What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace outdoor

Tipunch

Hello,
Who can guide me in right direction in Ace offering?

What's the best Indica leaning Ace strain, that has proven early and quick flower outdoor/greenhouse, and proven qualities like mold proof, stealthy, and great taste and high?

And for a sativa leaning pheno, what would you recon?

Nothing should go past october.

:tiphat:

Kaskadian

Veteran
Hello,

What's the best Indica leaning Ace strain, that has proven early and quick flower outdoor/greenhouse, and proven qualities like mold proof, stealthy, and great taste and high?

Welcome to the Ace corner amigo! Can't go wrong with Ace and Dubi is pretty much the best. ;)

Let's get to your question.

Erdpurt

• 7-8 week flowering time
  • Does well in Northern climates with cold/rain/etc (I live in the PNW and this would be one of my first choices for a solid outdoor strain)
  • High CBD content
Bubba Kush x PCK

• 7-8 week flowering time
  • Also suitable for northern/colder climates
  • Higher THC content than Erdpurt
Nepal Jam

• 8-9 week flowering time
  • Tolerates cold/wet climates
  • Sativa dominant!
On the sativa side of things (besides Nepal Jam), check this out...

Auto Malawi x Northern Lights

You'll get some of that sativa power from the Malawi but seeing as it's an auto you should have no issues finishing in a northern climate assuming you start the plants early enough.

SolarLogos

Hello,

Good day Tipunch. Check out the thread on here, Farmerlion's Greenhouse Learning Experiments. FL lives in an area that has very harsh winters, -30F where I was at and grows in a greenhouse. As far as what is great taste and high, since it's subjective, I would browse Ace's website, as the descriptions are very accurate. If there is a strain you like, read the threads on that strain to see what others are doing.

If you need to finish before Oct., you might consider bringing the plants in early at night to force flower them around the end of July, depending on your area. Where I live, my plants, particularly indica's always flip to flower outdoors at exactly 13.5 hours. What kind of sativa high are you looking for? If you want something energetic, I like Honduran in the morning, it's like a jolt of caffeine. Tangwena likes the PanamaxHonduran for the energy as well. Your African sativa's are usually more electric. I've not tried Zam, but I've read it's a wild ride. Give other's an idea what you're looking for in a high, taste, etc. and you will get plenty of excellent suggestions from others here.

Also, consider your level of growing experience when choosing strains. Healthy plants are first, everything else will naturally fall in place.
Good luck and don't forget to let us in on your grow, we love reports and pics!
Peace, God bless

Tipunch

Thanks Solarlogos and Kaskadian for your suggestions, I feel that we''re in right direction.

From A buzz I like happy, energetic, social sativas and indicas that aren't too much on the couchclock side and leave me enough energy during day.

From a taste side, not too much on fruits, I prefer strong, diesel, earthy tastes. For example liked the Flo, Schnazzleberry2, SSH and Nevilhaze, Durban Poison. This year I grew MLI, SSH, Ultra Sour, Critcal Kush (freebie), Durban Poison, Kali Mist, Destroyer, all drying.

My grow habits include LST although this year I tried Nugbuckets approach. NeXT year will try A new approach by cutting all branches on one side and then planting horizontaly So that all left branches become single trunks. I usually defoliate in flower, use bio nutes, rain water, epson salts, humic and fulvic acids, cal/Mag, bat guano, broken egg shelves, used coffee powder and other soil addons. I started growing 15 years ago, started indoors and then added outdoor after 1 year and added guerilla the year after. I quit guerilla after 3 years and continued only indoor for A year. Then I started growing on my balcony, still am and added greenhouse at another place, both running simultaneously but no more than 15 plants per season.... Security reasons only.

I'll go check the selections you propose and Will come back:biggrin:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Tipunch,

Thanks for considering our genetics for your upcoming outdoor grow, much appreciated! :)

Indicas, we would recommend Bubba Hash, ErdPurt and Violeta.

