What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dealing with a Sexual Predator in the Industry?

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Fishy, you're on target.

If you're a decent consultant, then there are likely other jobs down the road. If not, there's another line of work or another way to get by.

Whether publicly traded or not, harassment at the work-place is illegal.

I tend to use the word snitching where victimless or consensual crimes are involved. When it involves others being victimized, it's not snitching, it's taking a stand and making it right.

As another person mentioned, or implied, you need to have some corroboration with the women being harassed. If you stand up, and they deny anything happened, then -you're- out on a limb, looking like a nut-case.

If you have a decent work relationship with any of the women being harassed, talk with them, and let them know it bothers you. See where they're at with you drawing attention to the issue. See if they'd speak with someone not associated with the job.

If nothing else, let the fellow know that he's about to screw up a meaningful gig, and he's preparing to toss it all away because he can't keep his hormones or his pecker under control.

Good luck. But it's YOUR face you'll be looking at in the mirror every day for the rest of your life.
Well said Moose.

Gather as much info as you can. Document, document, document. Every little thing you see and hear, right it down and time stamp it. Better yet, record it if possible.

Something else you might encourage is if you show these women being harassed that you support them, it may embolden them to tell the guy off. They might be able to modify his behavior by being confrontational when he does it. And once one woman does, it will hopefully encourage others to do it as well.

And don't ever try to "White Knight" a situation unless it gets out of hand. If it's one thing I've learned over the years, women do not want someone to handle their problems for them. They want support and advice, but ultimately want the action to be theirs.

Of course if the universe were just, someone like my sister would get hired and she'd handle the situation poste haste. Several years ago she had a guy grab her boob at work. So she broke his nose. She got a talking to and he got fired.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Find one of the girls who works there who has herpes and have her fuck him (without a condom). :)

When I owned my company, I had sex with about a third of the female employees. I wouldn't say I am a predator but they sure were prey. :)

This was back in the days before a man was called a predator just for being a sexy man.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Doesn't seem fair that she should have to leave her job.

If the boss is making an occasional pass. Or, having equally consensual sex with employees.... that's one thing. However, if he is in any way shape or form, forcing himself on employees or grabbing and touching them without permission...... he won't last long. That type of thing is at zero tolerance these days and with about 85% of the local judges being women, now, this guy won't stand a chance if a charge is made in court. And, if he is doing anything even close to wrong, someone will (or already has) reported him.

If he is actually breaking the law, there are a zillion agencies that will help you. They will do their own investigation and you (or whomever reports him) can remain 100% anonymous.

https://www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/newsroom/wysk/harassed_at_work.cfm

However, if it is a small company under 15 employees, charges fall into an entirely different category...

Sexual harassment is a form of sex discrimination that violates Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Title VII applies to employers with 15 or more employees, including state and local governments.

CaptainDankness

I'm really at a loss at what to do in my situation. I'm doing a financially lucrative consulting gig that I want to stick around for a while. It's for a farm with several huge medical rooms. Some employees are full time and some are temporary. The owner of the farm is a sexual predator with vulnerable women and all the employees know it.

Nobody will speak up because they don't want to lose their job. If I am the one who says anything, he will just fill the spot with another employee, consultant or lady to harass. Something needs to be done, and snitching is never an option.

Does anyone have any advice for what seems like a lose-lose situation?

Your boss doesn't happen to be Marc Emery does it? That guy is a piece of shit, yet so many people look up to him. He actually threatened to turn over personally information to police on dissatisfied customers who bought seeds. Been accused of going after underage girls many times. Dude even wrote something about liking fucking girls on roofies before. He also ran to the police on Breeder Steve of Spice Of Life Seeds.

Sure he's a weed activist and Cannabis Culture is just behind Hightimes, but fuck that guy and his company. Even if he's not really a sexual predator he is a snitch. He also got a very light sentence considering they could have hit him with a RICO case.... But to some he's a hero, I mean shit, Rezdog is even back. Lol

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
:biggrin: yeah, what the Captain said, I was a forum member when it all went down, that's exactly where he earned the name 'Narc Emery'.:tiphat:

...... but with this predator I'd like to see everyone be able to keep there jobs.

This situation calls for an anonymous letter (snail mail) sent from 'a friend' advising that he'd better watch his step 'cause a former employee put in a complaint and the authorities are watching closely building a case.

....... then sit back and see how fast his behavior improves.:joint:

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Threats are against the law, seldom work, and often backfire. Just report him for real. I posted a link to where and how to report him.

You always have an option of filing a charge of discrimination with the EEOC to complain about the harassment. There are specific time limits for filing a charge (180 or 300 days, depending on where you work), so contact EEOC promptly. See EEOC's How to File a Charge of Employment Discrimination. You can also meet with EEOC to discuss your situation and your options. This conversation is confidential. Note: federal employees and job applicants have a different complaint process and different time limits.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
If it it turns out to NOT be true, the person writing the letter (or anyone involved) could be liable.

Since it came up..... if the person complaining turns out to simply be a whiner or has an agenda and it is determined that the alleged predator is not at all gulty, anyone making claims, spreading rumors or in any way shape or form presenting to the general public, or (heaven forbid) any lies were told about the alleged predator..... there could be very heavy repercussions.

This is why this country has web sites and organizations to properly process complaints like this WITHOUT damaging the life of a person who is accused and not guilty. Going through any other process might very well violate the civil rights of the accused.

I have seen so many things like this backfire, only to find out some bitch who was rightly passed over for a promotion (e.g.) and just wanted to get even. Wow! Don't ever get caught doing that. Judges hate that. LOL

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Everyone's got a phone, get a voice recorder app, leave it running. Gather a collection. Edit them down.
Now you have what's called leverage. Easy street for you.

I dropped outta law school, so don't quote me on this. But I'm pretty sure it's against Michigan state laws to record a conversation without all parties knowing about it and agreeing to it. At least it won't hold up as evidence in court 'cause it's not lawfully obtained. And editing em to like a greatest hits compilation of my boss harassing me will most def not fly. If you mean trying to get the guy off ya back by trying to bluff him with shit like that, maybe.. Better hope the dude ain't lawyered up.:comfort:

M

moose eater

One party-consent recording laws vary state to state, but if conducted over a phone line,(not a phone recording device, but a live line), then it potentially enters into Federal law, as telephone communications cross state and federal borders, thus becoming Federal interstate commerce in their umbrella of authority.

Not sure of the current status, but once upon a time, the Feds frowned on one-party consent recordings.. unless, of course, -they're- the ones doing it. ;^>)

Greenthumber

Sexual predator these days could mean anything, took a piss in public? Rape, maybe a shitty relationship where she was 3 years off at the age limit etc. if everyone already knows they’ve made their decision to stick around and accept it. Just have to make that decision for yourself

prune

Veteran
Yes, greenbummer we all miss those great and hallowed days when real men could beat their wives and fuck their daughters, but don't worry too much - the prez is working day and night to satisfy your whims...

Yes, greenbummer we all miss those great and hallowed days when real men could beat their wives and fuck their daughters, but don't worry too much - the prez is working day and night to satisfy your whims...

Isn't there a better place for your political drivel? Take it THERE. Thank you!