What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dealing with a Sexual Predator in the Industry?

BillFarthing

Veteran
I'm really at a loss at what to do in my situation. I'm doing a financially lucrative consulting gig that I want to stick around for a while. It's for a farm with several huge medical rooms. Some employees are full time and some are temporary. The owner of the farm is a sexual predator with vulnerable women and all the employees know it.

Nobody will speak up because they don't want to lose their job. If I am the one who says anything, he will just fill the spot with another employee, consultant or lady to harass. Something needs to be done, and snitching is never an option.

Does anyone have any advice for what seems like a lose-lose situation?

Last edited:

buzzmobile

Veteran
Nobody will speak up because they don't want to lose their job. If I am the one who says anything, he will just fill the spot with another employee, consultant or lady to harass. Something needs to be done, and snitching is never an option.

Does anyone have any advice for what seems like a lose-lose situation?
It is not snitching to speak up. Are you afraid of losing your job?

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
OK so the employees ,"know it".
If that's the case what do you want to do?
I guess you could convince them to leave?

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I should have asked what do you mean by sexual predator ? Does he hit on woman,or is he a rapist?
In these days of metoo many people,probably have many definitions

BillFarthing

Veteran
I should have asked what do you mean by sexual predator ? Does he hit on woman,or is he a rapist?
In these days of metoo many people,probably have many definitions

I have seen overt verbal harassment, heard rumors about touching, nothing about rape. It's using a position of power or financial leverage to pursue these women that bothers me.

nab the guy and take him to a nice quiet spot and let a bunch of chicks beat the snot out of him. Good idea to wear face and tatoo coverings while taking care of business.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well if they are adults,and know what the deal is,then they have made their choice.
Or if they are on the books they can resign,and file for unemployment,seek another job.
I mean you could probably check into any motel 6 across the country,and see minors that are victims of worse.

T

Teddybrae

We are different people, you and me.

It would be my impulse to call him out as a predator. Name the Demon.

But that will not stop his behaviour. Even if his Staff leave en masse (strike) he will employ others.

The irony that I see is that the Perp is acting toward his victims out of a sense of insecurity. (He is like the Epstein fellow who acts out against very young women ... seemingly the weakest of women.) When your Perp acts-out his power he is motivated by Powerlessness! AND when you write about the issue here, you too are motivated by Powerlessness!

I think there is nothing that you can do about this situation. It is a subjective circumstance which you must become used to. It is all around!

Power in relationship is timeless. Women use their power over men. Men use their power over women.

I think a relevant question is: What is making you sensitive to the power/powerlessness of Others?

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
nab the guy and take him to a nice quiet spot and let a bunch of chicks beat the snot out of him. Good idea to wear face and tatoo coverings while taking care of business.

Nah,somethings have to be done alone,never ever leave a witness.Not condoning violence of course,just saying I wouldnt even tell my wife if I ever did something.
At least she would pass a polygraph,and not be implcated.Thats true love. :ying:

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Only one way a sexual predator gets what's deserved, pay some gang bangers to cut off his cock with bolt cutters, but you can't cut the whole thing off because if you don't tie it up he will bleed out. Then go to work the next day like nothing happened.

Nope,like I said something's have to be done alone.
Leaving even one witness,leaves the possibility of testimony.My friend just got 60 years for taking care of business.He was totally legit in a legal state,and got taken for 30 units and 10k in cash.One of the guys that helped him out with the disposal(scarface showerscene).
Turned states evidence.SIXTY YEARS....
Alone or live with it,and walk away.

RB56

Veteran
Nothing you can do but quit. It's called integrity. Where you gonna draw the line? Second, it's up to the women to deal with the harassment - plenty of ways to do that these days. A good percentage of women will resent having a man step in to "protect them" from a creep. Guarantee the guy already knows he's a slug. It's not like things will change if you have a chat. The "you keep working there and perv knocks it off" scenario isn't going to happen.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
We dealt with allegations like that. But it took other employees and owners to cooperate. They hired a third party investigator who interviewed everyone in the company. I believe he stepped down as CFO after that. His thing was sexual favors for promotions. Your guy just sounds like he's doing it to do it. Get other people on the board to talk to you and convince them to take action.

RB56

Veteran
Lots of options if this is a publicly traded company. If it is, you can get him out - maybe should get him out, depending on your role. Then you COULD still work there, but not him. Is this a case of you and a bunch of other employees noticing or being directly impacted by this behavior and discussing it and wanting to make changes or is this you seeing things, not liking them and considering taking action on your own?

kaochiu

Veteran
Add bromide in his drink. Catholic monks used it with newcomers, helping them to avoid temptation of evil willie self touching. Dunno the doses, sorry... a lot, maybe.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Everyone's got a phone, get a voice recorder app, leave it running. Gather a collection. Edit them down.
Now you have what's called leverage. Easy street for you.

M

moose eater

Fishy, you're on target.

If you're a decent consultant, then there are likely other jobs down the road. If not, there's another line of work or another way to get by.

Whether publicly traded or not, harassment at the work-place is illegal.

I tend to use the word snitching where victimless or consensual crimes are involved. When it involves others being victimized, it's not snitching, it's taking a stand and making it right.

As another person mentioned, or implied, you need to have some corroboration with the women being harassed. If you stand up, and they deny anything happened, then -you're- out on a limb, looking like a nut-case.

If you have a decent work relationship with any of the women being harassed, talk with them, and let them know it bothers you. See where they're at with you drawing attention to the issue. See if they'd speak with someone not associated with the job.

If nothing else, let the fellow know that he's about to screw up a meaningful gig, and he's preparing to toss it all away because he can't keep his hormones or his pecker under control.

Good luck. But it's YOUR face you'll be looking at in the mirror every day for the rest of your life.

Latest posts

Latest posts