What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kentucky/Ohio Valley growers...

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Fellow Kentuckians, I have a ?

Why are the choppers not flying much this year??

Was the funds/budget cut or what? I am from a well known County that grows tons and tons of weed, we usually get flyovers here at least 3 to 4 days a week till end of season. What the fuck? I could have put out rows and rows and rows of monsters! Now watch them tear the shit out of it next year.

I almost believe the Cannabis Suppression branch has ran out of dough or getting the the bottom of their dollar$. Or, another possibility that crossed my mind was that they are wanting us growers to get by with a lot to increase street arrests and drug busts. I'm not sure, but what I do know for sure, is that it kinda blows my fucking mind!

Rodehazrd

Fellow Kentuckians, I have a ?

Why are the choppers not flying much this year??

Was the funds/budget cut or what? I am from a well known County that grows tons and tons of weed, we usually get flyovers here at least 3 to 4 days a week till end of season. What the fuck? I could have put out rows and rows and rows of monsters! Now watch them tear the shit out of it next year.

I almost believe the Cannabis Suppression branch has ran out of dough or getting the the bottom of their dollar$. Or, another possibility that crossed my mind was that they are wanting us growers to get by with a lot to increase street arrests and drug busts. I'm not sure, but what I do know for sure, is that it kinda blows my fucking mind!
Paid off? Busted for getting paid off? Many reasons come to mind none very reassuring I am glad for your good luck so far this year. You have the Mold this year?
Rodehazrd

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Paid off? Busted for getting paid off? Many reasons come to mind none very reassuring I am glad for your good luck so far this year. You have the Mold this year?
Rodehazrd

I have been very lucky this year Hazard. Knock on wood... The season is definitely not over for me yet though. I have 32 plants left that are still in veg that will be going outside to flower by the end of this week. They are in 10 gallon grow bags will be transplanting to 20's. But the other half I do have out I have found a little mold here and there but not like usual.

This year I went 100% organic and it really shows. Less insect problems and less mold and fungus problems. No over fertilization but I have found with organics it is easy to "under" fertilize.

Now I did see the choppers flying off and on this year back in late July and August, but not ANYTHING like usual. As a matter of fact, it is very UNUSUAL. I sure ain't complaining though lol. Buddy from a county over next to me said he seen the pot chopper land there one day last week. So i'm not getting my hopes up just yet!

Rodehazrd

I have been very lucky this year Hazard. Knock on wood... The season is definitely not over for me yet though. I have 32 plants left that are still in veg that will be going outside to flower by the end of this week. They are in 10 gallon grow bags will be transplanting to 20's. But the other half I do have out I have found a little mold here and there but not like usual.

This year I went 100% organic and it really shows. Less insect problems and less mold and fungus problems. No over fertilization but I have found with organics it is easy to "under" fertilize.

Now I did see the choppers flying off and on this year back in late July and August, but not ANYTHING like usual. As a matter of fact, it is very UNUSUAL. I sure ain't complaining though lol. Buddy from a county over next to me said he seen the pot chopper land there one day last week. So i'm not getting my hopes up just yet!

Hey MB
I'm organic too and bug pressure is not horrible this year some hoppers passing by but not heavy I had thrips i think on my cotton candy cane lots of tiny holes but they passed on.
it could have been mold spots too I had Larry og and white widow in the same hole and no damage at all to them. I'm pretty high up so I think that helped with the PM some growers had it bad in the valleys. I saw it in red and white and purple on other farms. I added al lot of fungi in my soil so they may be helping too.
Hope you get your crop to finish in time looks like some more good weather in the valley at least two more weeks to swell those buds.
:peacock:

sativa92

Wow, how did I miss this thread! We love the colors scarlet and gray. We grew up in early 80's on Ruderskunk, Northern lights, G13, Meigs gold, Hawaiian, ect. Killer genetics every year around here in fall time. I Come from 3Rd generation of farmers, green farmers I should say lol. Anything new in the valley that's killer.The best I have have had was an Ak47 from about 10 years ago. But the Chem D is really special. Hope you guys all had a great harvests ..

CaptnPlantit

Hey everyone, I’ve been a member here for a while now. I’ve been lazy for about a year and a half. About a month I seen a guy walking along the road and seemed to be in pain, so I stopped and asked him if he was ok. He wasn’t. Kidney problems. So I offered him a ride. He was coming from the E.R.. I don’t understand why they released him. But I took him to the pharmacy for his antibiotics and took him home. I didn’t ask for gas money and said bye. That’s when he said Hey u smoke. Yeah sure do. Hey just gave me a hand full of buds. Said, they call this mad dog. It was awesome. Really funky sort of fruity dank shit. I would love to find some more of that in seed form. I fell in love with the taste and smell.

