What's new

DWCGoddammit SoMuch SpringTime-New Led, Portable AC Unit,Air Pump Or Vented Hood?

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
Ok so yeah-
Im in the middle of a flower n stuff

So I have two rooms. One room (veg) has an 8 inch exhaust into the filter. Im running an 8 inch fan.
Second room has a 6 inch exhaust feeding into room 1. just a bareback hose.
room 1 is now the veg and 2, the bloom. these are a closet and a bathroom respectively. Adjacent.
Veg has a 4' 8 bulb badboy, bloom has a 600hps and a 900 mars2 led.
I have the 600 on loan, cause it was winter and temps were getting too low. now its spring, and temps are getting way too high 82+

I run DWC

I spotted some funk in one bucket and starting in a second bucket today in veg room. im not in full root rot mode yet , just some gunkies to wash off...

Im concerned.

Question- Should I invest in an AC unit in bloom room and hope to cool veg room via the shared exhaust?
Should I invest in an aircooled hood for the hps light and hope it drops temps 5-10 degrees ?
Should I go full on LED and give back the space heater (hps) ?
Should I get a commercial airpump (1750gph+) to run all the buckets and let the temps stay in the low 80's?

room dims 1 5x6x7 ,2 4x6x7 or 378 cubic feet.
Prices for a fan, and hood are roughly the same as an ac unit ~$125-225
I could get another 900 mars 2 led for about $25 more. ($250)
or a bigassairpump for ~$70-120

so what say you ic? Led, Vented Hood on a loaned hps,badass airpump or an ac unit ?

Im tryna keep it under budget for a grow and it looks like this seasonal change will blow me a bit over.

My airpump situation is as follows - I have a 36lpm airpump feeding 4 dwcs in veg at 60l total solution (16gl) 4 clone buckets and for bloom i have 100lpm feeding 56l solution in bloom (15gl) 5 bloom buckets. Bloom buckets have LOTS AND LOTS of air and look and smell like new money buit they are starting to climb into +75F and Im not so cool with that.

My water temps are climbing past 76F as spring sets in and Im trying to just use clorox to control the funk

Im needing to make a move within the next few days or start rerouting my home ac unit.

Did I Mention Im a Certified Noob?

Boyd,
if your going LED then those lights keep everything just about perfect temperature wise, im running LED's and my room temp is a constant 75c

Weedninja

I don't have much experience with LEDs, so I can't help you there if you go that route, but it is a viable option.

Personally, I'd get an air-cooled hood for the 600w, ditch the passive exhaust, get a 4 or 6-inch exhaust fan for the veg room, and exhaust that separately. HO fluoros generate more heat than people think, and that's probably what's putting you over the top in your veg room.

You know about keeping duct runs as short as possible, right?