What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New way of feminizing?

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
those polen produced in this way are much safer
to get proper progeny than with STS induced reversing.

I don't know what's your problem with STS...if the formula fits, it fits. The resulting plants surely don't differ from the ones with your method.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
seems it would be a solid tech for those without the means or gumption to purchase STS or to make their own CS.

just sayin', even you could do it...

thnx Dogstar, you learned me something new.

Dog Star

Veteran
Again.. its not mine method.. am not such a egoistic person to claim things are mine or some knowledge if its not mine...

am sincere with you and need to add that i suffer from PTSD,today is not mine day
also,i get pissed easy... and people comment stuff they didnt try.. thats a fact..

on the other hand stress induced by STS have bigger possibility of herms in progeny,
special tip in those method bringed by those person that explained me those tech
was that this kind of reversing where you move roots is much better and you will
create fems with better possibility of final stability.

In the end why to use STS if you could do it whithouth STS??

And made better product whithouth any chems...

Now i sprouting seeds and i have some plants that i could reverse this new way...

enough of empty talks,will made tutorial for nonbelivers with explanation..
why not to have some fem polen in a arsenal.. will made some feminized seeds....

if there is more folks with balls let made this together and to show everybody
what ICMAG growers can do..!??

First in this kind of reversing i will put a GSC forum x LBL.. will show pics soon..

and what i did to plant..

All the best

Dog Star

Veteran
Thanx Trichrider for kind words,

am glad there are a folks that wish to listen.... very appreciated.. a light at the end of a tunnel..

Positive vibes your way..

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
Only Ornamental cutted roots of a plants,repoted them and they didnt do nothing...
again same mistake.. he didnt put them in flowering but live them in vegetative ciclus
after repoting and plant didnt reverse... whoooa.. how much times i will need to
repeat..

so next time after you cut a roots live them in flowering regime and then look what happends with plants,if you repot them and live in vegetative ciclus than dont expect she will reverse ever..
That's semi-correct; I repoted during the time plants started flowering but I grow outdoors and the sun doesn't just switch from summer to fall but nights get longer just bit by bit and the plants start flowering bit by bit. Sure, there is a day where you say "Bam! Now it's in flowering" but you don't see the day when flower induction really started.

I appreciate if someone shares his knowledge and experience. Hence, I wouldn't dare criticising you, let alone in a negative way. I simply rectify, supplement, contribute, or explain (mostly the scientific stuff) in detail where needed but I try to stay as matter-of-factly as possible.
I didn't say the method explained by you doesn't work, I simply said that your explanations of the biological processes leading to flowering and/or sex reversal are incorrect ;) .
True, I'm rather critical regarding that method and even more regarding it being better than STS because STS inhibits mostly the effect of ethylene and hence is not regarded as "stress" whereas removing plant parts such as roots really stresses plants (wounding, short-term inhibition of nutrient absorption such as calcium etc.) and messes with several plant hormones (which often participate in cannabis sex determination, less in flower induction). I don't believe that root pruning is a safer way than STS, I can't prove it though. It's simply an educated guess and what logic implies.
Which method gives more stable aka less hermie-prone offspring remains to be proven but is, as you said yourself, more a matter of choosing the right parents. A technique of reversing is just a means to an end but doesn't (shouldn't) alter the offspring's behaviour. It can, however, make the breeder pick the wrong parents because the method used induces sex reversal better in certain (un-)wanted individuals than in others.

Apropos changing DNA: Plants can inherit non-coded information through DNA silencing. This effect can be induced for example by predators (or severe wounding like pruning or heavy metal stress and silver is a heavy metal) and astonishingly manifest not in the affected mother plant but just the offspring. And, what astonishes me as much as it does the team who discovered it, this epigenetic regulation can be inherited over several generations. This however is a rather recent scientific finding in a model organism (GMO too) under model conditions (lab) and simply proves the possibility of the inheritance of "learned" things in plants.
Anyway, it seems possible or even very likely that what we do to pants and how we treat them reflects in the offspring. It's common "knowledge" that growing some bag seed cannabis for a few generations in your garden will result in "better" plants. Till fairly recently, this was attributed to changes in the genetic code caused by things like hybrid vigour, survival of the fittest etc. But now we also (think to) know that the plants learn about their surrounding/environment and pass it on to the offspring without altering DNA.
And now I start deviating too much...

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
This method is method of reversing a plants whithouth any chemical compound,

that is most important to point up,you dont need nothing from chemicals to reverse
your plant,you will made this mechanical after you use plastic pots as a qey
to catch better root tips,roots will circling or squaring around pot walls
and you will just cut them of from all sides 5-7 mm deep in soil mix,repot plant in new pot with some new mix and put him again on flowering in flowering regime of light ciclus.

Its like somebody explaining a tech about taking clones...

would you know to take them from a first time if you never tried before???

