What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is this a hermie?

ohgeekush

So I had some problems with hermies on my last grow and want to make sure I catch them early this time so they don't screw up my whole crop like last time.

ikjCyAc.jpg

kckBcbR.jpg

so are these hermies?

Betterhaff

Veteran
No, but those look like female pre-flowers that have been pollinated. You may have some pollen coming from somewhere. Look around for bananas or male flowers on that plant or others or it may be from leftover pollen from your previous grow that did it.

ohgeekush

I'm a little concerned with what betterhalf had to say about being pollinated. Anyone else think they may be pollinated or just swollen callyxes. I have 2 of 3 plants that look like this and the other doesn't really have them so I'm not sure if they could be pollinated and the other not.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
They don't look to be pollinated to me. But you might try to take one of the bigger ones and carefully open it to see if a seed is forming inside. Also, if they were pollinated, the pistils should be dried.

Betterhaff

Veteran
I thought about the pistils after I posted, they didn’t look shriveled like they do when pollinated. It’s just that one in the top pick looked as if the calyx was even splitting a bit.

Pluck a bigger one off and peek inside like exploziv said, that will give you the answer.

Absolutely nothing to worry about that is a well developed female pre flower and is perfectly normal and there is no reason to think it has been pollinated :)

ohgeekush

So I plucked a big one and didn't really find anything inside, however I think it might just be too early so I'll be monitoring the next few days. Thanks for the help guys.

Jonnysact

It's fine, just female pre flower with thin pistils. If pollinated, they would go more red. Very distinctive from what I saw from my first grow and yeah, she went hermie on me. So I do have some seeds.

Latest posts

Latest posts