What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*MicroPod*

GT/Honduras

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This girl will be the majority of my harvest. She has a more sour orange/chemical smell but also again with that lovely woody incense background. Looks to be a couple of weeks behind her half sister for harvest time.

SolarLogos

Your Tikal/Honduran looks really nice. It looks Honduran influenced, but I haven't grown Tikal yet, so I don't know what the flowers look like, but you would know better since you grew them and crossed them. Also, the GT/Honduran looks really nice, with some influence from GT/malawi in the smells along with classic Honduran/sativa smells. I don't know if you like an earlier pick or later, but maybe harvest at various stages? What is your preference? They look like one to two weeks out. I don't recall you mentioning flush or if it matters with all the organic nutrients in the soil. Really impressive job my friend. Your Honduran crosses came out much nicer than mine. I cannot wait to see how yours smokes.
Again, very, very nice job.
Peace, God bless

Your Tikal/Honduran looks really nice. It looks Honduran influenced, but I haven't grown Tikal yet, so I don't know what the flowers look like, but you would know better since you grew them and crossed them. Also, the GT/Honduran looks really nice, with some influence from GT/malawi in the smells along with classic Honduran/sativa smells. I don't know if you like an earlier pick or later, but maybe harvest at various stages? What is your preference? They look like one to two weeks out. I don't recall you mentioning flush or if it matters with all the organic nutrients in the soil. Really impressive job my friend. Your Honduran crosses came out much nicer than mine. I cannot wait to see how yours smokes.
Again, very, very nice job.
Peace, God bless

Hello friend,

Thank you very much for the nice words. It means a lot.:huggg: Usually I like to harvest on the early side but I find with wilder, longer flowering plants, I like to wait until they don’t push out any more flushes of calyxs and 90%+ red hairs. I used to monitor trichomes but now I prefer to just use my senses and intuition. The Tikal/H is pretty close now at almost 11 weeks but the GT/H I can see going to 13 weeks as she’s still pushing out new growth.

I don’t intend to flush at all as I’m only using solid organics. In the past when I use liquid ferts or fish emulsion I always stop about a month before harvest.

One thing I must say to you - I think you would love Tikal! The best individual I grew (the mother of this girl) was a very nice refined sativa. Positive and slightly dreamy high but that aroma! So delicious! I have my eye on that Panama/Tikal in the ace store. I have a feeling it will be a winning combination being two worked and refined sativas. :whee:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Lovely outcome Pandy friend :)

Your Tikal/Honduras female has plenty of old school pure central american sativa traits.
The flowering structure leans towards the Honduras side of the hybrid, with the numerous brownish pistils of Honduras mexican pheno.

Glad the Tikal's peachy terpene profile is dominant in the cross ;)
Looks like she will provide delighful uplifting moments!

Lovely outcome Pandy friend :)

Your Tikal/Honduras female has plenty of old school pure central american sativa traits.
The flowering structure leans towards the Honduras side of the hybrid, with the numerous brownish pistils of Honduras mexican pheno.

Glad the Tikal's peachy terpene profile is dominant in the cross ;)
Looks like she will provide delighful uplifting moments!

Hola dubi! I love to hear your thoughts about these plants. Thank you for sharing your wealth of knowledge.

I just tried a small early picked sample of the Tikal/Honduras and my initial thoughts are - Zap! I forgot how energetic Honduras is but this stuff seems to have that same speedy vibe. Also, euphoria. I wish I had 10oz of this stuff. Glad I have lots of seeds.

I also noticed that when I broke up the bud which has dried over the last 4 or so days, it has a floral incense quality as well as the sweet peachy thing. I’m thinking I should take this plant in the next few days.

OZZ_

Veteran
Man, this is exactly what I needed to see. I too am stuck growing in a micro cab for the first time. I’ve slways had room to run a 3x3 or 4x4 tent with a 600 and separate mother and veg tents to boot. Now I’m in a metropolitan condo so I built a micro cab out of an armoire.