Off course you will.. its a very simple to do... same stuff is with those reversing..

very easy after you know what kind of pots you need to use,in what time you need to made this and where flowering hormone is positioned..

Also Elmer i think i asked you about what DNA you talking in previous post???

You could atleast answer if you wish we have inteligent and logic conversation...

all i know i didnt mention any DNA changing or altering in any way so i dont know
why you mention DNA in your post...???

Thinking is not knowing... and those hormone could be spreaded thru hole plant but
in smaller quantities while fact tell as that if you wish to exchange your plant sex
whithouth chems you could do it very simple by cutting a root tips..

that will exchange sex in plant,reverse her... so maybe we talk two different things..

you talk on florigen... while i talk about reversing a plants whithouth any chems..

thread title is,just to mention.. New Way Of Feminizing.. if i am not wrong...

G `day Doggie

The DNA determines the sexuality of the offspring .
No change to the DNA = no change to the sexuality .

So breed a solid female expect solid females . Breed herms expect herms . No matter the reversal tech . I was getting a message from you of less or no herms with the root pruning tech ?

Sharing new techs is good . Saying one is better than another without trialing it yourself doesn`t fill me with confidence .

The bias you use in your language makes me feel like using silver to reverse is morally wrong some how ?

The silver is temporary . And localised . Spray one branch only it will reverse . Revegg the plant and stop spraying silver it will eventually grow normally .

There is obviously a relationship between roots and shoots . That we don`t fully understand ATM . Why do some plants herm as seed plants but thrive as cuttings ?

Have a think about what I said re florigen and vegging plants under 12/ 12 or less . Keep removing the tips the plant doesn`t flower and keeps growing . No florigen build up ...

Florigen triggers flower . Don`t think it influences sex .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
O.O. Wandering into Burbank territory there :"plants learn". No, in the same way a crashed car doesn't learn that bent bumpers are better than straight ones.
Don't get me wrong, I love your posts, just that one term always rubs me up the wrong way. Plants don't learn, they are affected.

Dog Star

Veteran
Was refer to root tips hormone.. or ethylene as MJ Passion told..

refered to ethylene cause we need to move him to reverse plant..

those florigen just fuzzle folks and i didnt mention florigen,dont push florigen to mine mouth as he is not crucial for reversing plants..

Lets say Elmer i give you now one good shoot of estrogen(female sexual hormone)...
would you start to produce tits,exchanging a voice,your skin will be softer and gentler..

did i exchange your DNA with administring a estrogen???

Off course not... if i cut your balls.. did i exchange your DNA???

Thing is and fact is that i can create woman from you if i wish but still i didnt exchange
your DNA,your DNA stays same,but fact is that you can be woman or male,depends
on sexual hormone and it doesnt change DNA in that process.

I could give you woman hormones and reverse you in this way or i can cut your balls
and you will become in some way feminized,you can read how Chinese
was treat prisoners of War before in History.. hope you understand what i wish
to say,am not interested in your male parts in reality..

Also i put GSC forum x LBL on this new reversing... experiment and tutorial starts soon..

P.S.-- I gived you message about this new tech that a number of herms is much lower than with STS method,from a mouth
of folks that already use this method and create great fems,Cloneman just confirms mine words,but there is more...

Dog Star

Veteran
Remember those East Germany weight lifters from 70ies...??

Those ladies was look as males and their DNA wasnt changed,their performance was amazing and strong as animals.. bloody hell what hormones can do.. miracles.. and what we can do with moving hormones out of plant... also miracles...

to learn anybody how to manipulate plant sexualy whithouth any chems is of lower quality than to do it with a STS???

I can only encounter is better of technology cause we dont use nothing for spraying..
just mechanical movement at certain time,repoting and voila.. i dont belive that
people will not like to have this trick in sleeve,specialy those ones that have
problems with buying silverthiosulphate and then mesuring right PPMs,
spraying plant,etc...

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran

Those ladies was look as males and their DNA wasnt changed,their performance was amazing and strong as animals.. bloody hell what hormones can do.. miracles.. and what we can do with moving hormones out of plant... also miracles...

to learn anybody how to manipulate plant sexualy whithouth any chems is of lower quality than to do it with a STS???

I can only encounter is better of technology cause we dont use nothing for spraying..
just mechanical movement at certain time,repoting and voila.. i dont belive that
spraying plant,etc...

That's not the point you were trying to make in your rant about STS. You've tried convince us that these were unstable and of bad quality, whatever. I like your plan to show different options for feminizing but you shouldn't base your efforts on misinformation.

Dog Star

Veteran
Are we talking here Guy on New way of Feminizing or we talk about STS??

Its your thread by the way... maybe you dont get what you started,but i like that you like i explaining you something new...