Early flowering sativa dom strains: Bangi Congo x Panama, Bangi Haze, Congo, Nepal Jam, Panama, Panama x Bangi Haze, Panama x Malawi, Orient Express, Tikal, Zamaldelica or even Thai Chi when she is back in stock. And from R+D section i think the following ones will be also suitable: Zamal Bliss (Zamal x Nepal Jam), Bangi Haze x Nepal Jam and Bangi Congo x Malawi.

Hope it helps. Let me know if you have any other specific doubt.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
I too have been very interested in Ace. I ( like many middle age and younger smokers) have never tried a true nld with "sativa" effects. - unless it was schwag Mexican brick in mid ninety's.

Dying to try a strain described as a "Racey" or "electric" or "trippy" Here in prohibitionland I have only got my hands on one cut that looked sativa (narrow leaves, wispy buds) but had indica effect.

What would be the best strain with those qualities, for an area that gets first frost around mid October?

How many seeds would I have to pop of said strain till I get a trippy? Are most phenos coming up like that or a certain percentage?

Tipunch

Hi Tipunch,

Thanks for considering our genetics for your upcoming outdoor grow, much appreciated! :)

Indicas, we would recommend Bubba Hash, ErdPurt and Violeta.

Early flowering sativa dom strains: Bangi Congo x Panama, Bangi Haze, Congo, Nepal Jam, Panama, Panama x Bangi Haze, Panama x Malawi, Orient Express, Tikal, Zamaldelica or even Thai Chi when she is back in stock. And from R+D section i think the following ones will be also suitable: Zamal Bliss (Zamal x Nepal Jam), Bangi Haze x Nepal Jam and Bangi Congo x Malawi.

Hope it helps. Let me know if you have any other specific doubt.
Hi Dubi, Thanks for stepping in :biggrin: last year I was really looking closely at Panama and Tikal but had already placed my orders. I checked your site and must say that Bangi Haze has my preference right now. Looking at Bubba Hash, hows the outdoor yield as I would prefer something on the medium-high range, not below?

Thanks for your input, much appreciated:tiphat:

CowboyTed

Hey Tipunch, I'm in a similar situation: making plans to grow some of ACE's delicious-sounding strains outdoors next summer. Judging by the many posters here singing their praises for Dubi's work, I can't wait to sample it myself. Having Dubi's input in these threads to help us grow his strains more successfully means a lot as well. I sure wish I had received similar input from the breeders who created the strains I grew last summer, but the local dispensaries are all selling their own strains, and their staff at the dispensaries simply have no knowledge about the strains, no growing tips, no help at all for beginning growers.

I'm at 40 degrees north, and 7000 feet above sea level, so I have a similar freeze problem, and prefer not to extend a grow past mid-october, in order to avoid scenes like this:

picture.php

or like this a few days later:

picture.php

Next year, I'm going to follow Solarlogo's suggestion, and arrange my grow so that I can easily take my plants inside at night in July, in order to trigger flowering early on the sativas that might not finish otherwise. I 'm fortunate to live in Colorado where cannabis is legal, but I also have to contend with plant limits (twelve plants total, and no more than six in flower at any given time), so I want the outdoor plants to grow as large as possible. I'm going to build a couple planters on top of pallets, so that I can use my forklift to bring them into the barn at night. I'm thinking that might be necessary for the late finishers like Malawi and Ethiopian. If I can start them flowering in July, they should finish by mid-October. If they don't, the pallets under the planters will allow me to bring them inside to finish under lights in the barn.

Last edited:

Tipunch

Hey CowboyTed, never seen snow on plants like this :biggrin:

@Dubi and team, Bubba Hash, Panama, Bangi Haze and ZamaldelicaxKali China seem closest to my wishes. Bubba Hash being the fastest flowering of all 4. Bangi Haze the best mold resistant. Panama and Bubba Hash best yield. Taste wise, ZamaldelicaxKali China seems to have the largest spectrum. CBG ratio is high on all except BH.

Bubba Hash clearly has an edge on others for fastness, yield, hopefully that diesel taste comes out often. Then I really need advice between Panama, ZamaldelicaxKali China and Bangi Haze.

Thanks for thoughts :tiphat: