What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

spliff city - oiler

axle2u

hello again folks,

what is YOUR best oil recipe
for flavor, color, and high...?

inquiring minds wanna know....lol

myself, I prefer to use pure bud, for material
but lets see what you got going on,
im all ears (well eyes in this case)

thanks,

axle A. robot...............:biggrin:

axle2u

attachment.php

axle2u

this is one recipe, old school
note red oil recipe....

any comments and/or additional info is appreciated

thanks,

axle robot

axle2u

Quote:
How To Make Red Hash Oil

If you have some practical chemistry experience you can try making red oil instead of honey oil. Red oil is not as potent as honey oil, but if you use the same amount (and potency) of marijuana to produce both red oil and honey oil, the red oil yield will be larger.

You will be working with chemicals that will ignite if not used in a properly ventilated lab. Do not attempt this without a proper spark-less exhaust system if you are not working in a lab.

1) Completely dry and grind material to a powder. Soak material in petroleum ether for several hours, but less than 24 hours. Strain, saving the pet ether/oil mixture... pressing out the material thoroughly to get as much solvent/oil out of the material as possible. Filter the solvent/oil mixture through a coffee filter.

2) Extract pet ether/oil mixture w/ an ~ 4% sodium hydroxide (NaOH) in alcohol solution three times.

3) Acidify the NaOH/oil mixture w/ HCl (diluted 2:1 or 3:1 with distilled water) to pH 3. Filter the acidified mixture through a coffee filter.

4) Extract acidified mixture w/ pet ether three times. Evaporate off pet ether to yield red honey oil!

NOTE: This recipe works well w/ small quantities of material.

When dealing w/ large material quantities, replace 1) w/ ->
- dry, grind and soak material in 91% (or higher) isopropyl alcohol for three days.
- strain and filter, saving alcohol/oil mixture.
- evaporate off alcohol down to ~ 250 - 300 ml of alcohol/oil mixture.
- extract alcohol/oil mixture w/ pet ether three times.

Extract = placing two solutions in a separatory funnel, mixing thoroughly, and allowing the two phases to separate...
--- given pet ether & alcohol >> (pet ether on top) (alcohol on bottom)
--- given pet ether & NaOH soln >> (pet ether on top) (NaOH soln on bottom). same for pet ether and acidified NaOH solution.

To make the NaOH solution - mix 40 mg of pure NaOH pellets into 500 ml of distilled water until dissolved thoroughly. Then add 500 ml of absolute grain alcohol (everclear), yielding ~ 1 liter of the sodium hydroxide solution.

White gas can be substituted for pet ether (verified) muriatic acid (swimming pools) can be substituted for HCl (verified) lye can be substituted for NaOH (verified).

this is recipe # 2, again a red oil is produced

my endgame is to try and revive, old school authentic cherry oil

only some people have ever heard of it, nevermind had the pleasure to own it and smoke it....I am one such lucky person.....but never again seen since the late 70s

the stuff I had, was appropriately named cherry oil...
tastes like cherries, and smells like it tastes when burnt....
excellent buzz....best oil ive ever encountered in a lifetime....period

will these recipes reproduce it, dunno till I get there

any comments, welcomed
any further insight appreciated

thanks

axle A. robot