What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strain Lineage

G

LegitUser said:
I aquired a Seattle Blue clone and can't find anything about it,
besides some dude getting busted with this strain.
Anybody heard of it? :wave:

Bump.. :wave:

G

pine tar kush

pine tar kush

Any one know the lineage of tom hills pine tar kush?
Thanks
GM

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
here ya go...

here ya go...

greenmagic said:
Any one know the lineage of tom hills pine tar kush?
Thanks
GM

A relatively unworked Pakistani inbred line. Lime green pine/skunk, one of my heavier yielding pure indicas. A very nice smoke of average potency with a rich flavor & chatty high. Some folk say it taste just like juicy fruit gum. Outdoors it finishes the second week of October, indoors about 60 days.

http://www.seedbay.com/item.php?id=12481

Tropical Rain

Haze, Kush & Grey Goose
Veteran
ppl have been asking when i plan to update again......hopefully soon,i've been busy!

umm on the other hand nobody has really stated what they are hoping to see,so i guess it will just be some usual additions.

Romulan = OG Kush x Afghani

Huhhhh???????????????? The same Romulan that Vic High used in Romberry? Or is there a "New school" Romulan out there that I don't know of? Og Kush must've been around a LOT longer than I thought!

peace

non sequitor

Last edited:
G

swiss pink

swiss pink

Anyone know the lineage of swiss pink. I have hand these seeds for ages and know nothing about it. Anyone grown it out? is worth trying.

G

Wow what a great thread!! My :respect: to all that contributed to this project..

G

There are two Blue Satellites.

Blue Sat #1 = DJ Blueberry Sativa X Shishkaberry
Blue Sat #2 = DJ Blueberry Sativa X Sweet Tooth

BS #1 destroys #2

G

Your crazy, BS#2 has some much better of a high and taste. I like BS#2 over anything else for a fun and do anything high. Love the stuff.

G

GoldDustWomen said:
Your crazy, BS#2 has some much better of a high and taste. I like BS#2 over anything else for a fun and do anything high. Love the stuff.

course ya do, its your favorite stash, lol

CBF

G

GoldDustWomen said:

crazy i am but you seem to be one of the only ones who thinks #2 is better than #1. different weeds for different needs. :D

G

Firewalker said:
crazy i am but you seem to be one of the only ones who thinks #2 is better than #1. different weeds for different needs. :D

Was joking around. No hard feelings. I do like it alot better then BS#1. Just like the Blueberry and SWT mix. Good tread
Take care

G

no hard feelings at all friend. i laughed when i read it. everybody is different, i'll have grown out 4 packs of the BS #1 before i'm through. :D

G

Niemand said:
Master Soma has corrected it quite a few times... I have 2 times on tape BUT.....

Lets take it from his book... (WHAT? No-one else can quote his book???????)
(Okay, Im lazy and decided to photocopy his words)

The story differs slightly but is basically what he wrote.....

One minor change was that instead of some being flat and some he adored, originally there were 2 different phenos he kept the best!

Now... the reason the person thought they were selfed is what I constantly ask.... If they werent selfed then they were ALREADY a cross to begin with... Which again is WHY "I" at least consider NYCD a great strain but little to do with ECSD..... Sage and Sour on the other had has UNDENIABLE proof that it is SAGE crossed with a ECSD CUTTING!!! Pure ECSD!!!

Peace, Jah Bless
any reason why Soma says on his site , that NYCD is Mexican Sativa x Afghani

peace

G

yo afghanixblueberry crosses?

yo afghanixblueberry crosses?

Anyone know of an afghan x BB cross that is similar to the afgooey clone.

TR, i think if u are going to update you should make the list smaller if anything. It seems like a couple strains listed may not be the correct lineage. I think we'd rather have a smaller list that people knew represented a consensus of the growing community. like this:

Sour Diesal = Mass.Super Skunk x Chem {dawg}
Sour Diesel = [(SensiNL X MassSuperSkunk) X Dawg/Chem] X DNL

anyone actually think these two seperate strains exist? For a while the deisel story was a lot shorter and less details then it used to be. I'm pretty sure chem x mass. ss was the original (daywrecker/headband) diesel. And looking down the list, i see that you do have orig deisel listed like that. Its really easy to believe the first thing you read about a strains lineage, especially if you're hearing from someone you respect(since nothing can really be verified outside of genetic testing). However it only takes one person in a chain believing something to be true for the info to get spread, whether its right or wrong. I say cut the list down, anything that you wouldnt wager money on its lineage being correct either get it off the list or make a second list for controversial strains.

guineapig

Veteran
is it possible to make a strain more sour-diesel-esque by working it forward and choosing successive phenotypes that have this quality for breeding, or is it only possible to work backwards and continually cross back to the parent generation?

the theory with the backcrosses is that whatever parents you start with are as close to the true sour-diesel as you are gonna get so you would be better off emphasizing that genetic material rather than going forward......