What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bho - large scale closed system

~SYK~

summarized shopping list for your new expensive toy

or maybe better since you guys have 2.5 gallon paint pots to get the 50 lb tank

Wholey shit!

This thread brings back fond memories.

FOAF! How the heck are you?

Hope all is well in your part of the nook.

Take Care - Hope to Talk Soon,

SYK

foaf

Veteran
hiya ~SYK~ , stop by thenook sometimes, I tried to pm you but this board wont let you until you have some unreasonable number of posts or something.

arvid - thanks for checkin.. more pics... well, I will next time I run the damn thing.

billy/sleestak/danny - thanks for checkin on my guys....

This kicks ass! could I make a recommendation? Lose the filter drier ASAP. It is not needed at all and is probably being caked with oil. It is full of desiccant and is used to pull moisture out of freon.

foaf

Veteran
could I make a recommendation? Lose the filter drier ASAP.
thanks for that and any recs. I ran it for a while without, and I got the impression, perhaps mistaken, that it was taking longer to purge. I assumed that I was picking up some moisture in the process, so I have been running it through the molecular seive just before it goes back into the tank, by then it is a vapor and without any oil, I hope. all in all, if you put the dessicant/seive at a vapor phase and just before the pump/tank, I think it may be helpful.

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
Thanks for posting...I just wish I read this three years ago.

Last edited:

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
I unerstand you have a background in Chem., but where in the world do you (and others) figure this stuff out to begin with?!? Looks amazing though.
You just answered the questions.

Necessity is the mother of invention.

Last edited:

sideshow

IMG_16661.jpg
here is a pic of some of my bho

sneakinman13

Veteran
very impressive there!! i would llove to get one of these systems up and running. and i think i might just : )

redeye.

foaf
Thanks for sharing.
You recommend a 30lb recovery tank, but for a 2.5 gal paint pot you recommend a 50lb tank. would a 30gal tank not hold at least 3gal of butane? (1gal =~10lb)
Does the sensor mount in the tank?