Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Medicinal Cannabis Forum > What is YOUR favorite/best strain cbd or thc for anxiety

Thread Title Search
What is YOUR favorite/best strain cbd or thc for anxiety Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-26-2018, 07:32 PM #21
WaxyTaxi
Baja Farms

WaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivor
The cherry pie I have deff has some relaxing CBD traits, but personally the terpene profile of OG kush is what takes the edge off the most for me.

Old 04-26-2018, 07:49 PM #22
moose eater

Location: Off a dead-end dirt road, near a river, out of town, in the hills and trees
moose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatCheese View Post
Never tried any Tijuana, but i read it's a pure-ish sativa polyhybrid with Haze in it. It has possibly some Mexi in it too. Haze and Mexis can give people paranoia and can have rushy effect, so not every plant may be too good for anti-axiety.

I suggest you/your family member look into CBD-rich strains. The effect is much calmer and clearer than with THC-only weed. There are indica and sativa leaning CBD rich strains.
Thanks, I have sativa-dominant, s-sourced, etc., plants that give the 'up' rush (at least initially) that you're referring to, and have had pure sativas that resulted in immediate 2-3 hour naps, defying the standard expectations or tendencies.

I never really researched the background genetics of Tijuana, but read some reports on it, and many of them bad-mouthed her as less than impressive or potent. The one I kept for a time was apparently an exception to the reviews, as at least one person told me she was (at that time) THE most potent weed I had.

But the effect was old-timey, floaty, smooth, happy (not exuberant, but calm happy, pleasant) type of high.

She was a moderately decent producer most of the time.

I'd have kept her longer, but like I said, while others could do better with her stem structure than my mixes produced, for me she was lanky and needed a fair bit of support when she went into flower. Thus, another set of decent quality genetics hit the compost bin.

I still have selfed seeds from her, should I get the urge, but I have other seeds to pop that have waited for well over 1-5 years, not counting near-ancient heirloom seeds dating back 35-50 years I need to work on reviving; mostly sativas... so.... They're there if the mood strikes, just in case.
moose eater is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-01-2018, 04:09 AM #23
wvkindbud38
Elite Growers Club

wvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud of
Anybody know of a strain that contains benzodiazepines ????
wvkindbud38 is offline Quote

Old 06-01-2018, 08:02 AM #24
xet

xet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nice
These are the type of strains I go for to move anxiety out of the way and go into operator mode.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352209

Old 06-01-2018, 03:34 PM #25
wvkindbud38
Elite Growers Club

wvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by xet View Post
These are the type of strains I go for to move anxiety out of the way and go into operator mode.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352209

Has anyone used that Xanax strain....it's very good for anxiety, relaxation, sleeping etc. A lot of those sativa will increase heart rate giving you a up feeling , actually this Xanax clone is a strong indica couchlock knock you on your ass. I don't understand how a list of sativa is gonna do anything for anxiety.....thats coming from somebody whos dealt with PTSD , insomnia, anxiety, panic attacks, there's no way I'm gonna want a sativa to get my heart racing to relax me.....wtf???

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-01-2018, 04:20 PM #26
xet

xet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nice
I am not telling anyone what will work for them.

This is what works for me.

I am not you.

Old 06-01-2018, 04:35 PM #27
wvkindbud38
Elite Growers Club

Exactly what I'm saying sativas don't help ME.....most/not all give the racy high. Basically what I'm saying is cannabis in general a lot of people with mental health issues especially in non-legal cannabis growing states have only one thing they take for anxiety. A lot of these non legal states people don't really believe in the medical benifits of cannabis. The government has managed to keep cannanis growing illegal in the mid-southern area of the USA and created the opioid and benzo addiction has sky rocketed.

Sorry to get off topic....if I had to choose weed for anxiety I'd take Blueberry prolly over anything hands down...,a 80/20 - 70/30 indica dominant strain....usually the more sativa will give you a racier high from what I've learned in 30yrs of cannabis smoking

Old 06-01-2018, 10:16 PM #28
SilverHazer

SilverHazer has a spectacular aura aboutSilverHazer has a spectacular aura aboutSilverHazer has a spectacular aura aboutSilverHazer has a spectacular aura aboutSilverHazer has a spectacular aura about
Shark Shock/Great White Shark is really good meditative stuff for me. It makes me centered and alert, with just enough head change to make it enjoyable.

White Widow is similar to the Shark, but it's got a more noticeable THC/ sativa affect. But I like to describe White Widow as the strongest functional high out there.

I've tried Harlequin and other CBD strains, and the buzz is similar to the Shark Shock in my experience, but I usually find the taste to be lacking, and sometimes just straight up nasty.
SilverHazer is offline Quote

Old 06-01-2018, 10:58 PM #29
Wendull C.

Wendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant future
Un hybrydized durban. Which is funny to me because forum and cherry pie trigger anxiety and paranoia in me.
Wendull C. is offline Quote

Old 06-02-2018, 01:06 AM #30
Teddybrae
Irresponsible Hermit

Teddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant future
Mendecino Skunk. quite mould proof too at 25 degrees south.
Teddybrae is offline Quote