superhaze.....or they just make a name up...lol

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ive always thought that the amnesia was either a ssh pheno or a cross of ssh/amnesia but that was only after the first 1 was lost or hoarded

when soma won the cup with amnesia haze at barneys it was a very diferent amnesia haze that goes around these days
i heard that was lost in a bust and a new 1 was selected as the next time i come back to dam it was a diferent amnesia haze
the amnesia haze i remeber was more on the thai citrus limey side and literalyy was some serious up racy weed nothing like the body amnesia haze has now
the amnesia haze/ssh is good but nothibng on the old 1
there was a guy on here called freakie or freakj or something like that(a dutch guy who is on the dutch forums and was on ic,i also heard it was the guy from dampkring but not sure on that)
he was the guy who had the original amnesia haze i was told
he even admited it on ic
the cloesest amnesia haze ive found is from sideshowbob(still not as good as the other 1)
ive been saying forever that all the hazes around town are all the same cut ssh/amnesia haze
i call the 9-10 week 1 pp/nesia as it is very strong but the taste is normaly very disapointing from the coffeshops
if its grown by 1 of us its alot beter but still
the cut karma has is kinda the same but beter flavour,im still not a big fan of this amnesia haze but when karma entered the cup that was very nice,had a bublegum taste to it and haze best ive smoked apart from the origignal and sideshows cut
also super lemon haze seemed to be the same cut as the ssh/amnesia

i would guess that the amnesia haze was crossed to the g13haze side at some point and i prefer those phenos,much more up up buzz kinda like the thai side,gets me tweaked like class A drugs running around town like a madd man lol, taste is lime lemon hazy
kinda like the new amnesia haze from dampkring lemon amnesia but potency is down from first batch

anyway thats my take and opinions on the matter
thanks for all the info gathered in this post helped join some dots together
now if anyone knows ron from damokring go and talk to him and im sure the story will come out(also ask him if he's freakie freakj or whatever if not he 100% worked with him)

peace

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
i'll send ron a message. I know who you mean with the other name too (freakje or w/e)

edit: Ron hasnt been online here for more than a year. I'll look on a ducth site i know he is on.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice 1 moppel
1 step closer to the truth

peace

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
he hasnt been online on the dutch site neither under his handle he use to had. I'm not gonna call him for this lol. I'm sure we will see him at htcc. you'll be there , OJD?

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
ive always thought that the amnesia was either a ssh pheno or a cross of ssh/amnesia but that was only after the first 1 was lost or hoarded

when soma won the cup with amnesia haze at barneys it was a very diferent amnesia haze that goes around these days
i heard that was lost in a bust and a new 1 was selected as the next time i come back to dam it was a diferent amnesia haze
the amnesia haze i remeber was more on the thai citrus limey side and literalyy was some serious up racy weed nothing like the body amnesia haze has now
there was a guy on here called freakie or freakj or something like that(a dutch guy who is on the dutch forums and was on ic,i also heard it was the guy from dampkring but not sure on that)
he even admited it on ic
the cloesest amnesia haze ive found is from sideshowbob(still not as good as the other 1)
ive been saying forever that all the hazes around town are all the same cut ssh/amnesia haze
i call the 9-10 week 1 pp/nesia as it is very strong but the taste is normaly very disapointing from the coffeshops
the cut karma has is kinda the same but beter flavour,im still not a big fan of this amnesia haze but when karma entered the cup that was very nice,had a bublegum taste to it and haze best ive smoked apart from the origignal and sideshows cut

i would guess that the amnesia haze was crossed to the g13haze side at some point and i prefer those phenos,much more up up buzz kinda like the thai side,gets me tweaked like class A drugs running around town like a madd man lol, taste is lime lemon hazy
kinda like the new amnesia haze from dampkring lemon amnesia but potency is down from first batch

now if anyone knows ron from damokring go and talk to him and im sure the story will come out(also ask him if he's freakie freakj or whatever if not he 100% worked with him)

peace

Hi ojd :)

