What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Clone's Rooted , Now What?

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
Yeah so I built a lil bubble cloner and it worked (Thanks again Snype)

Now I kinda scratching my head, What Now , IC?

Strain : Star Kush F2
3 phenos - A sativa leaning pheno
2 Short Fatbellied phenos
and 2 Taller, Stretchy, Explosive phenos

Im currently in a 5x2.5x5 ft flower area. Im most likely gonna need to move to a closet to get another 2 feet of height for the 3rd pheno. Im reluctant about that move in the middle of a grow, so I may wind up ripping out on old , damaged fiberglass bathtub to get that extra 2 feet of verticle space. I dont want to disturb shit thats been left alone for 20-30 years and fuck up my environment, see?
right next to it is a walk in closet 6x4x7 , I could just run a vent tube from one room to the next and find another place for our clothes. give it a good washing a hope for the best....Opinions?

Im in dwc and love it.
When Im ready for production and have the strain I wanna grow picked - Ill then build the rdwc.

RF/Scottish Research gave me about 40 Gallons of his used organic soil mix. Its been under my back porch since january and he was saying its ready to go, but I have concerns about bugs and how to figure out what to fortify it with if its clean. How can I test and see if theres critters in this mix?

Should I test it with a houseplant outdoors to see if its free of badguys?
Should I just toss it out in the garden?

Or should I just get another air pump and pre veg them 5 to a 5 gal for a few weeks? and then figure out whats next?

See, I grew from seed , and Im 3 weeks into flower and have no idea which one of the phenos I will want to keep for production.
Seems that #6 pheno was definitely the first to root and its arguably more budsites across the top, but who knows about potency, yield etc. until the end.

What I want to have is 2+ mothers and plenty of clones on the ready when Im done with my initial cure and am ready to chose the "One" After that decision , Ill keep 4 mothers of the winner around at all times until Im done with the strain. Im also trying to get into a perpetual environment and harvesting once a month or so, so theres that and Im open to suggestions on the idea as well.

So , can you , ICmag, offer me a few useful scenarios?

Last edited:

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
i'm not sure what you're asking. whether or not to use the soil? or what strain to grow first?

i've never run any star kush but i would just run one of each myself in the dirt i got from RF and add food as needed.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
yeah bro, its a rambling post...
Anyways, I decided to move my girls into a larger area and take the clones and put them in some bubble buckets for a lil veg time.
I didnt use hydroton ,just cut the bottoms of the cups to see what would happen.
I also cut more clones and used snypes rockwool method.

Wendull C.

Veteran
When selecting phenos for a mother, clone and label them all pre flower so if you find a gem you don't have to reveg it.

If you didn't do that take a couple bottoms from each label them root and reveg. It will take 30 to 45 days to resume normal growth but at least you have a mother you liked by sampling finish meds at the end. Just mho.

Buddle

Veteran
I'm not sure I'd use soil that's been outside all winter. Guess it depends on whether it stayed dry etc.I'd be too afraid of bringing in all kinds of critters.
If you are going dwc what is the dirt for? Girls look great.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
I'm not sure I'd use soil that's been outside all winter. Guess it depends on whether it stayed dry etc.I'd be too afraid of bringing in all kinds of critters.
If you are going dwc what is the dirt for? Girls look great.

Hey buddle ,thanks for chiming in. It was just thrown in on a deal. Im not gonna use it, I dont want toi risk bringing it inside. Think ill toss it into the raised bed I need to get set up out back. I used toi have 2 beds for a while , and last year i let it overgrow, then My mom came for a visit ,got bored one day and dug up everything, including my 3 year old asparagus roots. I was like DAMN! but whatevs , it was my mom so , ill start a new set soon.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
Ive got to say, what the fuck did I clone in rockwool for? Im not using soil/coco/organics - Im super happy with dwc.... DERP

Ive got some roots on one of the phenos already showing in the rw, but its a fussy medium for me.

Im gonna get another airpump and slap these rw clones in some hydroton/dwc's and be done with the rw for awhile. Meh - shoulda just stuck with the bubble cloner. Meanwhile the bubbleclone posse is doing super awesome, aside from that strain I REALLY wanted to do well, the herijuana.

I have like 2 strong clones of it and the other 4 just wont throw roots for shit.
On the bright side, Im seing how she wants to be cut to be successful in the future, even though Im pretty sure she wont be in the stable long. This girl is a midget in flower, just refuses to grow or stretch, but shes flowering up literally every inch of her 16" tall frame. Im thinking a SOG beast once Ive got a few healthy moms to clone from.

Meanwhile, the Star Kush has 2 phenos that are absolutely in love with being cloned.
Problem is , Im not impressed so far with any of them as far as in resin/trich production.
theres more sugar and trichs on the dwarf herijuana than all 4 of the SK's put together.
Such is the luck of the draw. Fuckery

Latest posts

Latest posts