I have a TON of ACE genetics to get through so I can make seeds to throw them back in cold storage for another 5-10 years. I’ve got golden tiger, OTH, Malawi, Tikal, PCK, Nepal’s Jam, benghi haze, and Zamaldelica. All of those were ordered about 5-6 years ago and have been in storage. Also I just ordered the Panama Breeders pack and a 10 pack of regular Panama to get a nice make or two.... along with another 5 pack of Malawi fems since they are now more refined and a bit changed from the standard Malawi seeds purchased 5 years ago.

Seeing your grow here gives me great hope! I’m currently running a test grow in the cab BEFORE breaking out my ACE genetics. I always run a freebie fem first in a new environment to make sure all goes well before breaking into my good genes. I

What strain should I break into first? I want a pure Sativa, I’m leaning towards Malawi... but I do have golden tiger and Zamaldelica high on the list. I hear Malawi is a bit hardier, not as nite sensitive and a bit more manageable both in flowering times and height wise so I think that’s where I’m going to go first.

I’d love it if you’d stop by my thread and take a look at my armoire design. I’m pretty proud of it. Once this test geo is over (it’s a Chocolate Mint OG freebie from HSO) I’ll make a new post here in the ACE forums to document my progress.

This has been inspiring and I’m ready to tackle sativas in my small space!

Subbed!

Here’s my thread:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=365060

Man, this is exactly what I needed to see. I too am stuck growing in a micro cab for the first time. I’ve slways had room to run a 3x3 or 4x4 tent with a 600 and separate mother and veg tents to boot. Now I’m in a metropolitan condo so I built a micro cab out of an armoire.

I have a TON of ACE genetics to get through so I can make seeds to throw them back in cold storage for another 5-10 years. I’ve got golden tiger, OTH, Malawi, Tikal, PCK, Nepal’s Jam, benghi haze, and Zamaldelica. All of those were ordered about 5-6 years ago and have been in storage. Also I just ordered the Panama Breeders pack and a 10 pack of regular Panama to get a nice make or two.... along with another 5 pack of Malawi fems since they are now more refined and a bit changed from the standard Malawi seeds purchased 5 years ago.

Seeing your grow here gives me great hope! I’m currently running a test grow in the cab BEFORE breaking out my ACE genetics. I always run a freebie fem first in a new environment to make sure all goes well before breaking into my good genes. I

What strain should I break into first? I want a pure Sativa, I’m leaning towards Malawi... but I do have golden tiger and Zamaldelica high on the list. I hear Malawi is a bit hardier, not as nite sensitive and a bit more manageable both in flowering times and height wise so I think that’s where I’m going to go first.

I’d love it if you’d stop by my thread and take a look at my armoire design. I’m pretty proud of it. Once this test geo is over (it’s a Chocolate Mint OG freebie from HSO) I’ll make a new post here in the ACE forums to document my progress.

This has been inspiring and I’m ready to tackle sativas in my small space!

Subbed!

Here’s my thread:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=365060

Hey OZZ_ :wave:

Wow you have made the nicest cabinet ever. If I ever make another cabinet, it will be based on yours. I’m using noctua fans too! Seemed like the best compromise on power vs air movement vs noise level.

Malawi will be a great choice, however, consider this - I grew a couple of Malawi regs, got a carrot/tangerine pheno and a purple pheno. The carrot/tangerine in particular was more nute sensitive than any of the GT or Zams I have grown. The purple pheno was more nute resilient but not as potent.

I would recommend GT in a heart beat. I found it to be such a forgiving, high yielding, high potency plant. It’s a trip though man, buckle your seatbelt. Zam is great too and mine grew pretty compact.

I really want to try growing some Ethiopian seeds I’ve had for ages but I feel that my space is just a little too small to get much yield. I think your space is just right size wise. Again, great job on the build man. Very impressive.

OZZ_

Veteran
Hey OZZ_ :wave:

Wow you have made the nicest cabinet ever. If I ever make another cabinet, it will be based on yours. I’m using noctua fans too! Seemed like the best compromise on power vs air movement vs noise level.

Malawi will be a great choice, however, consider this - I grew a couple of Malawi regs, got a carrot/tangerine pheno and a purple pheno. The carrot/tangerine in particular was more nute sensitive than any of the GT or Zams I have grown. The purple pheno was more nute resilient but not as potent.

