Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > Cheap way to chill water?

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Twilight Labs
Cheap way to chill water? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-29-2017, 04:28 PM #1
ChenBenTz

ChenBenTz will become famous soon enough
Cheap way to chill water?

I've got a large AC but since the temps have gone down in the past month it's not necessary and it's kind of suspicious to turn it on.

I know there are dedicated water chillers but they're really expensive here ($500 and up), so is there anything you guys use to chill your water besides that?

Thanks.
ChenBenTz is offline Quote

Old 11-29-2017, 05:57 PM #2
bigganjabud

bigganjabud has much to be proud ofbigganjabud has much to be proud ofbigganjabud has much to be proud ofbigganjabud has much to be proud ofbigganjabud has much to be proud ofbigganjabud has much to be proud ofbigganjabud has much to be proud ofbigganjabud has much to be proud ofbigganjabud has much to be proud ofbigganjabud has much to be proud ofbigganjabud has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChenBenTz View Post
I've got a large AC but since the temps have gone down in the past month it's not necessary and it's kind of suspicious to turn it on.

I know there are dedicated water chillers but they're really expensive here ($500 and up), so is there anything you guys use to chill your water besides that?

Thanks.
Goin back a few years to when I was doing nft

I used to freeze 1ltr bottles of water on about a 7 bottle a day thing and as one comes out of res, put that straight back to freezer

Rinse and repeat mate

Worked well for me tbh but in this game its horses for courses
bigganjabud is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-29-2017, 11:37 PM #3
ChenBenTz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigganjabud View Post
Goin back a few years to when I was doing nft

I used to freeze 1ltr bottles of water on about a 7 bottle a day thing and as one comes out of res, put that straight back to freezer

Rinse and repeat mate

Worked well for me tbh but in this game its horses for courses
Wouldn't that make the temperature uneven? Like, at the beginning it would be much colder and then gradually barely colder?

Old 11-29-2017, 11:45 PM #4
Snook

Snook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant future
dont know how much water you want to chill to what temp but heres a .1 HP chiller $296.. they arent going to get cheaper in the future:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...FIQW2RFBO&th=1https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...FIQW2RFBO&th=1

If your going to stay in the game, $300 is cheap.

Search: PPK - PassivePlantKiller https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=292102

WHAT IS THIS? : https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....65#post7832665
Snook is offline Quote

Old 11-30-2017, 01:37 AM #5
ganja4

ganja4 is on a distinguished road
No. The change in temp wont harm at all. I did the same. Had about ten bottles in freezer for that. Half litre ones.
It works
Its cheap
ganja4 is offline Quote

Old 11-30-2017, 01:59 AM #6
Patmando22

Patmando22 is just really nicePatmando22 is just really nicePatmando22 is just really nicePatmando22 is just really nicePatmando22 is just really nicePatmando22 is just really nicePatmando22 is just really nicePatmando22 is just really nicePatmando22 is just really nice
Get a mini fridge and fill it with soft irrigation line put two holes on the top and feed the lines through one side gets a pump and timer and gos in res the other flows into the res with cold water
Patmando22 is online now Quote

Old 11-30-2017, 03:14 AM #7
iBogart

iBogart is just really niceiBogart is just really niceiBogart is just really niceiBogart is just really niceiBogart is just really niceiBogart is just really niceiBogart is just really niceiBogart is just really niceiBogart is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmando22 View Post
Get a mini fridge and fill it with soft irrigation line put two holes on the top and feed the lines through one side gets a pump and timer and gos in res the other flows into the res with cold water
Might as well just get a chiller then no?

274 on your doorstep

https://www.ebay.com/i/281384270974?chn=ps
iBogart is offline Quote

Old 11-30-2017, 03:47 AM #8
ChenBenTz

Don't live in the US, guys. Cheapest one for me is more than $500. The mini fridge idea is nice but I'm low on space.