Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Medicinal Cannabis Forum > Cannabis strains for insomnia?

Thread Title Search
Cannabis strains for insomnia? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-26-2017, 09:22 PM #1
JustSumTomatoes
Senior Insomniac

JustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant future
Cannabis strains for insomnia?

Does anyone have any personal experience dealing with insomnia and have a recommendation as to which strains are most effective for relieving it?

Obviously indicas will be more favorable over sativas, but are there any hybrids that may be helpful?

Also, looking for a hardy strain that will be successful outdoors since that's my method of growing. Thanks.
JustSumTomatoes is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:07 PM #2
Carraxe

Carraxe is a splendid one to beholdCarraxe is a splendid one to beholdCarraxe is a splendid one to beholdCarraxe is a splendid one to beholdCarraxe is a splendid one to beholdCarraxe is a splendid one to beholdCarraxe is a splendid one to beholdCarraxe is a splendid one to beholdCarraxe is a splendid one to beholdCarraxe is a splendid one to beholdCarraxe is a splendid one to behold
I'd say pure indicas before hybrids. They provide more a body relax than hybrids, that are stronger but not that suitable for sleep
Best one I know was Taskenti, an Uzbek hashplant, but I think it is discontinued. Old Black Domina from Sensi, and maybe Bubba Kush
Carraxe is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:37 PM #3
clearheaded

clearheaded is just really niceclearheaded is just really niceclearheaded is just really niceclearheaded is just really niceclearheaded is just really niceclearheaded is just really niceclearheaded is just really niceclearheaded is just really nice
Best is moderste high cbd with thc tincture. pck is hardy indica for od. also herijuana is known for sleepy effects and is also fast so heard good even in north od. If rainy area indicas can be hard to grow because of rot.
clearheaded is offline Quote

Old 10-26-2017, 10:42 PM #4
clearheaded

clearheaded is just really niceclearheaded is just really niceclearheaded is just really niceclearheaded is just really niceclearheaded is just really niceclearheaded is just really niceclearheaded is just really niceclearheaded is just really nice
Tinctures are good because act little faster then edible and long acting to keep asleep. also the metabolite is very very sleep inducing far more then any indica. Just take 1 or 2 hours before u want to go to sleep. Also i have had caps kick in after i woke up next morning imagine cause just wasnt sigested as i was sedentary/sleeping and not extracted. But why tincture or candy is better as absorbs buccaly.
clearheaded is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:48 PM #5
aquavitae

aquavitae will become famous soon enoughaquavitae will become famous soon enoughaquavitae will become famous soon enough
bubba kush
sensi star
herijuana
northern lights x hashplant

put you straight to bed at any time of the day
aquavitae is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:16 AM #6
Franc-Pousseur

Franc-Pousseur will become famous soon enough
Bog's lifesafer is the most sleep inducing strain I ever grow. I was giving it to someone with insomnia, and it worked quit well. I am now having a hard time finding something as effective since i stopped growing this strain.
Franc-Pousseur is offline Quote

Old 10-27-2017, 07:17 AM #7
JustSumTomatoes
Senior Insomniac

JustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant future
Thanks a lot for the recommendations! Around here the quality of bud on the streets is total trash compared to what it use to be. Many of the local growers quit in recent years and started importing buds from legal states instead, which brought with it a drop in quality. Didn't grow a crop this season so I'll probably have to suffer until next year. From my own experience I have found it to be a real hit or miss as far as what works for me strain wise. I've tried prescription meds with no relief. Seems I need to find that special type of MJ to do the trick.
JustSumTomatoes is offline Quote

Old 10-27-2017, 10:26 AM #8
gladysvjubb

gladysvjubb is a glorious beacon of lightgladysvjubb is a glorious beacon of lightgladysvjubb is a glorious beacon of lightgladysvjubb is a glorious beacon of lightgladysvjubb is a glorious beacon of lightgladysvjubb is a glorious beacon of lightgladysvjubb is a glorious beacon of lightgladysvjubb is a glorious beacon of lightgladysvjubb is a glorious beacon of lightgladysvjubb is a glorious beacon of lightgladysvjubb is a glorious beacon of light
Try the pill Ambien.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.p...light=molasses

Home distilled water: Check on ebay for countertop distillers.

Insects got you down? Try HOTSHOT No Pest Strips (NPS). Say goodbye to spider mites, etc.

$20 Hash Press https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=47524

How to transplant stress free: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.p...94#post1500194

Need durable Plant Markers? Cut an old venetian blind to your size and label with a Sharpie!

Overgrow the world

*****ANYBODY for President *****

The only WOODSTOCK I saw was the WOODSTOCK of my M-14 rifle.
gladysvjubb is offline Quote

Old 10-27-2017, 11:36 AM #9
yesum
IC Mag Supporter

yesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant future
I use sativas lately. As long as I smoke a couple hours before when I want to sleep, they work as well as the indicas. Even one hour is enough most times.
yesum is offline Quote

Old 10-27-2017, 09:39 PM #10
aquavitae

aquavitae will become famous soon enoughaquavitae will become famous soon enoughaquavitae will become famous soon enough
idk what sativas you are using, but the stuff we got to smoke the other was what I would consider a strong sativa high, that lasted for hours and that made me stay up all night, no burnout.

on the insomnia topic: https://overgrow.com/t/myrcene-produ...ck-effect/1372
aquavitae is offline Quote