Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > TIPS, TRICKS, WEIRD HABITS or ANYTHING USEFUL!

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts!
TIPS, TRICKS, WEIRD HABITS or ANYTHING USEFUL! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-06-2017, 01:32 PM #691
Snook

Snook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by larry badiner
if your seedlings are streching out, they will eventually grow straight under strong enough light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellyfish View Post
That's true. I've had to prop a few seedlings up with paper clips when they stretched up too fast and got top heavy.

They will right themselves if you baby them a little. With the price of some seeds, it's totally worth the trouble.
All these years I thought this to be 'normal'. Yes they will right themselves but I just ad more media around said seedling. It stands up fine after that..

Search: PPK - PassivePlantKiller https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=292102

WHAT IS THIS? : https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....65#post7832665
Snook is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-06-2017, 01:45 PM #692
Snook

Snook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaventa View Post
heres what you said

this is what i said
What part confused you?

The part of your post that confused me was you starting by advocating the use of glue on "any" screw "connections" in your grow.

You then said that you discovered a light had a problem.

At this point it sounded as if the "screw connection" you were referencing in regard to glueing, was a light screw connection, partly because of the story so far but also because "screw connection" is a term thats more applicable to electrical lamp connections than threaded fasteners.
Lets not start a shit storm brother.. I didnt say glue I said locktite.. the light was dying and coincidentally the light cord was somewhat loose.. sorry I didnt understand your post..

Search: PPK - PassivePlantKiller https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=292102

Snook is offline Quote

Old 12-24-2017, 11:16 PM #693
MaryMaven
Alchemist of Cool

MaryMaven is just really niceMaryMaven is just really niceMaryMaven is just really niceMaryMaven is just really niceMaryMaven is just really niceMaryMaven is just really niceMaryMaven is just really niceMaryMaven is just really niceMaryMaven is just really niceMaryMaven is just really nice
My Grow this time around is in an old basement 4'x3.5' shower stall. I lined the walls with reflective insulation, but, of course, the front side was open. I'm not worried about light leak/invasion so I don't need a real door for it, but it did mean a 'dark side' for any plant on that side of the shower.

I took one of my older, big, photography reflectors down and use it on the open side. It's light-weight, easy to roll out of the way, easy to wipe down and keep clean, and, of course, it is highly reflective. Makes a great 'door' for the stall!
MaryMaven is offline Quote

Old 12-25-2017, 02:46 PM #694
Snook

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMaven View Post
My Grow this time around is in an old basement 4'x3.5' shower stall. I lined the walls with reflective insulation, but, of course, the front side was open. I'm not worried about light leak/invasion so I don't need a real door for it, but it did mean a 'dark side' for any plant on that side of the shower.

I took one of my older, big, photography reflectors down and use it on the open side. It's light-weight, easy to roll out of the way, easy to wipe down and keep clean, and, of course, it is highly reflective. Makes a great 'door' for the stall!
Y r u not worrying about light leaks? Some Velcro strips and some panda film would do the trick.

Snook is offline Quote

Old 12-25-2017, 06:54 PM #695
MaryMaven
Alchemist of Cool

MaryMaven is just really niceMaryMaven is just really niceMaryMaven is just really niceMaryMaven is just really niceMaryMaven is just really niceMaryMaven is just really niceMaryMaven is just really niceMaryMaven is just really niceMaryMaven is just really niceMaryMaven is just really nice
Thanks! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snook View Post
Y r u not worrying about light leaks? Some Velcro strips and some panda film would do the trick.

Yeah, it's in a basement in an old, empty house, and the only thing that the basement gets used for at this time is growing, and I'm not perpetual at this time so there is no veg/flower division on time. So, when lights go out, they are OUT and it is black as can be down there.

But I WILL keep your suggestion on hand for when I DO go perpetual! Thank you!

Peace,
Maven

Old 12-25-2017, 06:57 PM #696
MaryMaven
Alchemist of Cool

Oh, and using just the reflector at this time instead of sealing it all the way up allows much more/better air/heat/humidity exchange in the plant area.

Old 12-26-2017, 03:56 PM #697
moonymonkey

moonymonkey has a spectacular aura aboutmoonymonkey has a spectacular aura aboutmoonymonkey has a spectacular aura aboutmoonymonkey has a spectacular aura about
Question

i use earth boxes,good we you can't b around for a week at a time.using 5 gallons of soil,was using around a gallon and 1qt of water,only for bottom resovior.then i started givng it 1 gallon of water,next day giving it 1 qt of water,sometime i wud water the top with the qt. of water,that made a lot of feeder roots grow.now who else is using split applications of water.this caused the plant to take up the water faster.anyone doing something like this.using florescence 40 watt 3 fixtures=240 watts......jungle city....mm/
moonymonkey is offline Quote

Old 12-26-2017, 07:48 PM #698
MaryMaven
Alchemist of Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonymonkey View Post
i use earth boxes,good we you can't b around for a week at a time.using 5 gallons of soil,was using around a gallon and 1qt of water,only for bottom resovior.then i started givng it 1 gallon of water,next day giving it 1 qt of water,sometime i wud water the top with the qt. of water,that made a lot of feeder roots grow.now who else is using split applications of water.this caused the plant to take up the water faster.anyone doing something like this.using florescence 40 watt 3 fixtures=240 watts......jungle city....mm/

Hi, Moonymonkey!

I, too, use split watering now since reading Dave Coulier's Afropip Durban Poison thread. I do pretty much as he describes - I bottom feed for about 30 minutes, then remove the plants from the solution pouring out whatever is left in the trays that they didn't soak up and quick dropping and tilting that plants when I lift them out to disrupt the PWT. While they are getting their heavy watering like that, I also lightly water from the top with a syringe with my Z7 1+2 in it and anything else I'm adding that day.

And you are right - they are up-taking and using a lot more water this way, and growth has been MUCH more robust since I started doing it this way!

Peace,
Maven

Last edited by MaryMaven; 12-26-2017 at 08:01 PM..

Old 12-26-2017, 08:45 PM #699
Jellyfish
Invertebrata intoxica

Jellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snook View Post
Originally Posted by larry badiner View Image
if your seedlings are streching out, they will eventually grow straight under strong enough light.

All these years I thought this to be 'normal'. Yes they will right themselves but I just ad more media around said seedling. It stands up fine after that..
That's true, but for that to work, you had to have thought ahead to leave enough room in your container for more medium.
Jellyfish is offline Quote

Old 12-26-2017, 09:29 PM #700
Betterhaff

Betterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant future
As seedlings begin to produce their own sugars and building blocks they will utilize these for additional cell growth, in addition to apical growth there will also be lateral growth (strengthening the stem).

Ever notice what happens when seeds are germinated and grown in total darkness? They’re leggy, pale, and flopping over. They’re using stored food reserves for apical growth, searching for light.
Betterhaff is offline Quote