What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How do you feed sub-irrigation soil planters?

LogRhythmic

I'm about to start my first grow, and will attempt an organic 'living' soil in an outdoor SIP system*. I have no idea if I will need to feed after planting. If so, how? Can I top dress if I'm not top watering? Drain the reservoir, top feed, then flush it out after? Foliar feed?

If this is the wrong sub, please point me in the right direction. And, of course, thank you in advance for any advice.

*I'm planning on a noobwannaB style SIP system. Each 25 gallon cloth pot will sit atop a layer of lava or perlite contained in half of a 55 gallon drum.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Why would you need to feed it after? If it's an organic living soil doesn't that provide everything it should need? Excuse the ignorance cause I have mostly done hydro. My only soil grow I didn't supplement anything except CaliMag.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I'd think depending on the deficiency top feeding or foliar would both be fine. Like I think you can fix iron, magnesium, manganese, and calcium with foliar? But the other ones you should water? Take that with a grain of salt, as I don't know shit compared to a lot of these guys. :D