What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Slaughterbots...the integration and militarization of today's drone technologies

paper thorn

Veteran
My brother was a developer for Amazon a few years ago and he told me about how they would have brainstorming conferences with Bezos, where they would come up with ideas like drone package delivery.
One meeting they were talking about how you could have dragonfly sized drones that each carry a charge, maybe a 22 bullet. they would use facial recognition to find someone and fly down to his eye and bam!
they joked about having a 55 gallon drum of them and open it up and let them fly, or even a shipping container with millions of them.
CIA Geeks like Bezos thinking of how to murder millions with tech...

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
the Turks just came up with a military uniform material that makes things invisible to infrared and electronic sensors. also if you wear a mask it won't be able to do facial recognition to identify you. then there is good old fashioned nets. but yeah it's a scary world we are living in, just imagine if terrorists managed to hack these things. don't tell me they can't be hacked either. sooner or later everything is hackable.

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
:D But Doc, doesn't this mean that the 2nd Amendment and justification for the right to bare arms is now obsolete?:whistling:

Nope....one word: Tyranny. Can't create a tyrannical atmosphere via AI bots alone, to do it right it---will always require humans (it is that opposing thumb thing...lol).

Leaf Eater

Don't forget about Biometric verification
Biometric verification is any means by which a person can be uniquely identified by evaluating one or more distinguishing biological traits. Unique identifiers include fingerprints, hand geometry, earlobe geometry, retina and iris patterns, voice waves, DNA, and signatures. Retinal scans and iris scans. A retinal scan is a biometric technique that uses the unique patterns on a person's retina blood vessels.

NASA has developed a method for verifying the identity of a person based on his or her heartbeat electrocardiogram signal. The technique uses an algorithm that has been shown to be more reliable than other current procedures, such as fingerprint verification and retina verification.

This technique has proven to be more reliable than other methods of detecting biometric identifiers from heart signals. It eliminates artifacts and abnormal beats, thereby reducing overall error. The process automatically extracts from one or more electrocardiographic leads (channels) a set of biometric features which are characteristic to an individual and can be employed to verify the identity of one individual or to identify an individual from a group.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Soon every home will need a battery of anti-mini-drone missiles no bigger than toothpicks to create a dome of defense around your house or apartment.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
That thing comes after me I will find a way to hold it down and fuck it.

That will teach it a lesson.

On a serious note, why don't they focus on creating a bot that would mow my lawn, landscape, plant my garden, pull weeds. Plant recognition software for the win!

Would electromagnetic pulse stop this dumbass bot?

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Soon.....we will all be amazed at the introduction of the A.I. anti-spidermite predator drone.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
That thing comes after me I will find a way to hold it down and fuck it.

That will teach it a lesson.

On a serious note, why don't they focus on creating a bot that would mow my lawn, landscape, plant my garden, pull weeds. Plant recognition software for the win!

is this where the term 'needle dick' comes from Lester??:biggrin:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lester Beans said:

Irradiate the bastards w home made microwave weapons.
Might work... Idk...

I think an EMP would do the trick as well but building a device (other than a nuke) to make an EMP large enough could prove difficult.

I've read about some very interesting technologies when I search for "Scalar weapons".

Latest posts

Latest posts