What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nut Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free

shmalphy

Veteran
I am looking for a recipe that doesn't have tree nuts, gluten or dairy that works with coconut oil. It can be a candy, snack food, anything really. I was a chef for years, and I am usually pretty good at this, but I am kind of stumped.

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
I am looking for a recipe that doesn't have tree nuts, gluten or dairy that works with coconut oil. .

^^ Shot yourself in the foot there .... someone better check that relationship out

I eat a Vegan/Ital diet, breadfruit roasted and fried makes a great savoury snack

Ripe plantain slices fried make a good contrast

What sort of food (snack/meal?) were you looking for?

If tree nuts are out then the next biggest thing would be sesame seeds and there's lots of recipes for those

I am looking for a recipe that doesn't have tree nuts, gluten or dairy that works with coconut oil. It can be a candy, snack food, anything really. I was a chef for years, and I am usually pretty good at this, but I am kind of stumped.

get bob's red mill gluten free flours. you will have to add zanthium gum to get the product to hold together. then just go with your normal recipes but diminish the flour by a couple TBS per cup, i have found.

bobs makes a combination flour that works well if you do not want to mix your own. i use rice and tapioca flour for baking. i also increase the baking powder by 30% as well.

G

guest 77721

How about making chocolates or fudge?

Thats just cocoa, sugar and oil.

Sinkyone

You could make hard candies with the coconut oil. Those are just sugar, water, food color, and flavorings - gluten, nut and dairy free.

shmalphy

Veteran
The person I am making these for said coconut is fine, almonds and cashews are a no go.

Chocolates and hard candies are great ideas. Once I make the dairy free chocolate, I can use that in other recipes as well.

Any recipes for the gluten free flours would be appreciated as I am sure it works better in some things than others.

KiefSweat

Veteran
what about maple or honey candys.

You could use coconut oil with them as well, would prob taste good.

T

TrichyTrichy

There is a mix on Amazon called 123 Devilishly Decadent Brownie Mix
"123 gluten free devilishly decadent brownie mix, 30.56-ounce boxes (pack of 2) makes a full 9" x 13" tray of silky smooth brownies, dotted with chocolate chunks (the chips do contain soy lecithin). Gluten -free, wheat-free, corn-free, dairy-free, nut-free and peanut-free."

G

guest 77721

Doh, I was in the organic/health food section of the grocery store yesterday and looked right at a bunch of gluten free baking mixes. There's a little section dedicated to gluten-free stuff. There's brownie, cookie and cake mixes.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
I get so tired of 'sweet's to medicate with.

A while back I switched to Canna-Caps.

Kief/BHO/QWETHO in a little olive oil
Decarb at 250F for 20-30 mins
Add powdered oatmeal
Stuff in capsules

Too weak? Use more kief and less oil and larger capsules.
Too strong? Add more powdered oatmeal.

I will do pinches when I don't have capsules... not bad at all and gone with a swish of water or juice. :D (Or some damn good home-made wine. LOL)

Virtually tasteless, digestable by everyone and wonderfully effective. :D

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

I get so tired of 'sweet's to medicate with.

A while back I switched to Canna-Caps.

Kief/BHO/QWETHO in a little olive oil
Decarb at 250F for 20-30 mins
Add powdered oatmeal
Stuff in capsules

Too weak? Use more kief and less oil and larger capsules.
Too strong? Add more powdered oatmeal.

I will do pinches when I don't have capsules... not bad at all and gone with a swish of water or juice. :D (Or some damn good home-made wine. LOL)

Virtually tasteless, digestable by everyone and wonderfully effective. :D

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

i use drops of holy anointing oil. easier to titrate.

Dragon Fly

Hi all I tried to do the canna goodies myself, and found them to work ,but didn't like the sweet or calories...So i went to making vegetable glycerin tincture, works great!!!! now people are asking me for sugar free candy and am having problems finding some recipes any suggestions are welcome!!!!!!! thanks

Peace, Love, & Happiness Dragon Fly

the simplest nut/dairy/gluten etc. free treat I make is "Nice Krispies" melt like 1/4 cup of medicated coconut oil with like 10 oz or more of marshmallows (marshMELLOW is a vegan alternative) throw in the box of rice krispies and mix well. Make it different every time with vegan nut free choc chips from enjoy life brand, raisins, berries etc... Pour the mixture in a pan, cover and stick in the fridge. Cheap, healthy, simple, allergen free etc... InJoy!~mgd

Latest posts

Latest posts