What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Canabc services Ltd ?

Canada

Any one use this service to uptain a ppl ? Are they legit . I would like to have a larger licence to store more material Nd not have to grow all year long Nd I hear this company can get 10x my current amount .

now the doctor I currently deal with said health Canada is rejecting high gram a day licences . So I'm at a crossroads here with this and icmag has treated me the very best in the past.

The license is $2500 that's 2300 more then I pay now . So I'm concerned I may be getting scammed. Are there anyways I can protect myself from being ripped off?

mango420

Never heard of them. What size licence? That's a rediculous amount to pay btw. I heard there was some hells angel that was selling big grow licences lately so hopefully that's not who you are talking about.

Also helth Canada has no power in rejecting licenses with high amounts, they may be calling doctors and requesting that they issue lower but they have no power to make them.

mojoman

Any one use this service to uptain a ppl ? Are they legit . I would like to have a larger licence to store more material Nd not have to grow all year long Nd I hear this company can get 10x my current amount .

now the doctor I currently deal with said health Canada is rejecting high gram a day licences . So I'm at a crossroads here with this and icmag has treated me the very best in the past.

The license is $2500 that's 2300 more then I pay now . So I'm concerned I may be getting scammed. Are there anyways I can protect myself from being ripped off?

if you have medical issues....just grow what you need...my .02

mojo

Gmack

Health Canada can't refuse you a license based on how many gram per day. I personally know several at 30gpd to 60gpd. And a few with even larger then that. As said before read the acmpr threads for leads to reliable clinics.

diffusing

I never really understood how doctors could justify a sliding scale in pricing depending on the plant count. I understand that the grow documents require an extra minute or two of their time filling out the additional paperwork(somehow worth triple the price of a non grow script!), but..... 500$ per 10g(or 20g)/day increments is a pretty fucked up situation. do doctors charge extra money for the number of opiates they give out in a monthly script? its free if you only want 1 pill a day, but if you want 4 pills a day that will be 1500$!

fucked up situation.

I do understand why people use these services for sure, but from the doctors standpoint i cant really justify a sliding scale in the pricing at all...

I never really understood how doctors could justify a sliding scale in pricing depending on the plant count. I understand that the grow documents require an extra minute or two of their time filling out the additional paperwork(somehow worth triple the price of a non grow script!), but..... 500$ per 10g(or 20g)/day increments is a pretty fucked up situation. do doctors charge extra money for the number of opiates they give out in a monthly script? its free if you only want 1 pill a day, but if you want 4 pills a day that will be 1500$!

fucked up situation.

I do understand why people use these services for sure, but from the doctors standpoint i cant really justify a sliding scale in the pricing at all...

The doctors just want to make cash like everyone else. They arent stupid, they know the guy with an 80g a day script is going to make 100k+ a year off that at least. I know the owners of Cann Grow so that may be biased thinking, but I used them and had no problem paying for the script.

it was an 80/day

Thats a reasonable price for 80g. Just check the legitimacy of the doctor. If they dont require much in the way of paperwork, or offer you a nurse practitioner to use as a referral point, then id steer clear.

For an 80g a day you should have to prove a need for that amount. There should be significant medical documents needed, and tons of forms to fill out.

There was another service, I forget the name off hand that recently shut down after their doctor lost his medical licence. All of the HC licenses became void overnight and there was a major investigation. I believe they were doing the nurse practitioner trick, which is illegal.

Buddha1

Veteran

fucked up situation.

Just some info most people are unaware off...

It is against the law for a doctor to charge for a prescription for any drug... including Marijuana.
The service can charge what ever people will pay and they are breaking no laws.
But if a doctor changes even $1, they are breaking laws and could lose they're license to practice medicine... typically for a few years, in some cases for life... depends on the situation/offense.

Kinda a double edged sword...damded if you do, damded if you don't.

If you don't pay... you most likely can't ask for the amount you want, the doctor will decide for you instead.
The services sole purpose is to protect the doctor and because your paying, you set the amount.

Peace...B

diffusing

Just some info most people are unaware off...

It is against the law for a doctor to charge for a prescription for any drug... including Marijuana.
The service can charge what ever people will pay and they are breaking no laws.
But if a doctor changes even $1, they are breaking laws and could lose they're license to practice medicine... typically for a few years, in some cases for life... depends on the situation/offense.

Kinda a double edged sword...damded if you do, damded if you don't.

If you don't pay... you most likely can't ask for the amount you want, the doctor will decide for you instead.
The services sole purpose is to protect the doctor and because your paying, you set the amount.

