What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tolerance or Reverse Tolerance

Talk about tolerance or reverse tolerance to marijuana.

For instance I feel like I have a reverse tolerance to weed overall. When I'm constantly smoking I maybe smoke 3 times a day a few hits each time. I feel like when my system gets saturated I only need 2 or 3 hits in order to get high. Any more than that and it can be uncomfortable or just make me sleepy. If I smoke a lot of concentrates I can start hallucinating.

Tolerance to strains does happen to me though. If I smoke the same strain for a while it loses some of its potency and I get used to the effects. For this reason I usually try to have at least 2-3 different strains and I like to have Sativas or Hybrids for the daytime and Indicas or Indica based Hybrids for night time. That also helps prevent strain tolerance.

Anyways Id like to see how other people relate to and experience tolerance, both overall tolerance and strain based tolerance.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
strain based tolerance has always been a problem; enough so that i USED to keep a minimum of 2 or 3 varieties around. now though, since i have cut back (rather dramatically) on my smoking, it does not seem to be the problem it once was. i used to go through an oz a week or so. now, i smoke an eighth over the course of two to three weeks, smoking only as needed to help with pain/sleep issues. doing small hits in a pipe does what i need, and my tolerance level is somewhere between "damn little" and "none whatsoever", LOL! i wish i had ALWAYS gotten this high on so little weed...in reality, i think a shitpot of weed i went through earlier in life was for the social context, rolling up hoglegs to share with friends. also a good reason to smoke, but at my age now, i am running out of friends.:clock watch:

rolandomota

if i were to quit for a month then i would get really high and think my brickweed is much better than i do now. I smoke all day and only the first hour is any good after a afternoon nap its good again at first then it wont do much again until the morning. I keep a bud of previously smoked bricks and smoke that after i get tired of the new one and it gets me nicely blazed. I like to make iso and smoke it in the mornings but no one has brought me any fucking alcohol for this batch. Smoke the same stuff and it starts to get weaker switch it up and you get higher quit for a month and feel like a beginner for a week or two then the tolerance is back from smoking all day everyday. Smoking half a pound of brickweed a month messes up my tolerance but i most definitely get high from it and save seeds even though i probably wont grow them im focusing in malawi and golden tiger grows once i can do it again like in two or 4 years o well too much info im going to go smoke now

angelgoob

I'm only gonna say I smoked a different strain each week for like a year. And some bud I would get anxiety from and some it would cure my anxiety symptom. Also changing strains is good so you can maintain an effect. Sucks when you smoke so much you don't get high, that doesn't happen nearly as often when you can change up your strain.

Cannatonic made me mellow. Blue dream made me have a panic attack, luckily nobody noticed my panic attack because ANOTHER person right next to me was having an even worse panic attack than me. He lived down the block I just told him "nothing can hurt you we have your back, now walk down there and we'll be watching out for you." He got up stumbling and stumbled all the way down the road until he was safe at his house. Man he only had 1 beer and smoked blue dream and he was so panicking.

See me, I don't have panic attacks now, I have mild transient feeling of anxiety. I think it is because the last few panic attacks amazed me. I said to myself "This is what my body is doing to protect itself and it does a good job." Trying to give you oxygen and blood flow needed for fight or flight. So I took to my dismay and realized anxiety attacks are there to help you, not harm you. Since then I haven't had the total panic attacks.

I've also been drinking lemon balm chamomile tea when I get any sort of anxiety. It's awesome stuff combined.

I like how eating it nightly allows me to not need to smoke so much. After it kicks in I dont smoke at all until late the next morning and can feel it still having an effect up until then...its nice.

Anyone else think they have reverse tolerance? I think it is pretty rare...

I don't know how people smoke an ounce a week! I would be tripping or comatose.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I eat and smoke a lot..

I eat and smoke a lot..

I like how eating it nightly allows me to not need to smoke so much. After it kicks in I dont smoke at all until late the next morning and can feel it still having an effect up until then...its nice.

I grow Pineapple Chunk specifically to help with Cancer side effects. I eat 60mg CanaCookies before bed. I don't start smoking until later in the day as it really stones me.

I am taking a tolerance break this week as I am in Baltimore (non med) for a funeral.

I'll be heading home tomorrow and we'll see:party: I haven't taken a break in years

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tolerance breaks can be beneficial.

It's the same/similar to many prescribed Rx. After a while, you need something different or stronger dose to manage whatever...thyroid, hypertension, cholesterol, and the list goes on....

X

xavier7995

I try and rotate strains every couple of weeks. Sorta sucks though when doing a production run of a single strain and I wind up with a whole lot of a single strain, no matter how good I get tired of it. Been many years since I took a break, the decreased tolerance only lasted about a week or so for me so decided to not do that again. The first smoke of the day is still nice, but I just don't seem to get much higher/high again when I have another bowl. Edibles have been my jam for a while now, it's just the easiest way to get lots of thc in my system, lasts a long time as well.

soil margin

Veteran
I try and rotate strains every couple of weeks. Sorta sucks though when doing a production run of a single strain and I wind up with a whole lot of a single strain, no matter how good I get tired of it. Been many years since I took a break, the decreased tolerance only lasted about a week or so for me so decided to not do that again. The first smoke of the day is still nice, but I just don't seem to get much higher/high again when I have another bowl. Edibles have been my jam for a while now, it's just the easiest way to get lots of thc in my system, lasts a long time as well.

Yeah I feel ya on most of this. I definitely like getting high just once a day and waiting as long as possible to smoke. If my first session of the day is at 6pm rather than 10am, I seem to get much, much higher. Just those extra eight hours is like an additional tolerance break, allows me to consume much less with the same effect.

Fuel

When i'm in a pollen session, i don't grow any sensi to make all couple in a row during weeks. I'm quickly "fresh" because i never stock, so i recover all my defense to be high as fuck the next cone i will light. That's the only thing wich is universal for all of us lol

EsterEssence

Veteran
The terpenes modulate the effect of THC, that is why I have different variety's of rosin, if one quits working use a different variety...

Barn Owl

I have only developed tolorance with smoking and vaping. Edibles do produce tolorance, but it is pretty minimal. I end up skipping two days a week and it is fine. And I like my day off.

I had to get into edibles due to bad asthma, but it turned out to be far superior to smoking. Seems like much is lost that way. But I used to really love it. It just got too painful for me.

I have never developed any reverse tolorance. That would be quite ideal if you ask me.

Latest posts

Latest posts