What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What does this look like?

Pyra

Planted in coots mix. Did well for a number of weeks, left town for 2 days came back on the 3rd to find growth tips starting to turn a dark black color. Its been about weeks since and the plants have continued to get worse.

My apologies for the bad picture quality, this camera isnt very good.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Hi, I'm totally new to diagnosis, but I'm not really seeing anything wrong in those photos? Everything has a green shift though, even the planter. Might need to take a pic outside the tent in white light. Burnt tips, I think implies over fertilization though. I'm not familiar with coots mix, is it kind of strong? If so it might be overly strong for seedlings. I've run seedlings in a stonington blend that was a little strong for them, the first week or two they got burnt tips but they grew out of it. Other than that I don't know and hopefully somebody better can reply. Good luck!

Pyra

This might be a slightly better photo, this happened over a weekend when i was gone for 2 days, it happened on some but not all plants of vary ages, but mostly the older larger plants. These plants had been growing in the same soil for 2 to 4 weeks depending on the age of the plant when this first begun to happen.

picture.php

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Yeah, wow, I don't think that is nutrient burn. Hopefully somebody with some experience can help ya out man :(

P

Pinnate

It's difficult Pyra, as AP said ─ but one can assume that being left unattended might be the cause...

Could be something simple like a fan blowing uninterupted, with too-dry air, for example?

MrBungle

the first pics looked like over watering.. the second pic looks like russet mite damage or something like that

MrBungle

It could also possibly be from root rot as a result of over watering as well...

How often are you watering Pyra?

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Need a wider shot. How old? clones or seeds? That tip seems quite immature. There's an imbalance for sure. How often are they fed? What are they fed? I'm leaning towards nitrogen:potassium issues. Did you happen to roll compost or earth worm castings heavy on this particular coots creation?

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
To find mites you need a very strong usb microscope. Probably about $15 on ebay. Look at under side of leaves.

Agree with the others sure looks like micro mite damage I just had a battle with those lil shitgibbons recently. Gonna need a microscope like loc dog said spider mites can be seen with the naked eye but you can't see broad,cyclamens or russets without magnification. I was able to see mine with a 60x jewlers loop running around flipping me the bird and mooning me:moon:

starke

Just battled russets myself for the first time. Your damage looks similar to what I was beginning to experience. Russets are really tiny so a minimum of 60X is needed to spot them...100X would be better. No pest strips will kill them but I would not use them in flower.

Pyra

Thanks for all the suggestions, i will scope them and see whats up, as a preventative i released green lacewig larvae, californicus, rove beetles and hypoaspis 3 weeks ago and then again 1 week ago. There are plants from small cuttings to 4 foot plants showing the same thing, there are also some plants not showing the damage in the same veg space. Temps are 70-80 rh is 40-55