Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Hydro > Would ya just look at that.

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Would ya just look at that. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-12-2018, 04:39 AM #61
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
Looking pretty!

Old 12-14-2018, 07:39 AM #62
Watchgrassgrow

Watchgrassgrow has a spectacular aura aboutWatchgrassgrow has a spectacular aura aboutWatchgrassgrow has a spectacular aura aboutWatchgrassgrow has a spectacular aura about
Cut a couple branches off the critical cheese and fast dried it on the wood stove. Wife says it put her ass to sleep. I like the quality. Will be even better in 6 days after fresh water 3x.
Watchgrassgrow is offline Quote

Old 12-16-2018, 01:22 PM #63
Watchgrassgrow

Watchgrassgrow has a spectacular aura aboutWatchgrassgrow has a spectacular aura aboutWatchgrassgrow has a spectacular aura aboutWatchgrassgrow has a spectacular aura about
I'm impatient,

It does the trick.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-16-2018, 01:26 PM #64
DARKSIDER

DARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchgrassgrow View Post
I'm impatient,

View Image

It does the trick.
Nicely done Watchgrassgrow

Connoisseur Genetics.. old school haze X casey jones tester completed
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=351788
DARKSIDER is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-16-2018, 10:33 PM #65
Watchgrassgrow

Generator turned off....

Old 12-20-2018, 08:09 AM #66
palmeezy

palmeezy is on a distinguished road
is it the consensus then that "pH dropping" is the cause of these root failures?

years back, growing DWC from seed, i never had a single incident of the roots dying off like that except when somehow the air line or stone wasn't working.

later on, i took in clones that i thought were holy grain type strains (GG4 included). only then did i ever begin to see this sort of thing.
palmeezy is offline Quote

Old 12-20-2018, 10:56 PM #67
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmeezy View Post
is it the consensus then that "pH dropping" is the cause of these root failures?
It's my opinion the root rot is the cause of the pH drop. Root rot being caused by too high of a nutrient load, usually after physical flower bulking has ceased. Lack of oxygen and biological outbreaks can also cause root rot to skyrocket and pH to plummet.

I'm thinking my nutrient profile has been just a touch shy on calcium, making root rot easier to occur. We'll see.

Old 12-21-2018, 11:04 PM #68
Watchgrassgrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmeezy View Post

years back, growing DWC from seed, i never had a single incident of the roots dying off like that except when somehow the air line or stone wasn't working.

later on, i took in clones that i thought were holy grain type strains (GG4 included). only then did i ever begin to see this sort of thing.
Im pretty inexperienced with DWC, but the only time I rotted roots off it was due to low ph when my meter was giving me false readings.

My poor plants... 2 of the 12 buckets had actual ice in the top forming. Got cold! Was negative 10f outside and it only took a few hours to get to 30 degrees in the room.

Old 12-21-2018, 11:17 PM #69
Watchgrassgrow

Even with cold shock the terps on this top tell me it could be pretty decent in the pipe.

Old 12-21-2018, 11:23 PM #70
Watchgrassgrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
It's my opinion the root rot is the cause of the pH drop. Root rot being caused by too high of a nutrient load, usually after physical flower bulking has ceased. Lack of oxygen and biological outbreaks can also cause root rot to skyrocket and pH to plummet.

I'm thinking my nutrient profile has been just a touch shy on calcium, making root rot easier to occur. We'll see.
I do remember losing a small plant to "biological outbreak" when the algea that was forming on the top of the rockwool seemed to crawl down into the roots. Now I cover my hydrotron and rockwool to prevent it. I think the warmer your water is... the more susceptible the roots would be to infections.