What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

weed causing heavy heart beat

GoatCheese

Veteran
How's your friend nowadays?
Has he tried CBD-rich strains with THC in them? CBD rounds off the edgy and rushy effects THC quite nicely.
You can also mix CBD-rich weed with normal THC-only bud to calm down the effects of THC abit. It feels like your smoking strong hash, rather than THC-only type of weed.

One thing you can do to counter the edgy effects of THC is to have a full stomach before smoking. Smoking while hungry can make you feel like you're sugar crashing hard, shaky, nervous...

How's your friend nowadays?

He is still not smoking. But we haven't had any cbd stains yet but will hopefully have some soon.

Looking at cbd cherry afgan so should be ok. im interested in the entourage effect. Im getting tired of having bad memory so im going down the low thc route. i hear limonene is good for reversing memory problems from thc. I know a few ppl that have quit so would like to try out the cherry afgan on themm

Always looking for new info.

Thanks for asking btw

rolandomota

Veteran
Have you heard that one rap song on YouTube it goes "I can feel my heartbeat" its from getting high point is its normal to feel it sometimes and feel paranoid about it. Sorry but weed aint for everyone the song is the first song in an album called prohibition 3 on YouTube i didn't like these new tunes not part one two or three i personally despise the strain refrences they love to smoke "indicrap" as one guy put it lol as you can tell i dont think indicas are all that great dont get me wrong though i love all weed unless its literally hemp

angelgoob

did he take a tolerance break? I smoked a whole bowl after a year and my heart actually hurt when I so high. I just told myself, this is because of my tolerance level. If he was on one even for a week, it could do what I am saying.

now change your strain

it just seems like anxiety from the mind changing, and yes it's a thing it's a response from the body I personally believe.

and a thing I've been recommending for anxiety is lemon balm tea. yes. anti-cancer tea also! people think green tea is the shit, but allllll different fruits, vegetables, leaves and flowers, roots have the same thing going for them.

P

Pinnate

my friend has smoked for years. all of a sudden it started making his heart rate increase and beat alot heavier.
I'm tokin since '74 and have found that some prescription drugs and overdoing caffeine can affect cardiac rhythm as you described ─ it's unheard of that something previously benign like cannabis would go rogue, out the blue?

I was recently put on the antibiotic Tavanic after surgery for a pneumothorax and soon noticed the occasional heavy, thumping heartbeat happening.

Checking tavanic online, I saw it had a list of nasty side-effects as long as my arm, and I had my GP change my prescription.

Why your friend would immediately suspect cannabis was responsible is beyond me?

did he take a tolerance break? I smoked a whole bowl after a year and my heart actually hurt when I so high. I just told myself, this is because of my tolerance level. If he was on one even for a week, it could do what I am saying.

now change your strain

it just seems like anxiety from the mind changing, and yes it's a thing it's a response from the body I personally believe.

and a thing I've been recommending for anxiety is lemon balm tea. yes. anti-cancer tea also! people think green tea is the shit, but allllll different fruits, vegetables, leaves and flowers, roots have the same thing going for them.

I believe when you take a break and come back it can be bad.

I will try this lemon tea. Need to try some cbd lemon weed i think

GoatCheese

Veteran
He is still not smoking. But we haven't had any cbd stains yet but will hopefully have some soon.

Looking at cbd cherry afgan so should be ok. im interested in the entourage effect. Im getting tired of having bad memory so im going down the low thc route. i hear limonene is good for reversing memory problems from thc. I know a few ppl that have quit so would like to try out the cherry afgan on themm

Always looking for new info.

Thanks for asking btw

CBD-rich strains that have some THC in them, well i have smoked only one so far but the CBD really cuts down the confused/drunken and rushy/over-powering effects THC can have, but you will still get baked if you smoke enough of this stuff. The effect is a bit lighter (depends of CBD/THC %), more clear, calm and focused with some CBD in the smoke. I like it.

There are many CBD-strain/product reviews at YouTube and some are quite good in how the explain the effects/how the product makes them feel, benefits etc.

:)

St. Phatty

I have witnessed something similar, "premature ventricular contraction" ... feels like your heart has stopped beating or skips a beat, then POUNDS.

In my case, it was stress related. It stopped the same day I resigned from a job at a less-than-ethical electronics company in San Diego.

As it turned out, the same corporate bullshit that gave me an irregular heartbeat - led one of my more highly regarded technician friends at the same company ... after he got laid off ... he came back in with guns a blazing.

Killed one of the asshole VP's that was giving everybody heartburn (there were 5 in total, they were doing WIERD SHIT like booking orders below cost to make it look like they had a healthy backlog ... then trying to cancel the order ... customer threatened to sue ... upper management turned around and said, "you have 3 months to do 9 months worth of work." )

My response was to get the irregular heartbeat condition.

My tech friend's response, after being laid off, was to grab a handgun and some dynamite ... etc.

I was smoking pot at the time, though I didn't have a good connect & it was crappy pot.

I think sometimes pot (and alcohol) can contribute but mostly it's stress.