What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

H3ad goes Coco

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
starting at 6.8 your ph is gonna be close to 5.8 when you mix in nutes... between 5.7 and 6 I wouldn't worry too much.

whodi

Veteran
H3ad, or anyone that may know...

Would adding 1 teaspoon of KoolBLoom to the 6/9 formula at 4-7 weeks of flowering burn the plants?

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
I doubt it would, but can't say for sure... If you use it, let us know your results...
side by side would be fun... one kb'd one not...

sirshamus

Thanks for the info guys, think I will pick up the cal mag just incase, cause I'm having some brown spots right now, lol. Still in ffof right now, but not for long.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I love Coco!!!! I just did a side by side with 2 of my GDP in the soil I had been using and 2 put in Ready Gro Coco and damn!!!!

Coco ladies on the left look how much bigger they are and were flowered at the same height!

duddits

whodi said:
H3ad, or anyone that may know...

Would adding 1 teaspoon of KoolBLoom to the 6/9 formula at 4-7 weeks of flowering burn the plants?

Do you plan to add the kb first and then subtract those ppm's from the micro and bloom? For example, after adding Kool Bloom you might end up going with 4ml micro and 6 ml bloom per gal?
That's the way I'm trying it, adding Big Bud. Appreciate feedback.

G

gdawg

i just got some gh flora 3 part nutes from a friend and about to switch over from pbp for a minute, well at least 1 table. cant wait to start thanks again for the info head

TBug

Plz forget you know me...Sugaree
Veteran
Grat3fulh3ad said:
starting at 6.8 your ph is gonna be close to 5.8 when you mix in nutes... between 5.7 and 6 I wouldn't worry too much.
High h3ad! Just wanted to say that when im done reading 20+ pages ill say more...lol.
Ive always been a hydro/Aero guy but have been loving this coco thanks to the Postman. Which, he of course got good knowlege from you, and shared with me..lol. I have a lil side-by-side going with coco vs aero in my chemdog thread atm, but thats neither here nor there...lol.
Your thread has been very helpful so far and I just found it..lol. I would like to ask you a few more questions if you dont mind. Ill wait till im done reading, of course, as to avoid repetiveness...lol. I am curently creating an entire room for coco...lol, and I really dont even know what im doing! Just seems like I cant go wrong with this stuff...lol!
Peace and thanks, bugout:Bolt:

one Q

Quality
Veteran
Head, Lucas mentions that ppl should use a lesser, 5/10, ratio for "low light." So I wonder if this may be the case for yours as well. Could there be a need to use a bit less for ppl using CFLs or 250s?

And if I may, what size light do you use, Im sure it's a lot since you breed.

wickedpete66

using the gh 3 part flora series calculator at 5ml grow, 5ml micro an 12ml bloom. I get a profile of
NN AN UN P K Ca Mg S Fe Mn Zn Cu B Mo Co
87 8 0 81 185 67 54 72 1.5 0.6 0.1 0.1 0 0.01 0
Total PPM 555
this is pretty close to the lucas formula of n100-p100-k200-mg60, but will it work for coco? Also is this an every watering formula?

Last edited:

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
one Q said:
Head, Lucas mentions that ppl should use a lesser, 5/10, ratio for "low light." So I wonder if this may be the case for yours as well. Could there be a need to use a bit less for ppl using CFLs or 250s?

And if I may, what size light do you use, Im sure it's a lot since you breed.
800 watts veg and 2600 watts flowering.

E

eidanyosoy

Head I have gone coco and Lucas now! Between your thread and my buddies insistence on Coco, as I have alwasy used LF. So far I have all my Chem Double D and my Double Strawberry D in it as of now in my veg side, and I must say I am impressed so far. Thanks for the great read.

sirshamus

Just over a week in with coco and wow, cannot believe the amount of roots on the outside bottom of the pot. Thanks for the kick ass informative thread!

G

gdawg

hey head ive been on your gh formula a lil over a weeek now and the results are great. everything is even lookin better, no more pbp for me, ill be stockin up on the gh this week. got a q though ever use the diamond nectar? my buddy gave me a gallon of that stuff along with the gh nutes. so far i havent had to adjust my ph, havent even checked it, both my meters are untrusty lil bitches but my plants are saying everythings fine. :joint:

sirshamus

quick question....what is the best technique for transplanting when there are roots growing on the outside bottom of the pot, i mean the whole bottom is covered, roots everywhere. do you just pull out the rootball or cut it. any info is appreciated.

straight reggie said:
great thread, if i ever stop using flora nova i'll be sure to try this

so i recently finished a run with heads formula. i used 1/2 gal grow bags, vegged for 2wks under a 600w hps. i had 3 plants total hand watered. two plants were .8oz dry on my cheap kitchen scale and another 1oz dry. i wish i had a better scale but here is a pic to show yall my results with heads formula. i think i did pretty well for 1/2 gal bags. but im not gonna use heads formula for the next run. im using FNB & FNG and other additives. then after that im gonna do a run with the house & garden line. hey im relativity a noob gotta see what works best for me as far as nutes. one thing i do know is im loving coco especially if i can get this much outta 1/2 gal bags

Last edited:
G

gdawg

hey head im just lovin how my girls are lookin. i added some diamond nectar at 1/2 ml per gallon in this rez but i didnt like how it jacked up my ppms. im not gonna use it again unless i see some huge difference. i stuck my meter in the other day just for shits and giggles...6.0 hmmm can it be trusted? :bashhead:

Latest posts

Latest posts