Yeah man i know exactly which Amnesia Haze you mean with the best, with that herb you really can have trip-like scenes walking through a dutch city :D and the taste - hmmm -... like you say thai-lemon, with a floral edge - very unique! also it had a very typical structure with very big, bag-like, calyxes
i love that weed, i remember getting some of the best of this in the east of the netherlands close to the german border - in enchede (can't remember the shop) i have a friend who lives in this area and he took me to the shop and showed me this Amnesia Haze ;)
i sent the same cut of amnesia haze i sent to you to him... and after he grew it, he told me "yeah nice weed that amnesia haze cut - but it's not the nesel" (nesel being the nick-name we used for this incredible pheno sold in the shops) so he refused completely to relate this amnesia haze from soma to the good one from the shops - in my opinon there is a connection between this amnesia haze cut and the pheno from the shops, it also has a very intense lemon-hazy aroma but in stead of the floral edge it has carroty tones and a earthy background... but there is def. more indica influence in this cut than in the shop amnesia haze - it also is quite psychedelic but has this bodystone tied to it that i don't remember having with the pheno from the shops...

but who really knows... in the netherlands there is (in many parts not everywhere) a *don't-share-good-clones-with-strangers* policy... damn, you ever smoked some good grown hawaian haze from amsterdam? incredible tasty pot but impossible to find clones of it... i have a friend who every time he's in amsterdam is nagging the folks at some shops to give him clones ( he does this for at least 5 years now - no chance) but many clones are not even shared with a great part of the dutch scene... i remember asking for good nyc d clones in some growshops in north-holland about 3 or 4 years ago, they told us back then that the good nyc d cut is held very closely by some amsterdam-crew and they themself want to get there hands on it for over a year and couldn't... don't want to know how many good clones have been lost in busts etc only because of hoarding in the nl in the last 20 years...

the truth is hard to find in all this haze (pun intented), the only thing i know to be true: hoarding sucks! go and spread your good clones and they will never be lost (not for you and not for the community)! wether the clone is called amnesia or ssh in the end, who cares if it's the shit :D big up moppel and core for sharing :)

but i understand correctly that the core-cut is not the uber-amnesia haze (described in the first part of the post) but the one that now is sold as amnesia haze in the shops?

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
Doesnt look like the NYCD from soma to me. That strain has a lot of red hairs. This looks more like SD imo.

edit: i dont know how to copy that pic lol.

And that SSH/Amnesia is sold under many different names in holland. Some call it Amnesia Haze, others SSH or Superhaze.....or they just make a name up...lol

i can't say if it's really from soma or not... i have nothing to do with this clone, i just remembered what voices posted in a thread i opened about nyc d a while back, and as you see he states he got the clone directly from soma...

it should just show how confused this whole nyc d soma-cut situation is, i'll try to sumarise it shortly:

1. there is a clone which is sold in austrian growshops, that the shops claim to be selected from soma himself, this clone does not have too much of that typical citrus smell/taste but is more chewing-gum sweet with a little bit citrus in the background...

21805MG_6616.jpg

21805MG_6610.jpg

21805MG_6606.jpg

21805MG_6619.jpg

2. there is a clone around in spain that is known as "la mandarina", the storry is that soma traded this clone for a painting a few years ago in spain... i smoked this one grown from a few different growers in spain and i can verify that i already smoked this clone in coffeeshops in the netherlands, it has this incredible intense citrus aroma (my first asociations always where grapefruit, then orange) but now that i have smoked it grown really good i could see why it's called "la mandarina" - the sweet note from the background together with the citrus is like eating a fresh mandarine (that really only is slightly exaggerated... incredible herb) this is the best representation of citrus-diesel i ever had acces to the plant as well (the best product, as written, i still sampled in a coffeeshop)

-NYCD: (Mexican x Afghani) Clon procedente de Soma, la famosa NYCD mandarina. Floracion 10 semanas aprox. Sabor/aroma a mandarina y combustible, extremadamente penetrante. High 100% sativo, muy llevadero y agradable. Produccion media, produce buenos cogollos con grandes calices, densidad mejorable.
(Segun mi opinion y objetivos):
-Caracteristicas deseables en la herencia: Sabor/aroma. Efecto cerebral.
-Caracteristicas NO deseables en la herencia: "Larga" floracion.