Peace...B

i think the idea is they are charging for filling out the paperwork. like a doctors note in ontario, depending on the doctor can cost up to 100$ cuz they have to use their pen and find some paper. i gues if you needed 10 doctors notes, it would cost 1000$ cuz he may need new paper, more ink, or maybe a massage after. the sliding scale grow licences tho.. its the same form, the same pen, the same number of illegible scribbles. so.. to me.. if i have a 5 gram script or a 50g script.. the only diff is the amt of money i pay to the same people... 100$ or 2000$. all cuz the doctor is aware the 'patient' is planning on selling on the black market? and wants a cut? seems pretty damn sketchy to me anyway. if you charge 2k for filling out 5 gram scripts and 50 gram script i can see that.... your time is worth $. but capitalizing on the patient because he has a greater need for meds.. and hell may now be forced to sell on the blackmarket in order to pay back the 2k...

i dunno. the situation is pretty fucked up to me.

Gmack

In all honesty if you're really sick and need a big script finding a doctor who will sign for a big script for free/cheap is much easier. If you have litte or no documentation of your illness you will pay. Your mileage may very.

Maple_Flail

In all honesty if you're really sick and need a big script finding a doctor who will sign for a big script for free/cheap is much easier. If you have litte or no documentation of your illness you will pay. Your mileage may very.

my mileage is vast and no one will do it for free or even a reasonable sub $100 I can get my ODSP bitch to sign for.

people in my situation can't swallow that cost for an 8-9g day license "administration" cost

I've been looking into these companies myself. Can anyone recommend one that doesn't specialize in the massive plant counts? Condo living sucks, plus I make teas and tinctures so I'm on the low end of the plant count spectrum. Also, does anyone know if I would have to inform my strata about this? thanks.

Maple_Flail

I've been looking into these companies myself. Can anyone recommend one that doesn't specialize in the massive plant counts? Condo living sucks, plus I make teas and tinctures so I'm on the low end of the plant count spectrum. Also, does anyone know if I would have to inform my strata about this? thanks.

by Strata do you mean landlord/superintendent? if so then yes.

If you do not own the building (all of it) additional permission is required on the license form from landlord types.

my advice.. as long as your lease doesn't prohibit it. sit on it, go month to month, DO NOT sign a new lease without taking it to a lawyer to make sure the rec grow restriction isn't in there.

you will be able to survive if you are smart about it with the rec limit.

Buddha1

Veteran
i think the idea is they are charging for filling out the paperwork. like a doctors note in ontario, depending on the doctor can cost up to 100$ cuz they have to use their pen and find some paper. i gues if you needed 10 doctors notes, it would cost 1000$ cuz he may need new paper, more ink, or maybe a massage after. the sliding scale grow licences tho.. its the same form, the same pen, the same number of illegible scribbles. so.. to me.. if i have a 5 gram script or a 50g script.. the only diff is the amt of money i pay to the same people... 100$ or 2000$. all cuz the doctor is aware the 'patient' is planning on selling on the black market? and wants a cut? seems pretty damn sketchy to me anyway. if you charge 2k for filling out 5 gram scripts and 50 gram script i can see that.... your time is worth $. but capitalizing on the patient because he has a greater need for meds.. and hell may now be forced to sell on the blackmarket in order to pay back the 2k...

All you need the doctor to sign is the medical document... the rest is filled out by the patient at home.
It is how I've done it for the past 12 years... before that I plunked the whole application down blank(1/4 inch thick...10-15 pages) and was refused every time.

I suggest everyone do the same...fill in all the info possible on the medical document that can be filled in by you the patient before hand... only leave for the doc what is absolutely nessary for them to fill in.
This entails(For the Doctor)...the grams per day, there stamp, a date and signature.
The rest of the information on the medical document can and should be filled in by you the patient.
If you simplify the process...it'll be much easier to find a doc to sign it... be it your doctor or another doctor you searched out.

The rest of the application can and should be filled out by you the patient at home... the doc dosen't need to know your going to grow or buy... that's between you and Heath Canada.

Use KISS...Keep It Simple Stupid.

Once I applied KISS to the process... I've been legal and licensed for 12 years.

Peace...B

PS... ONLY BRING THE MEDICAL DOCUMENT TO THE DOCTOR...leave the rest of the application at home.
One page dosen't freak the doc out... the entire application will.

by Strata do you mean landlord/superintendent? if so then yes.

If you do not own the building (all of it) additional permission is required on the license form from landlord types.

my advice.. as long as your lease doesn't prohibit it. sit on it, go month to month, DO NOT sign a new lease without taking it to a lawyer to make sure the rec grow restriction isn't in there.

you will be able to survive if you are smart about it with the rec limit.

You dont require any special permissions from a landlord no matter the building type. But if they find out they will probably make a big deal about it.

If someone cant afford $2000 on a licence for 300 plants, how the hell would they afford the start up, or even operating costs of growing that amont haha.

My buddies have one of these services. They are just growers that want to make more cash and know a doctor. Put 2 and 2 together and they are getting people scripts. They charge more on large amounts because usually the big growers dont care about the money, they just pay it and thank them, then send all their friends.

Its just another hustle, if they didnt make bank they wouldnt exist, and none of us would have big licenses.

Latest posts

Latest posts