Rodehazrd

Hey everyone, I’ve been a member here for a while now. I’ve been lazy for about a year and a half. About a month I seen a guy walking along the road and seemed to be in pain, so I stopped and asked him if he was ok. He wasn’t. Kidney problems. So I offered him a ride. He was coming from the E.R.. I don’t understand why they released him. But I took him to the pharmacy for his antibiotics and took him home. I didn’t ask for gas money and said bye. That’s when he said Hey u smoke. Yeah sure do. Hey just gave me a hand full of buds. Said, they call this mad dog. It was awesome. Really funky sort of fruity dank shit. I would love to find some more of that in seed form. I fell in love with the taste and smell.
Hey cap
look into great lakes genetics. I got some freebies from dragboatjeffy MADDAWG X LONG BOTTOM LEAF
he may have access to mad dawg I also got white dawg crosses too.

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) - The "Godfather of Grass," who fled to Canada after being indicted on federal drug charges and spent eight years on the run, has been sentenced to almost five years in federal prison.

U.S. District Judge Charles R. Simpson III on Thursday in Louisville sentenced 74-year-old John Robert "Johnny" Boone, formerly of Marion County, Kentucky, to 57 months. Prosecutors said he pleaded guilty in December to a single count, admitting that he conspired to possess, grow and distribute more than 1,000 marijuana plants at an operation near Springfield.

Boone was arrested in Canada in December 2016.

Boone was convicted in the 1980s and spent a decade in prison for what prosecutors called a massive marijuana syndicate. They said he was head of a multistate marijuana operation known as the "Cornbread Mafia."

ineedclones2

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) - The "Godfather of Grass," who fled to Canada after being indicted on federal drug charges and spent eight years on the run, has been sentenced to almost five years in federal prison.

U.S. District Judge Charles R. Simpson III on Thursday in Louisville sentenced 74-year-old John Robert "Johnny" Boone, formerly of Marion County, Kentucky, to 57 months. Prosecutors said he pleaded guilty in December to a single count, admitting that he conspired to possess, grow and distribute more than 1,000 marijuana plants at an operation near Springfield.

Boone was arrested in Canada in December 2016.

Boone was convicted in the 1980s and spent a decade in prison for what prosecutors called a massive marijuana syndicate. They said he was head of a multistate marijuana operation known as the "Cornbread Mafia."
I’m from the same small town Johnny Boone is from, and grew up around him and several other Cornbread Mafia guys, and all of them were extremely good people and well liked. The law painted them out to be huge growers, and they were but they weren’t rich, just normal guys that were trying to hit the motherload every year when they did their outdoor planting. I got to see and hear about a lot of the success they had, and also was around when several of them went to prison for 20 years, including the Bickett brothers. The one thing I wish the most is that someone would have kept the original Puking Red clone we had during that time period. It was the most lung expanding strain anyone could ever create, and got its name from causing people to throw up after coughing so much after a hit of it. It was a growers dream, indoors or out, and you could harvest it early and it would still be fire as fuck. It was around in the 90s and early 2000s, but disappeared mid-2000s and hasn’t been seen since. It was easily the strongest weed I’ve ever smoked, and would wreck your day immediately if you hit it more than a time or two. Johnny Boone is out now, and has been seen around Raywick a lot. I guess nobody really uses this site anymore, this thread hasn’t been used since 2018.

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
I’m here and appreciate your contribution. I was recently in Lebanon for hemp fest and was able to meet some of the cornbread mafia

I’d love to get my hands on Puking Red as well. I also read Higgins book and def got the impression while good hearted people, you didn’t want to cross em

ineedclones2

I’m here and appreciate your contribution. I was recently in Lebanon for hemp fest and was able to meet some of the cornbread mafia

I’d love to get my hands on Puking Red as well. I also read Higgins book and def got the impression while good hearted people, you didn’t want to cross em
The Puking Red clone has been long gone as far as I know. Their might be some old school guys over in Loretto that might still have her or crosses of her but nobody in Raywick has her and that’s for sure. I found an old school clone from here called Crestwood that has the lung expansion but it isn’t quite as strong as the PR was, although I prefer the Crestwood over the Puke cause it’s a 12 week mostly sativa type plant that doesn’t put you down like the Puke did. Seems like all the old lung expanders are gone now, and they have been replaced by candy or cake type plants, even the Sour Diesels are low in number, everybody has the same cuts, although @notsodog on Instagram has a Sour Diesel clone that looks like the old one that everyone went nuts over. I wish I would have known that all those old strains were going to disappear, I would have tried to save them or at least make seeds of them.

ost

The Puking Red clone has been long gone as far as I know. Their might be some old school guys over in Loretto that might still have her or crosses of her but nobody in Raywick has her and that’s for sure. I found an old school clone from here called Crestwood that has the lung expansion but it isn’t quite as strong as the PR was, although I prefer the Crestwood over the Puke cause it’s a 12 week mostly sativa type plant that doesn’t put you down like the Puke did. Seems like all the old lung expanders are gone now, and they have been replaced by candy or cake type plants, even the Sour Diesels are low in number, everybody has the same cuts, although @notsodog on Instagram has a Sour Diesel clone that looks like the old one that everyone went nuts over. I wish I would have known that all those old strains were going to disappear, I would have tried to save them or at least make seeds of them.
there have been many strains lost to the beans being kept in a hot spot for too many years before someone could get to em to try agin!

budman678

Veteran
I would almost guarantee some old head had a clone and has been running for forty years. Someone who keep a a really tight circle. If it’s as good as you say, no would let that go willingly

I not far from peewee/crestwood. Knowing the area and some of the family’s, I can only imagine the level of fire being grown out there. There has to be some old school shit floating around but they sure as hell ain’t on the internet.

