Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > Night Vision Goggles during dark phase

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Dark Heart Nursery
Night Vision Goggles during dark phase Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-14-2017, 11:23 PM #11
amanda88

amanda88 is just really niceamanda88 is just really niceamanda88 is just really niceamanda88 is just really niceamanda88 is just really niceamanda88 is just really niceamanda88 is just really niceamanda88 is just really niceamanda88 is just really nice
25c green bulb saves you tripping over the babes, and the hassle of a fancy headset

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:26 AM #12
Granger2

Granger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to behold
I have extra sockets for green incandescents. I also have a bb cap with built in green light in the brim. Got it at Lowe's. Good luck. -granger

Old 11-15-2017, 12:41 AM #13
justanotherbozo
on the bus ride of life.

justanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtez44 View Post
Because I already have night vision goggles and i dont have a green light
...yeah, i personally instal a cheap socket with a pull chain and a green CFL in my blooming space and i then do all my chores with this light about 15 minutes before the HPS comes on.

...doing this costs under $20.00 even with the socket and it makes this a non-issue, i'm thinking your night vision shit cost you way more than that.

https://www.amazon.com/Sunlite-SL24-...ords=Green+cfl

...i'm also certain that a bulb like this can be had locally for far less than Amazon wants for it so understand that i only post the link as an example.

peace, bozo

"Those that give up Liberty to have temporary Security deserve Neither"......Benjamin Franklin.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it." ..... George Orwell
justanotherbozo is offline Quote

Old 11-15-2017, 01:01 AM #14
Mtez44

Mtez44 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by meadowman View Post
i go in my flower room to water every night with a flouro on with no ill effects….been doing it for years. it was subcools poor breeding practices that caused herms not light leaks…lol
i have 6500k CFL's in the room on a pull switch. you think those would be ok if i turned them on?
Mtez44 is offline Quote

Old 11-15-2017, 01:02 AM #15
Mtez44

Mtez44 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
No night vision is needed.

Close your eyes, trust your feelings and use the force Luke.
I cant even walk normally with my eyes open in daylight
Mtez44 is offline Quote

Old 11-15-2017, 10:32 PM #16
Granger2

Granger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtez44 View Post
i have 6500k CFL's in the room on a pull switch. you think those would be ok if i turned them on?
Not unless they're green. -granger

Old 11-15-2017, 10:43 PM #17
packerfan79

packerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant future
I use a green led headlamp also have a green led bulb. The green incandesant bulbs have a white filament, can cause hermies. I would say get a green light no reason to screw up a crop to save a few bucks.
packerfan79 is offline Quote

Old 11-16-2017, 02:45 AM #18
al70

al70 has much to be proud ofal70 has much to be proud ofal70 has much to be proud ofal70 has much to be proud ofal70 has much to be proud ofal70 has much to be proud ofal70 has much to be proud ofal70 has much to be proud ofal70 has much to be proud ofal70 has much to be proud ofal70 has much to be proud of
get a green light if you have to pay a visit, goodluck
al70 is offline Quote

Old 11-16-2017, 07:33 AM #19
Ringodoggie

Ringodoggie is just really niceRingodoggie is just really niceRingodoggie is just really niceRingodoggie is just really niceRingodoggie is just really niceRingodoggie is just really niceRingodoggie is just really niceRingodoggie is just really niceRingodoggie is just really nice
To answer the OP's original question... certain frequencies of IR light are not detectable to the plants and will not affect the photoperiod. I don't know what your night vision glasses give off but if you have the specs on your glasses, it might give you an answer.

You'll have to Google it to make sure but I believe anything over 700 nm will not be detected by the plants.
Ringodoggie is offline Quote

Old 11-16-2017, 08:00 PM #20
HuffnPufferfish

HuffnPufferfish has a spectacular aura aboutHuffnPufferfish has a spectacular aura aboutHuffnPufferfish has a spectacular aura aboutHuffnPufferfish has a spectacular aura aboutHuffnPufferfish has a spectacular aura about
just do it when the lights are on, plants will see all of your funky lights