Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > Night Vision Goggles during dark phase

Thread Title Search
Advertise on ICMag - Click for more info
Night Vision Goggles during dark phase Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-13-2017, 05:27 AM #1
Mtez44

Mtez44 is on a distinguished road
Night Vision Goggles during dark phase

If i go into my grow room with my night vision goggles on and use the IR assist on them will it damage my plants?
Mtez44 is offline Quote

Old 11-13-2017, 05:37 AM #2
redlaser

redlaser has much to be proud ofredlaser has much to be proud ofredlaser has much to be proud ofredlaser has much to be proud ofredlaser has much to be proud ofredlaser has much to be proud ofredlaser has much to be proud ofredlaser has much to be proud ofredlaser has much to be proud ofredlaser has much to be proud ofredlaser has much to be proud of
I think that's a red light that's used on some night vision, at least the one I have.

Not really sure, but I doubt it's really bright enough. Might be though.. they can handle full moon light outside, which is enough to see around at night,

I picked up some green sheets of clear plastic and cut it into circles to put over my flashlight lenses, a couple thicknesses worth to make it green enough
redlaser is online now Quote

Old 11-13-2017, 05:54 AM #3
Mtez44

yea its just a tiny little infrared bulb on it, that barely puts anything out. you barely see it with your eye when looking at the bulb. Obviously though it is amplified in the night vision and looks like someone is shinning a flash light through the goggles I have the option to turn it on if needed, it doesnt go on automatically. maybe i will try it without first.
Mtez44 is offline Quote

Old 11-13-2017, 06:05 AM #4
Ringodoggie

Ringodoggie is just really niceRingodoggie is just really niceRingodoggie is just really niceRingodoggie is just really niceRingodoggie is just really niceRingodoggie is just really niceRingodoggie is just really niceRingodoggie is just really niceRingodoggie is just really nice
I am pretty sure that the cannabis plant does not use Infra Red light for photosynthesis so it should not interrupt the critical period.

I have used cameras with IR light in my rooms for years an never noticed any problems.
Ringodoggie is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-13-2017, 02:29 PM #5
Smug_Pepe

Smug_Pepe is a jewel in the roughSmug_Pepe is a jewel in the roughSmug_Pepe is a jewel in the roughSmug_Pepe is a jewel in the roughSmug_Pepe is a jewel in the roughSmug_Pepe is a jewel in the roughSmug_Pepe is a jewel in the rough
Why not just use a green light bulb? Seems easier and cheaper than using night vision.

Plants are unaffected by green light.
Smug_Pepe is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-13-2017, 04:04 PM #6
troutman

troutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud of
Save yourself the money and just get everything done when the light is on.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:12 PM #7
Mtez44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smug_Pepe View Post
Why not just use a green light bulb? Seems easier and cheaper than using night vision.

Plants are unaffected by green light.
Because I already have night vision goggles and i dont have a green light
Mtez44 is offline Quote

Old 11-14-2017, 10:14 PM #8
Mtez44

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Save yourself the money and just get everything done when the light is on.
again i already have the goggles.

We got a cold spell in and it slipped my mind so i wanted to go back in and turn on the heater.
Mtez44 is offline Quote

Old 11-14-2017, 10:29 PM #9
troutman

troutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtez44 View Post
again i already have the goggles.

We got a cold spell in and it slipped my mind so i wanted to go back in and turn on the heater.
No night vision is needed.

Close your eyes, trust your feelings and use the force Luke.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:07 PM #10
meadowman

meadowman is just really nicemeadowman is just really nicemeadowman is just really nicemeadowman is just really nicemeadowman is just really nicemeadowman is just really nicemeadowman is just really nicemeadowman is just really nicemeadowman is just really nicemeadowman is just really nicemeadowman is just really nice
i go in my flower room to water every night with a flouro on with no ill effects….been doing it for years. it was subcools poor breeding practices that caused herms not light leaks…lol
meadowman is offline Quote