Info Soma Seeds: http://www.somaseeds.nl/seeds/nycdiesel.html
Info Seedfinder: http://en.seedfinder.eu/Soma_Seeds_-_NYC_Diesel.html

Cata NYCD: http://www.cannabiscafe.net/foros/showpost.php?p=1562093&postcount=1

Me tomo la libertad de colgar unas fotos de la NYCD cultivada por el maestro Jahman, la verdad es que no las he visto mas bonitas...

wenas !!

dicen las habladurias k este eskeje lo kambio soma por un cuadro en sitges (pueblo de la costa) hace unos años

3. the clone that locoporro presents to us here, which is as he says not the same as "la mandarina" but is also supposed to be a clone from soma

Hi IC Friends :joint:

New York Diesel Soma Cut

p1150338.jpg

p1150285.jpg

p11502741.jpg

p1150313a.jpg

A dried bud with a seed :woohoo:
p1150560.jpg

4. the clone from voices, he states he got the clone himself directly from soma, that would be the easiest to verify - if soma would answer easy questions - as it's not a story from 2nd hand etc but straight from the horses mouth

nice mate. here's mine @ 49 days. organic style.

off course they look amazing. got'em out off His hands.

you have to look 4 one like this1 in the middle. foxtails and sidebranches that come as high as the mainbud itself. lemony/grape taste and smell.

almost done . its been a long time since I smoked it.
got the clone from amsterdam.
in fact, I wonder how the pheno's from seed taste like. once I smoked another, it was not as grape but also a very nice taste.

9674moeder_Large_.JPG

look how the buds are shaped, it looks very much like sd ibl.

can you clear up this situation as well a little bit moppel?

about the diff. names of haze, yeah i have heard that before - but more like the half of what is sold as SSH or NlxHaze is in fact C5 or A5... so now what is called Amnesia Haze is SSH, and what is called SSH is A5 or C5... maybe there never were more haze-clones in the nl except for the a5 c5? :D

greetz

Locoporro

Hey Ic Fellows

ok, here it is. the hy-pro family are friends of mine. they brought me the amnesia/ssh years ago. they found a seed in the ssh from the greenhouse and grew it out. they called it amnesia but when i saw it i knew right away it was a ssh pheno, bubblegum, candy smelling and knock u out strong. over the years is has won many cups as ssh/amnesia, from many shops in the south, twins coffeshop, bio ibo and many others. so, not to take anything away from karma but he won the breeders cup with somone else's genetics. a rose by any other name is still a rose
Hi Mr Haze 420 :wave:

Great Info !!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's really cool from you to say that but it will embarass them a little no ?? cuz they are always sayin, we dont want to give the lineage of our amnesia even if this is the original , and some mails after , he said it was Afghan x Neville Haze :jerkit:...

So Hard to know the truth, but of course i first found a taste of ssh in amnesia than a amnesia taste in ssh ....

For the controversy of Karma cup , i am right with u but i think Karma is really honest and said where his cut came from Unlike Some guyz who steal the work of others, u should direclty nominate your happy brother Bx, loved this strange parsley/hash taste of HB

Even if it's not really the Subject of this thread .... :nanana:

This could turn bad in this thread dont mean to shit in your thread bro sorry
Thank u, i dont want my thread off topic or closed... and dont want give occasion to some trollz to talkshit on you

Karma said:
seems that they are sisters then he he all from the same crew, I know the cut i run in from them. I did a run of the (core) and the one i have next to each other very similar but not the same for shure.
moppel said:
yea, they probaly had a few phenos i suppose, cause the cut that goes around as the hypro cut is different than the one we are speaking about now.
So there are differents phenos from the same inbreed line :joint:

But what i want to know it's , how from a seed found in greenhouse ssh bud, you could find different cuts as Bubblegum cut , Core Cut , and i can imagine there are also some commercial cuts more early ....

