Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Medicinal Cannabis Forum > Root Ball Medicine for Pain, Inflammation and More?

Thread Title Search
Root Ball Medicine for Pain, Inflammation and More? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-19-2019, 04:34 PM #41
thailer

thailer is a name known to allthailer is a name known to allthailer is a name known to allthailer is a name known to allthailer is a name known to allthailer is a name known to allthailer is a name known to allthailer is a name known to allthailer is a name known to allthailer is a name known to allthailer is a name known to all
have you or anyone considered using comfrey in your salves? i have a friend who fell through a delapidated building floor and the beam hit him right in the nut sack causing deep bruising and inflammation. he used a comfrey poultice daily and healed twice as fast as the doctor said it would take. it gave me the idea to add some to the oil since comfrey is called knitbone because of its healing properties. i don't really have any way to test it because i only have one patient who has arthritis and she just keeps saying "oh it's so good" so i don't know how good my feedback is. lol

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-19-2019, 09:55 PM #42
CannaRed
Cannabinerd

CannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant future
D.c., have you noticed any build up of tolerance to your root cream?
CannaRed is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-20-2019, 03:58 PM #43
Douglas.Curtis
Autistic Diplomat in Training

Douglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond repute
How well do arnica and calendula oils penetrate? The frankincense does help healing, but it's amazing as a carrier and helps the olive oil penetrate so quickly it's ridiculous.

I believe I tried comfrey and it was too thick? Then again, I do not remember if I was using frankincense back then to speed absorption. I'll have to revisit it. Thanks

Tolerance? Not yet anyway. I do see a reduced need to use it after a while. It took about a week of daily applications (sometimes twice a day) for the pain to subside in my hip. Now I'm using the oil every 2-3 days when it begins to flare up again.

Why? Have you noticed any tolerance build up?
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

Old 03-20-2019, 11:53 PM #44
CannaRed
Cannabinerd

CannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
How well do arnica and calendula oils penetrate? The frankincense does help healing, but it's amazing as a carrier and helps the olive oil penetrate so quickly it's ridiculous.

I believe I tried comfrey and it was too thick? Then again, I do not remember if I was using frankincense back then to speed absorption. I'll have to revisit it. Thanks

Tolerance? Not yet anyway. I do see a reduced need to use it after a while. It took about a week of daily applications (sometimes twice a day) for the pain to subside in my hip. Now I'm using the oil every 2-3 days when it begins to flare up again.

Why? Have you noticed any tolerance build up?
No sir, just curious. Thinking of making some for elderly patients with arthritis, and a man with gout.
Just wondering if we build tolerance to topicals, even without THC or CBD.
CannaRed is online now Quote

Old 03-21-2019, 03:24 AM #45
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond repute
I'll be interested to see the long term results as well. So far, people are really appreciating getting the use of their hands/shoulders/hips and whatnot back without pain.

We'll know more in a month.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-21-2019, 04:43 AM #46
aridbud
automeister

aridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannaRed View Post
No sir, just curious. Thinking of making some for elderly patients with arthritis, and a man with gout.
Just wondering if we build tolerance to topicals, even without THC or CBD.
No build up tolerance that I'm aware. Have used it for years and have elderly clients that faithfully use it. Arnica can cause a burning sensation....easy does it.

I use arnica massage oil (Sunflower Seed Oil, Arnica Oil, Olive Oil, Lavender Oil) and will incorporate comfrey next batch. Growing arnica, calendula and other medicinal herbs.
John Harrigan
Instant gratification takes too long.
Carrie Fisher - RIP.
afterthought autos
We are passionate breeders growing organically in the USA and offer 27 autoflowering strains, 9 photoperiods in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality cannabis autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 13 years, and running strong!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

Old 03-22-2019, 12:29 AM #47
Douglas.Curtis

Right on

Old 04-30-2019, 05:36 PM #48
ReikoX
Knight of the BlackSvn

ReikoX has a brilliant futureReikoX has a brilliant futureReikoX has a brilliant futureReikoX has a brilliant futureReikoX has a brilliant futureReikoX has a brilliant futureReikoX has a brilliant futureReikoX has a brilliant futureReikoX has a brilliant futureReikoX has a brilliant futureReikoX has a brilliant future
Made another batch of this based off of "Holy Anointing Oil".

10 fl oz. rootball infused coconut oil
64 g beeswax
1 fl oz. green dragon tincture
0.5 g CBD Isolate
1.0 ml cinnamon bark oil
1.0 ml cinnamon leaf oil
0.5 ml myrrh oil

ReikoX is offline Quote

Old 05-04-2019, 11:50 PM #49
CannaRed
Cannabinerd

Does it matter if the roots are old and dry? I had a pile of un washed dried up roots. Some maybe a year old. Found it the other day.
Still a few small bits of peat and perlite stuck between some roots, so it needs to be washed.

Does this change anything?

Now that the roots are dry, when I wash off the debris, will I wash off the medicine?

Maybe I need to collect the wash water, and filter and evaporate?
Then add back the concentrate to the roots / oil mix.

Been wanting to try this, but to be honest, I'm really a lazy bastard.

Old 05-05-2019, 03:52 AM #50
Douglas.Curtis

Rinse and process. All the extractions I've seen so far are oil or alcohol based, so I'm pretty sure the compounds you want (if they're still there) will be fine with washing.

2 members found this post helpful.