I would recommend GT in a heart beat. I found it to be such a forgiving, high yielding, high potency plant. It’s a trip though man, buckle your seatbelt. Zam is great too and mine grew pretty compact.

I really want to try growing some Ethiopian seeds I’ve had for ages but I feel that my space is just a little too small to get much yield. I think your space is just right size wise. Again, great job on the build man. Very impressive.

Thanks Pandy,

I know we have been communicating over in my thread but I wanted to give you props here on a job well done. I’ll sort out my lighting issues soon enough. Your girls looks great and the descriptions of the phenos sounds awesome. Bravo once again. What’s your scrubber consist of? I didn’t see one in the pics?

Thanks Pandy,

I know we have been communicating over in my thread but I wanted to give you props here on a job well done. I’ll sort out my lighting issues soon enough. Your girls looks great and the descriptions of the phenos sounds awesome. Bravo once again. What’s your scrubber consist of? I didn’t see one in the pics?

Thanks so much OZZ_

My scrubber is just a little Tupperware container with holes drilled on the top and bottom and tights filled with carbon inside. It’s so insubstantial that I really thought it would just be a V1 but it actually works great. Or, at least for lower odour plants like these. I’ll get a picture of it up here soon.

kamyo

Veteran
OZZ & Pandy both, just such clean cabs. I'm lazy and buying a tent is much easier than building a cab, but it really is an art.

One of these days I'll get around to building something like those.

So I have now harvested these plants. The Tikal/Honduras came down at 12 weeks and the GT/Honduras at 13. I’m trying very hard to not touch them until they have at least a month cure but now and then my curiosity has got the better of me, and I must say that they both have very enjoyable, quite different effects.

Here are some pics shortly after harvest -

GT/H
picture.php

picture.php

Tikal/H
picture.php

My total haul was 38 grams which is easily the smallest harvest I’ve ever had. I wish I had a lot more of this stuff but oh well, still almost 0.8g/w. It’s a starting point anyway.

Right now I’m taking a bit of time to get rid of the flipping fungus gnat problem and I should be growing again in a few weeks.

I want to have a strategy for bigger yields, more buds, less stalk etc. I’m thinking about trying to grow more single cola plants and bend them over, as SolarLogos suggested. If I get 4-5 plants in there and prune them to just one growth site as flowering starts, maybe they will put more energy into buds? I suppose that would work best with the right strain. Any thoughts are appreciated.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats on the harvest PandyFackler :)

Honestly, i had my doubts at the beginning with your plan of growing pure sativas in such small space, but i'm glad i was wrong :D
Your sativa flowers look very appealing for a sativa lover like me and i'm sure that they will provide you with great moments for the end of summer time.

Regarding ways to improve the yield in future grows in your small setup.
The best bet would be to grow clones from proven high yielding genetics of your taste, but knowing that you don't grow from clones and that you like the diversity of growing new seeds, to do a SCROG will be the best way to improve a bit more the yield with sativas and sativa dom hybrids, or as SolatLogos correctly suggested, fill up the space with single cola indicas with a SOG grow.

Looking forward for your next grow! ;)

Congrats on the harvest PandyFackler :)

Honestly, i had my doubts at the beginning with your plan of growing pure sativas in such small space, but i'm glad i was wrong :D
Your sativa flowers look very appealing for a sativa lover like me and i'm sure that they will provide you with great moments for the end of summer time.

Regarding ways to improve the yield in future grows in your small setup.
The best bet would be to grow clones from proven high yielding genetics of your taste, but knowing that you don't grow from clones and that you like the diversity of growing new seeds, to do a SCROG will be the best way to improve a bit more the yield with sativas and sativa dom hybrids, or as SolatLogos correctly suggested, fill up the space with single cola indicas with a SOG grow.

Looking forward for your next grow! ;)

Hi dubi!

I’m glad that you like the look of my buds. After about a month in the jar, they are just starting to reveal their true scents and effects and I’m very happy to say the least. The Tikal hybrid terps are quite magical. They have a sort of peach marshmallow background with a big woody incense at the forefront.