Did hypro cross an another ssh or something else to make this Line ....

Sideshow Bob
i have heard that amnesia haze (from the dutch coffees) = ssh before and was wondering where that came from... good to know know
Me too, i was wondering that since a lot of time :joint:

hehe locoporro there sure is a lot of guessing when it's about somas strains... i never could believe that nyc diesel, amnesia haze and free tibet all three should be offspring from that afg/haw male...
I said to u , i was far too be a somaddict, but love to investigate about his strains , so much Work ^^

Your examples of the three strains with the same daddy are perfect :)

but nevertheless i sure know that my amnesia haze came from a pack of soma seeds (of which btw only 2 seeds germed) and she's great smoke
héhéhééhé So you are sur , your pheno come from soma seeds ?

First tought which come to my mind, it's not a lot to make a decent selection :laughing:

Did You find directly the perfect amnesia taste

Really interesting and Surprising !!!

Cuz i was wondering how much packets of soma seeld , you should open before find a pheno like Core's one ???

so he certainly had his hands in the creation/finding/combination of some very nice strains...
I certainly don't doubt about that , friend

I just find ridiculous his moneyrastattitude ... when selling 150euros for 10 seeds

but that being said i too would love to hear what's really behind nyc d and amnesia haze... but i think by now i just heard too many stories to ever believe one to be the exact truth
Sideshow bob, i couldn't agree much with you :yeahthats :yeahthats :yeahthats

so the core cut is what they sell as amnesia haze in coffeeshops in nl (the one with the special taste?) but is in fact a ssh selection? very interesting... now i think i have to try that core cut, good thing you guys spread the good things - i know it's already being grown in my hometown
To be honest , first time i tasted it , i jizzed in my pants , it was the original amnesia smell / taste :biglaugh: (not the old one you speak about)

Hey Sideshow Bob

Great pic Here

So it's supposed to be an another soma cut ^^

Do you know what this plant makes me think about ????

It looks like the first combination between original diesel and Afg/hawaienne or the first Ecsd crossed to a Nycd from rez (first step of sd ibl)

moppel said:
+1

Big calyxes, look like sour diesel but it's too much compact to be some Ecsd , i don't know why there is this nycd look ...

Calyxes are swollen like this "french cut" "riri cut" SD Ibl

Click on it !!!

Jamieshoes said:
great thread, I've learned a lot about something which I thought I already knew about... one thing I did already know is that there is gold in them there SSH beans
+1 Jamie !!! i learned too about something i tought i knew about :woohoo:
And +10 for the SSH

Poto Xpressssso !!!!!!!!!!

Beautiful Pics Bro as always :yes:

A little Pics cuz there is too much Text in this thread :nanana:

p1160051.jpg

if we count how many names we get for this same and only weed, it's amazing !!! :yoinks:

SSH
Amnesia
Amnesia Haze
Brilliant Haze
Super Haze
Diamond Haze
Space Haze
Royal Haze

he even admited it on ic

Hi ojd

Yeah man i know exactly which Amnesia Haze you mean with the best, with that herb you really can have trip-like scenes walking through a dutch city and the taste - hmmm -... like you say thai-lemon, with a floral edge - very unique! also it had a very typical structure with very big, bag-like, calyxes
i love that weed, i remember getting some of the best of this in the east of the netherlands close to the german border - in enchede (can't remember the shop) i have a friend who lives in this area and he took me to the shop and showed me this Amnesia Haze
i sent the same cut of amnesia haze i sent to you to him... and after he grew it, he told me "yeah nice weed that amnesia haze cut - but it's not the nesel" (nesel being the nick-name we used for this incredible pheno sold in the shops) so he refused completely to relate this amnesia haze from soma to the good one from the shops - in my opinon there is a connection between this amnesia haze cut and the pheno from the shops, it also has a very intense lemon-hazy aroma but in stead of the floral edge it has carroty tones and a earthy background... but there is def. more indica influence in this cut than in the shop amnesia haze - it also is quite psychedelic but has this bodystone tied to it that i don't remember having with the pheno from the shops...

