What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lollipopping

St. Phatty

Lollipopping takes time.

I watched that Kyle Cushman video. Would that be called extreme lollipopping ?

I cut the bigger buds off, for vac sealing in a glass jar.

The bottoms have little buds - which are quite smokeable.

This summer when I went swimming in the river, I found out where the homeless people REALLY live in this town.

Will try to give them some of the popcorn buds. No fingerprints though.

Rico Swazi

Stupid indeed!! total disregard of any supporting science

Edit- the next part is an attempt at humor and added sarcasm

But this on the other hand.........
picture.php

Harvest with roots and leaves intact.
Gravity does the work of draining juicy resins from the roots and leaf matter into the flower ('scuse me, into the 'BUD') below. It's the law. :biggrin:

just occurred to me plantscaping might be a better term
since they are removing all the surrounding bush to make their 'bud' appear larger

Last edited:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
There's so much disinformation in this thread, it's sad. Lollipopping is a pride and ignorance driven pile of crap. In side by side tests of overall weight. Only one plant produced more being topped. It was also in a 45 gallon bag by chance to the others in a 35 gallon bags. (7 grams difference)

Rico Swazi, juicy resins aren't formed in the roots. Plants are hung upside down to dry because you're not going to hang a plant by the main cola...are you? NO.

ST.PHATTY, lollipopping takes time??? To what, slow down the growth of your plant even more by stressing it out?
If defoliating your plant was the hot ticket to better growth. Plants would grow less leaf bracts on their own. There's a lot of people on YouTube talking out their back sides! If you take careful notice, you will see they are selling you a product with the technology. Look at every video promoting Kashi Growing. It's an absolute joke! Buy this box of crap from us ...

PT. Barnum made a very true statement.
There's a sucker born every minute!

This industry is so full of people taking advantage of the ignorance of new customers. If you want to know a truth, please just pm. me. I only want you to have the best knowledge for the best cannabis in your environment.
Peace farmerlion
MedDakotabis

Last edited:

Rico Swazi

Did PT Barnum really say that or are you repeating falsehoods?
if you mean sucker for a joke, I just caught one hook line and sinker.

Trying to be funny in an all too serious world my friend. Sorry you misunderstood.
FWIW, The OP got it

Rico Swazi

Back on topic

I always thought lollypoppin was growing from seed to flower

either way, defoliating seems a bit counterproductive

as the leaves die and fall off all by themselves

picture.php

Mr. J

Most people have no idea what they're doing when it comes to pruning or defoliating, which are two different things. Actually most people suck at growing so it would naturally follow that they would have no idea about a lot of things when it comes to growing.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There's so much disinformation in this thread, it's sad. Lollipopping is a pride and ignorance driven pile of crap. In side by side tests of overall weight. Only one plant produced more being topped. It was also in a 45 gallon bag by chance to the others in a 35 gallon bags. (7 grams difference)

Rico Swazi, juicy resins aren't formed in the roots. Plants are hung upside down to dry because you're not going to hang a plant by the main cola...are you? NO.

ST.PHATTY, lollipopping takes time??? To what, slow down the growth of your plant even more by stressing it out?
If defoliating your plant was the hot ticket to better growth. Plants would grow less leaf bracts on their own. There's a lot of people on YouTube talking out their back sides! If you take careful notice, you will see they are selling you a product with the technology. Look at every video promoting Kashi Growing. It's an absolute joke! Buy this box of crap from us ...

PT. Barnum made a very true statement.
There's a sucker born every minute!

This industry is so full of people taking advantage of the ignorance of new customers. If you want to know a truth, please just pm. me. I only want you to have the best knowledge for the best cannabis in your environment.
Peace farmerlion
MedDakotabis

Apparently you MISSED the main event which was pointing lollipooping as being a stupid activity.
If you want to learn just PM me > just foolin around

I remove all of the bud sites/shoots from the lower and inner portions of my plants, but I leave all fan leaves intact.

Any bud site/shoot that will not be exposed to direct sunlight for a portion of the day will be removed. Basically I only want buds forming on the outside portion of my plant where the sun light hits directly, not inside it.

Removing all of the excess bud sites from the inside and lower portions of the plant while leaving all of the fan leaves intact creates a higher ratio of sources & sinks....The plant still has just as many leaves to collect energy but less bud-sites it has to dump that energy into, the available energy is pumped into the tops and prime buds instead of being spread out across the entire plant.

Removing fan leaves/defoliating never made any sense to me though. The only time I remove a fan leaf is if it's blocking sunlight from directly shining on a big bud, and I usually just try to tuck the leaf under somehow before I cut it.

OldSSSCGuy

Harvest with roots and leaves intact.
Gravity does the work of draining juicy resins from the roots and leaf matter into the flower ('scuse me, into the 'BUD') below. It's the law.

Huh? Exactly what 'juicy resins from the roots and leaves' are you talking about?

OldSSSCGuy

Yeah, my bad. I read it and knee jerked without reading the rest of the thread.

And yes - I remember the 'boil the roots' crap, along with Rosenthal's "use cat urine as a source of nitrogen" kinda thing.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This whole thread is basically a joke. I only posted the link in the OP because some guy posted it to me in seriousness telling me I needed tutoring on how to grow by lolipooping.

However, I do hang my whole plant to cure. Gone are the days when we filled a barn though.

St. Phatty

is Lollipopping (the version where you manually strip tiny bud sites and leaves from lower on the branches) more something people do for indoor grows ?

Latest posts

Latest posts