The high of the GT hybrid is amazing. A more aggressive version of the Honduras high would be a good starting point for a description. I’ll give them both a proper report in a couple of months. The hard part will be having any left by then haha. Good thing I’m a micro doser. :biggrin:

I do believe that these flowers would have reached a further quality potential if they were grown bigger and didn’t have so many deficiencies in the second half of flowering.

And thank you for your suggestion for a scrog. I used to have a 400w HPS scrog setup in about 5sqft and plenty of headroom and it worked very well. I look forward to trying a micro scrog for my next round with your amazing looking BangiCongoXPanama I just scored in your fantastic 2 X 1 sale! :dance013:

It’s the last day of the sale everyone! Snap them up before it’s too late!

Nice work Pandy! Looking forward to the smoke reports :dance013:

Hi Ozz_

Sorry for the late reply. After a few months of curing I can say that this bud has turned out quite nicely. Shame I’ve already gotten through most of it :smoke:

I’ll keep it fairly brief -

They both have lovely highs that are quite Honduras dominant, but each with their own character from their mums.

The GT/H is really uplifting, energetic, clear and has quite an edge to it when toking a large amount. Definitely a bit of the aggressiveness of the GT sneaking in but it never gets too scary. It’s my go to weed right now when I need to get shit done. Let’s me focus quite nicely. The smell is floral/incense/fruit (not sure which fruit?) and a little touch of organic/rotten like the GT. None of the rubber that I found in one of the female Honduras I grew.

The Tikal/H has a very beautiful high, again with many aspects of Honduras but a bit more of a euphoria and warmth. The smell is fantastic. It has the floral incense like it’s sister but with the peachy marshmallow goodness of Tikal.

I can say that I don’t think this run was the best and these seeds might have a bit more potential than I’m getting them to show. Having said that, it’s really great stuff and a joy to have experienced. I’ll give them another go sooner or later.

Last edited:
So onto the next chapter....

This grow has been delayed somewhat while I have been fighting pests. I’ve had mite issues. Not 100% what kind of mites they were actually. My young plants were exhibiting twisted slow growth and sudden deficiencies so I thought they might be broad or russet mites, but I could see them without magnification. Its a bit of a mystery. Oh well, it’s all moot now anyway.

After I stopped hyperventilating into a paper bag I managed to kill them with a routine of several treatments. First I removed the biggest leaves which were covered with mites. I sprayed them with double to triple strength Flying skull nuke em every evening and rubbed diatomaceous earth on the leaves every morning for about a week. I ceased treatment when the mites seemed long gone, waited another week or so and then put some Californicus mites in there. I like those guys. They’re so fast and helpful.

So that’s how that went down. Anyway, onto the show.

I scored some 2 for 1 Bangi Congo x Panama and dubi generously furnished me with some Oaxacan x Panama. Mexican strains have been on my to do list for a while, having toked some great ones in the past and after seeing Koonsdenses amazing grow I couldn’t resist anymore. I also figured that these strains might be suited to my tiny cabinet.

Day 0 - Looking pretty crispy from all that spraying I had to do

picture.php

Day 7

picture.php

Day 13

picture.php

Day 18

picture.php

picture.php

It has to be said that the OaxPan is much more vigorous than the BangCoPan. OaxPan account for about 2/3 of these tops. The stem rubs of both plants are smelling great.

I would love to hear more info about Bangi Congo.

Last edited:
I feel that there is room for improvement in my training. I had to prune some branches more than I would have liked because of the delay and this has caused a somewhat uneven canopy. Some branches have more numerous, smaller tops than others. Next grow I will try to keep it more even. I am fairly happy with how the screen has filled out though.

deepwaterdude

Excellent recovery, my man. I'm very interested in the Oaxaca x Panama, so I'll be keeping a close eye. The only thing I might not do is keep 2 strains in same pot, incase one's very sensitive and the other very hungry, but man, do they look good!

Edit: just wanted to say that I had my first mites ever this week, also. I did the same as you; pulled affected leaves, drenched a couple of times, now just a lot of time on my back under the plant and maintenance drenches once a week at lower concentration. I've also let temps dip more into the high 50s, as cold seems to slow them down.