but who really knows... in the netherlands there is (in many parts not everywhere) a *don't-share-good-clones-with-strangers* policy... damn, you ever smoked some good grown hawaian haze from amsterdam? incredible tasty pot but impossible to find clones of it... i have a friend who every time he's in amsterdam is nagging the folks at some shops to give him clones ( he does this for at least 5 years now - no chance) but many clones are not even shared with a great part of the dutch scene... i remember asking for good nyc d clones in some growshops in north-holland about 3 or 4 years ago, they told us back then that the good nyc d cut is held very closely by some amsterdam-crew and they themself want to get there hands on it for over a year and couldn't... don't want to know how many good clones have been lost in busts etc only because of hoarding in the nl in the last 20 years...

the truth is hard to find in all this haze (pun intented), the only thing i know to be true: hoarding sucks! go and spread your good clones and they will never be lost (not for you and not for the community)! wether the clone is called amnesia or ssh in the end, who cares if it's the shit big up moppel and core for sharing

but i understand correctly that the core-cut is not the uber-amnesia haze (described in the first part of the post) but the one that now is sold as amnesia haze in the shops?

1 step closer to the truth
Thanks u so much ODJ and sideshow bob :bow:

Exacty what i was wondering before writiing this article, there is something which sounds wrong in this history, on the soma side and even in the coffee/hypro side....Hope we'll know the thruth ...

- in my opinon there is a connection between this amnesia haze cut and the pheno from the shops, it also has a very intense lemon-hazy aroma but in stead of the floral edge it has carroty tones and a earthy background... but there is def. more indica influence in this cut than in the shop amnesia haze -
Really interesting !!!! Maybe somebody have crossed this amnesia to the g13/haze

Did somebody have seen a picture of the Original Amnesia (Haze or Not) ?

I want to see the NNNNEEESSESSSSELLLLLL :laughing:

If i understand correctly the whole story, it seems not ....

Good Vibes to U , Ic Fellows

Loco

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
I want to see the NNNNEEESSESSSSELLLLLL :laughing:

i just spoke to my friend who lives in the east of the netherlands... he will search for some pics of the shop amnesia haze (i know he made some a while back)

he also told me that this amnesia haze is still around in enchede, best place for it is sharon (but he says the thunderbird also has good one sometimes)...

i hope he'll post the pics a soon as he finds them, he's on IC as well (think the nick was skvhal)

greetz

Locoporro

Sideshow Bob

Thank u so much

What a post , you combine all the information :yoinks:

When i see the pic of this mandarina, i am almost sure it's not the same spanish cut ... looks really diffrent :noway:

But It looks gorgeous !!!!!!!!

about the diff. names of haze, yeah i have heard that before - but more like the half of what is sold as SSH or NlxHaze is in fact C5 or A5...
But C5 and A5 is Nl5 x Haze if im not wrong .... ?

I really dont know about this swich of names, it's going complicated I love that ...

so now what is called Amnesia Haze is SSH, and what is called SSH is A5 or C5... maybe there never were more haze-clones in the nl except for the a5 c5?
Héhhhéhé we enter in a new debate here

i just spoke to my friend who lives in the east of the netherlands... he will search for some pics of the shop amnesia haze (i know he made some a while back)

he also told me that this amnesia haze is still around in enchede, best place for it is sharon (but he says the thunderbird also has good one sometimes)...

Thanks to u , im really hasty to those pics :woohoo:

Have a Nice evening

p11506932.jpg

Loco

Latest posts

Latest posts