Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Medicinal Cannabis Forum > Growing high CBD strains.

Thread Title Search
Growing high CBD strains. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-03-2019, 04:45 PM #31
Douglas.Curtis
Autistic Diplomat in Training

Douglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond repute
Gorgeous

I missed the last post you put up in here, thanks for bringing it up. Going to bring it up in the CBD thread now, since I suddenly have a lot of questions. lol
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-03-2019, 11:44 PM #32
FrozenFire

FrozenFire has much to be proud ofFrozenFire has much to be proud ofFrozenFire has much to be proud ofFrozenFire has much to be proud ofFrozenFire has much to be proud ofFrozenFire has much to be proud ofFrozenFire has much to be proud ofFrozenFire has much to be proud ofFrozenFire has much to be proud ofFrozenFire has much to be proud ofFrozenFire has much to be proud of
Now that's a cola! Well done sir. I just purchased some high alpine genetics mandarin pie seeds. Supposed to be a 40:1 line under .3% thc. I'll have mine lab tested for verification. If it's legit I'll post lab test results here. Fyi the seeds were found on Neptune, but you can also buy direct from the breeder as well.

The neverending insanity of frozenfire: currently page 48 forward for undercurrent and aeroponics.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....344873&page=48

Copper chem grow zone: my pollen chucking and breeders notes.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352428
FrozenFire is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-04-2019, 01:00 AM #33
Breadwizard

Breadwizard is just really niceBreadwizard is just really niceBreadwizard is just really niceBreadwizard is just really niceBreadwizard is just really niceBreadwizard is just really niceBreadwizard is just really niceBreadwizard is just really niceBreadwizard is just really niceBreadwizard is just really niceBreadwizard is just really nice
I've got a high cbd clone going from Dark Heart Nursery called "guava jelly cbd" which is supposed to be a worked Afghan landrace bred in Kauai with a CBD:THC ratio of 2:1. It's still in early flowering, but the smell in veg just reeks of guava if you brush up against it in the grow room, hoping it translates to flower.
Breadwizard is online now Quote

Old 04-04-2019, 07:02 AM #34
dank.frank
ef.yu.se.ka.e.em

dank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivor
2:1 THC:CBD, as I understand it, is the ideal. They have synergistic properties and CBD is not nearly as efficient without THC present. Again, my understanding of "most beneficial intake".

In my own mind, finding a great CBD dominant male is an excellent pursuit so I can infuse all my favorites with it. It creates a different criteria for selection. In all fairness, Med Tree Seeds, worked MORE TOWARDS that 2:1 type plant. The .3% THC content was only a consideration after laws were put in place. Even now, I don't think it would be fair to consider them a company which is focused on low THC content. I think what they produce is more accurately viewed as adaptive, legitimate, MEDICAL cannabis. That means a prominent presence of both THC and CBD.

I don't want my own pursuit of a < .3% THC to confuse or cloud others opinion. I chose Med Tree because I trust the breeder, not because it was necessarily the easiest path.

dank.Frank
ambiguous for the sake of the
ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR

Organic Soil ---> click here Current Grow --> click here
dank.frank is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-04-2019, 11:19 PM #35
Akss

Akss is a name known to allAkss is a name known to allAkss is a name known to allAkss is a name known to allAkss is a name known to allAkss is a name known to allAkss is a name known to allAkss is a name known to allAkss is a name known to allAkss is a name known to allAkss is a name known to all
Picked up a 3 pack of harlequin fems. Who know i might get lucky lol if anyones run anything from them let me know how it turned out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190404_170818418.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	490463 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190404_171333270_HDR.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	490464
Akss is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-05-2019, 03:48 AM #36
Loc Dog

Loc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
I'm sure there is, but it will have almost zero THC or other terpenes. Same for 30% THC strains, they have ridiculously low CBD and other terpenes. It would be good for CBD extraction, but not very useful to smoke by itself.
GG4 is 30% THC and no CBD.
Loc Dog is offline Quote

Old 04-05-2019, 06:35 AM #37
calisun

calisun has a spectacular aura aboutcalisun has a spectacular aura aboutcalisun has a spectacular aura aboutcalisun has a spectacular aura aboutcalisun has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akss View Post
Picked up a 3 pack of harlequin fems. Who know i might get lucky lol if anyones run anything from them let me know how it turned out.
I have the harlequin clone. It tested out at 13.93 cbd and 6.58% thc.
Strong plant with good structure and nice flowers.
It's a good one to have.
It's hard to say if your seeds came from the same harlequin as my clone. They will probable be close one way or the other. Good luck
calisun is offline Quote

Old 04-05-2019, 05:30 PM #38
dank.frank
ef.yu.se.ka.e.em

dank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivor
Even if from the same clone, to suggest they will be close or similar is NOT an accurate statement.

Feminized seeds have just as much variation in them as standard seeds. The only difference is the variation seen is only coming from one source, the female. It gives you insight into how stable or refined a given female is.

To the best of my knowledge, the Harlequin is still just an F1 line, not something that has been refined or worked for successive generations to bottleneck certain traits.

I wouldn't assume any degree of stability or similarity by default.

dank.Frank
ambiguous for the sake of the
ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR

Organic Soil ---> click here Current Grow --> click here
dank.frank is offline Quote

Old 04-05-2019, 06:54 PM #39
calisun

calisun has a spectacular aura aboutcalisun has a spectacular aura aboutcalisun has a spectacular aura aboutcalisun has a spectacular aura aboutcalisun has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank.frank View Post
Even if from the same clone, to suggest they will be close or similar is NOT an accurate statement.

Feminized seeds have just as much variation in them as standard seeds. The only difference is the variation seen is only coming from one source, the female. It gives you insight into how stable or refined a given female is.

To the best of my knowledge, the Harlequin is still just an F1 line, not something that has been refined or worked for successive generations to bottleneck certain traits.

I wouldn't assume any degree of stability or similarity by default.

dank.Frank
From what I have seen. When working with stable genetics and making fem seeds properly the seeds will be similar to the parent. Yes there is some variation. Similar is not the same as exact.
I've seen feminized seeds that were mutants,duds and with crazy variation too. I'm not disputing that. But a good breeder with stable genetics can and will produce seeds similar to the parent.
My hq cut is a stable one. There are plenty of people working with harlequin.
Anyway good luck AKSS. The results of your seeds depends on the work the breeder did and a little luck with the expression of phenotype
calisun is offline Quote

Old 04-05-2019, 07:42 PM #40
Akss

Akss is a name known to allAkss is a name known to allAkss is a name known to allAkss is a name known to allAkss is a name known to allAkss is a name known to allAkss is a name known to allAkss is a name known to allAkss is a name known to allAkss is a name known to allAkss is a name known to all
Thanks for the input guys. Not really looking for an exact copy in these beans. Id be happy if one of them has a decent amount of cbd. I bought them from pacific seed bank. Original harvest seeds was the name on the pack. I Dont know nothing about either of them. cant expect much from three beans but like i said who knows i might get lucky lol

Last edited by Akss; 04-05-2019 at 08:22 PM..
Akss is offline Quote