What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED Grow Results: Grams per Watt

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
I am getting my numbers for my latest harvest under the white growblu panel of mine. I am uploading the video and once done I will be posting it in this post here.

Currently I am right under a gram per watt but I know I will break it as I still have plenty of trimming to finish up but for those wondering, I am currently at

12+ ounces currently and I think there is another 2 ounces give or take left. Now this means I probably won't be hitting that pound with this panel just yet but I am sure as hell on the right track.

364 running settled watts ( its startup wattage is 367/368 )
336* grams (12 ounces x 28 grams ) * this number will be going up once I am done today
but just wanted to get some "while its happening" updates.

pics and video and final totals coming later tonight woohoo
fuckin stoked and fuckin stoned as well LOL
a good batch of jackpot royale and jedi kush final runs yummy yum yum

[YOUTUBEIF]bGOODArp4IE[/YOUTUBEIF]

pics and final results coming later after all the work and FUN is DUN :woohoo:

Last edited:

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
bad ass Aardvark

look forward to the totals and the specs on the lights.

:tiphat:

medmaker420

Veteran
Here is the final results video

[YOUTUBEIF]Vi2qXHdz8JA[/YOUTUBEIF]

still working towards hitting that pound though
I think it is more than doable once I get my shit more ironed out,

the aardvark

skyview

Scanning through this thread, it sounds like there are some good advantages to using LED Grow Lights. When I talk to almost anyone at a store though, they almost always say, "They don't work - don't bother." Is that because LEDs are better for small plants and most people want as big as possible?

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
no; thats because it is nearly impossible to get any viable advice from a grow store

McPt

what spectrum is the best for overall use? Lookin at a apollo 6light with 2:1 for grow and flowering! Any good?

skyview

no; thats because it is nearly impossible to get any viable advice from a grow store
xmobotx - I know what you mean but they're learning! It reminds me of that quote, "those who can't do, teach..."... and I guess in a store people always want to sell what they have in stock, not necessarily what a customer really needs.

jumpman233345

Im soon to be joining you guys on the LED train ...... i will be buying 2 grow northern MS0006's

one for my small CAB , and then probably 2 in a wardrobe setup while the small CAB keeps the 250 HID

GP73LPC

Veteran
cool jumpman, welcome to icmag :tiphat:

i haven't seen those GN MS0006 models until now. they have all the correct spectrum, that's for sure.

i am going to add that one and the MS0004 to my retailer thread. link in my sig if you're interested.

later

jumpman233345

cool jumpman, welcome to icmag :tiphat:

i haven't seen those GN MS0006 models until now. they have all the correct spectrum, that's for sure.

i am going to add that one and the MS0004 to my retailer thread. link in my sig if you're interested.

later

everyone i have spoken to say this grow northern ms0006 is awesome!!! .... the plant in the link was grown with the smaller ms0004 in veg and flowered with a ms0006!!
look at the sie of that monster :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

evidence they/it does work me thinks

GP73LPC

Veteran
thanks for the link. i have heard about that think different someone else.

i will add those two grow northern models to my retailer pdf.

:tiphat:

medmaker420

Veteran
I will be working towards that pound with my panels, I just pulled 15.92 on my vert side however I need to test the panels watts with just red on to see how it went. The reason I am not focused on it is because the panels were on FULL for about half their flowering time and then switched to all red so the grams per watt will not be accurate no matter which way I go about it.

What I still want to focus on doing however is hitting a pound with less than 400 watts of leds and I think it is more than doable with the right spectrum, environment and genetics.

bothof

This is an awesome thread! Is it still being fully updated? I know all the craze these days is about the apache lights....I don't see any GPW on these lights. Anyone seen anything on this? I'm also surprised the other "big" hitters that have a lot of buzz right now aren't really frequent on the list. That's why I'm wondering if this list is being continually updated.

Thank you for this resource, it's great!

bothof

Anyone followed the Bonsai Hero DIY Guy? I find his research very interesting. Google him "Bonsai Hero DIY LED" I'm trying to find more information on guys who've used his methods and what kind of results they've had? Anyone?

GP73LPC

Veteran
yea, the bonsai diy guy is already listed on page 1 in the OP.

he does good work :tiphat: