What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ErdPurt

goingrey

e.jpg

12c temps. Slow growth but visually normal looking.

Didn't know you were growing Erdpurt at the moment @weedsmoker420 :) They are looking very good in early flowering, very healthy plants of dark foliage. Just lower the nitrogen levels a bit, as they are showing some leaf curling. Please keep us updated during flowering!
Thanks @dubi ! The soil they're in is quite rich, I actually haven't given any additional fertilizer since transplanting.

I'm very happy with this strain so far, and will definitely post updates as they mature! :)

goingrey

Once i repotted mine into larger containers, they took off. Higher temps help too.
Higher temps wouldn't help me find something that does well in the cold, which was the whole point. Also container size... well I suppose a taller one would be bigger and still fit, but I'll stick with this one.

e.jpg

Vallen

Growing anything in the cold is going to be tough. In hot weather, it's a question of what grows the fastest. In cold weather, it's what will grow at all.

goingrey

Growing anything in the cold is going to be tough. In hot weather, it's a question of what grows the fastest. In cold weather, it's what will grow at all.
Well, it is growing "at all" hehe. But maybe something would be even more cold-resistant. If I do the same experiment again next winter I will probably test something else, but might try Erdpurt again as well.

Vallen

Growing indoors. Is there an optimal time when you should switch to flowering on these? Or just whenever you like the size of the plant?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi @Vallen Let your ErdPurt grow until it reaches the size you desire, as the early flowering stretching period is quite short for this strain (minimal for the green expressions, taller for the purple). Heavily inbred indicas like ErdPurt also need to reach a decent size to yield properly.

Vallen

Hi @Vallen Let your ErdPurt grow until it reaches the size you desire, as the early flowering stretching period is quite short for this strain (minimal for the green expressions, taller for the purple). Heavily inbred indicas like ErdPurt also need to reach a decent size to yield properly.
Ok. That's was what i was thinking. I think of the 7 plants i have, that i have at least 2 phenos. A few plants have started to pre-flower at the main stalk. Only one of the plants, a male, has the purplish stems, the other male does not. At least one of the unsexed plants has that mushroom smell when i rub the stem. Neither of the 2 females has the purple traits, but can't remember the smell of them. Think they were more fruity smelling. The purple plant does have longer internodal spacing. Thought that might be due to being in the corner of the room.

The reason i went with mainly photos, over autos, is to let them veg longer. I was reading on some of the Ace Seeds strains to veg them for like 15 days, then flip them to flower. Wasn't exactly sure why to do that? Only reason i ever knew was to do a SOG grow.

Ok. That's was what i was thinking. I think of the 7 plants i have, that i have at least 2 phenos. A few plants have started to pre-flower at the main stalk. Only one of the plants, a male, has the purplish stems, the other male does not. At least one of the unsexed plants has that mushroom smell when i rub the stem. Neither of the 2 females has the purple traits, but can't remember the smell of them. Think they were more fruity smelling. The purple plant does have longer internodal spacing. Thought that might be due to being in the corner of the room.

The reason i went with mainly photos, over autos, is to let them veg longer. I was reading on some of the Ace Seeds strains to veg them for like 15 days, then flip them to flower. Wasn't exactly sure why to do that? Only reason i ever knew was to do a SOG grow.
Fwiw, two of mine (post #484) had significant stretch after switching to 12/12, one with long internodes and one with fairly short internodes that just put on a lot of growth. I had to top both to keep them from hitting the lights. The third plant stayed relatively compact and bushy.

They were all pretty slow in veg and were similar heights before switching to flower (about 14-16"). I think I vegged for about 7-8 weeks.

Vallen

Fwiw, two of mine (post #484) had significant stretch after switching to 12/12, one with long internodes and one with fairly short internodes that just put on a lot of growth. I had to top both to keep them from hitting the lights. The third plant stayed relatively compact and bushy.

They were all pretty slow in veg and were similar heights before switching to flower (about 14-16"). I think I vegged for about 7-8 weeks.
I am not too worried about height. I have about 7 ft to play with. Room is 9ft high. Plants are still only a foot tall. I will keep that in mind. Did you have any plants with the pink pistils?

I am not too worried about height. I have about 7 ft to play with. Room is 9ft high. Plants are still only a foot tall. I will keep that in mind. Did you have any plants with the pink pistils?
Nah mine are all white pistils, and not much purpling so far but it's still early. I had a few males with more color in the stalk/stems, but they were culled unfortunately...

Mimpi Manis

Dubi, Does the Ace version of Erdpurt carry any of those strong fruity (strawb?) terps? GHS use a fruity version to make some of their crosses. Their strains White Strawberry Skunk and Arjans Strawberry Haze both carry those terps. Very strong and delicious aromas that carry thru in the vape and fill the jar. They carried through to some crosses I made as well. Does yours have it... and/or does it turn up in your version? This season I have a few WSS crossed to your (reg) Panama. Be interesting to see if any of the terps carry through with those?