My crew has had a legendary cut of strawberry cough that’s been lovingly passed around 20years. Being on the forums for about that long, the circle has acquired ogkb 2.0, rez’s sour d, forum cut cookies, josey’s gg4, skunkva’s chem91, etx

Needless to say we smoke good but what I’m missing is they 80s fire

ineedclones2

I would almost guarantee some old head had a clone and has been running for forty years. Someone who keep a a really tight circle. If it’s as good as you say, no would let that go willingly

I not far from peewee/crestwood. Knowing the area and some of the family’s, I can only imagine the level of fire being grown out there. There has to be some old school shit floating around but they sure as hell ain’t on the internet.

My crew has had a legendary cut of strawberry cough that’s been lovingly passed around 20years. Being on the forums for about that long, the circle has acquired ogkb 2.0, rez’s sour d, forum cut cookies, josey’s gg4, skunkva’s chem91, etx

Needless to say we smoke good but what I’m missing is they 80s fire
The clone we have called Crestwood has supposedly been around for 25-30 years or more, and is better than everything I’ve tried that is mainstream like the OGs, Sours, Chems, and even new stuff like the Cap Junky. I’ve ran a ton of new stuff and nothing is like the old stuff. We had a clone of “Creeper” that would have you scared to death for 6-8 hours as the buzz intensified and it had no ceiling whatsoever, where did it go? Prohibition killed a lot of those old clones, and the Puking Red was the best we had ever came across. It was one hit wonder stuff, and I think what happened with it is everyone thought that someone else was going to keep it around and eventually it got lost. The last people that had it probably thought some other groups had it and then they started looking for it and it was gone. Same story with the real deal Sour Diesel. Only clone I’ve seen that looks completely and totally different from the regular ones that people are saying are not the Diesel is @notsodog on Instagrams Sour Diesel clone. It looks completely different than the AJ, Chaco, and ECSD that everyone runs, and @notsodog says that everyone started letting their Sour cuts go for the Headband, while he was the only one that kept the one that he really liked and has had it for 20 years. I’d give anything to be able to go back in time. We also had a Willys Wonder clone that was ridiculously fire, a small yielding plant that got the nickname Precious from our group because it was better than everything around aside from the Puking Red, and it would turn completely black when it matured and had a very tangy fruity taste. The Willys clones that float around today are nothing like the one we had. Plus the one we had would choke you , it had the lung expansion as well and you couldn’t hold a hit for more than a second or 2 and you were spewing out the smoke and trying to catch your breath.

budman678

Veteran
Incredible.

I have a lot of respect for notsodog and currently have his flo rida x f1 durb going. Also have notso’s headband x Obama kush. About to transplant to 5gallons from beer cups.

I would buy, with confidence, his beans and CSI Humboldt. Caleb and notso run in the same circles and are clone hoarders so they have a lot of the elites from as far back as the 80/s90s. The way all these enthusiasts hoard clones makes me have to believe that there are other people like this all over the country. Just sitting on the fire somewhere in someone’s Basement.

I’ve been following a lot of Matt riot and notsodogs podcast on legendary genetics. Everyone gives cookies a bad rap, but it’s really just the flavor of the month, one day we will look back and miss the doughy creamy fruity weed just like we are nostalgic about the long lost strains of yore.

the flavors of the 90s and early 2000s were insanely good and, in a sense, “pure” compared to the dessert weed that everyone seems to love these days.

ost

I’m from the same small town Johnny Boone is from, and grew up around him and several other Cornbread Mafia guys, and all of them were extremely good people and well liked. The law painted them out to be huge growers, and they were but they weren’t rich, just normal guys that were trying to hit the motherload every year when they did their outdoor planting. I got to see and hear about a lot of the success they had, and also was around when several of them went to prison for 20 years, including the Bickett brothers. The one thing I wish the most is that someone would have kept the original Puking Red clone we had during that time period. It was the most lung expanding strain anyone could ever create, and got its name from causing people to throw up after coughing so much after a hit of it. It was a growers dream, indoors or out, and you could harvest it early and it would still be fire as fuck. It was around in the 90s and early 2000s, but disappeared mid-2000s and hasn’t been seen since. It was easily the strongest weed I’ve ever smoked, and would wreck your day immediately if you hit it more than a time or two. Johnny Boone is out now, and has been seen around Raywick a lot. I guess nobody really uses this site anymore, this thread hasn’t been used since 2018.
there are a few of us who still check old posts,just to learn what we missed .

budman678

Veteran
I’ve got a headband x Obama kush going from notso and csi

A pre 98 bubb kush and some other hype strains. Check my latest thread.

I miss the “afghani” from the late 90s early 2000s. I used to pick up in central KY near Lexington. Dark colored, lung expansion upon inhale, rock hard buds. Have me the worst munchies but was a relaxing stone that hit like a hammer