Not mine claim but i belive to that person that this kind of fems are better than STS
created ones.. if you wish you belive me or not.. its freedom in the end.

Dog Star

Veteran
Have feel with some persons in thread they act hostile while i only bringed
some knowledge to thread... act like talibans when you give them knowledge is
not a way i will stay here and post further..

enjoy your STSing,am anyway gived what i intented to give to good people that understand me well...

haved a good feel you raise mine nervs before and this stops here right away..

Enough of negativity,this thread activated only trolls that dont bring nothing constructive to table and while i give mine best they troll me with absurdities,thats also our community...

Good people can contact me to ask me for mine experiment on new way of reversing,think on positive posters in this thread...,with trolls i dont share..

Goodbye

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
O.O. Wandering into Burbank territory there :"plants learn". No, in the same way a crashed car doesn't learn that bent bumpers are better than straight ones.
Don't get me wrong, I love your posts, just that one term always rubs me up the wrong way. Plants don't learn, they are affected.
Smart cars (or rather a smart program/board computer) could learn that when driver A ignores the speed limit on highway B on a weekend chances are that the drive ends with an accident and it switches on the speed limit program or something like that ;) .
I'm not feeling very comfortable with the expression "plants learn" either but I'm biased and that's why I put the term in quotation marks.
Here are three interesting review articles on plants and "learning" or rather memory functions in plants. The first two even use the term learning ;) .
- Smart Plants
- Reconsidering Plant Memory
- Stress Memory in Plants
And another, older one on the role of epigenetics in plant adaptation. It's not the one I was looking for but it's close...

Anyway, the real point was that plants can inherit response reactions to things they encounter during their lives, something humans allegedly aren't able to. There's always more to it than meets the eye and things we take for proven or logic may be the mockery of tomorrow.

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Are we talking here Guy on New way of Feminizing or we talk about STS??

Its your thread by the way... maybe you dont get what you started,but i like that you like i explaining you something new...

Not mine claim but i belive to that person that this kind of fems are better than STS
created ones.. if you wish you belive me or not.. its freedom in the end.

As I said, I like the new ideas that you bring up. It's just not correct that STS produces bad plants. It's not even that different from your method. In the end hormones get manipulated, even with your method. It's not like Sts treated plants become radioactive or something ...

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I guess one advantage is you could still smoke the stresses plant's buds and you don't have to buy watched chemicals. No daily spraying like CS. Dont know if it would work with autos though, the timing would be tricky if at all possible.

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I guess one advantage is you could still smoke the stresses plant's buds and you don't have to buy watched chemicals. No daily spraying like CS. Dont know if it would work with autos though, the timing would be tricky if at all possible.

I didn't find much about silver thiosulphate being poisonous, but you're right, I still wouldn't consume it.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran

spraying plant,etc...

G `day Doggie

Comparing plants and humans is not a good model .

Female Canna plants can make pistillate or staminate flowers .And then revert to regular growth . . Humans on hormones can`t produce eggs instead of sperm or vice versa .
Self fertilise themselves ? Partial reversal of a plant ? How does all that relate to communist East Germany ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

weedtoker

Veteran
I didn't find much about silver thiosulphate being poisonous, but you're right, I still wouldn't consume it.

And I'm guessing you never heard of photographers old school "tattoo's" right? Silver nitrate "burns" on UV reaction, it's not the end of the world onto the skin, just some mild poisoning during a lifetime of bio-acumulation to give ya some blisters, maybe even some cancer man :comfort:. I've written some days ago a short guide to pass along outside the webz because of the fears/demystifying some of the material/preparations on femming with sts, and altough I'm of the advent/experience on other matter that silver nitrate is not cyanide (still sound to use gloves, glasses, long-sleeve/coat), saying "[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I didn't find much about silver thiosulphate being poisonous" is a sign that you didn't do a simple search. Sorry, but just because someone says it... :dance013:

Anyway, this seems to be derailing as many things lately have turn into this black & white/ schlong measurement game, so here's to another spurr of info that will be left for those who want to find it in the middle of 10 pages of convo. Ah foruns, and people wonder why they're becoming deserts...

still, keep them resiny,
cheers

[/FONT]

djonkoman

Veteran
sts is not exactly the same as silver nitrate though. I would still be carefull with it, but my experience is that sts doesn't stain skin like silver nitrate.

after making the stock solutions and mixing my sts I had a few small black dots on my hands for a while, despite using disposable nitrile gloves, a labcoat and safety glasses. must've gotten a few small droplets on my hands while taking off the gloves, or maybe a few pinprick sized holes.

however, I've also gotten some drops of diluted sts-solution on my hands while treating the plants, and didn't get any staining from that. I still try to not get anything on my hands and wash my hands afterwards, but I don't worry too much about a drop touching my skin. (btw, I now use a 3 ml pipette to drip drops directly on the nodes, if I were spraying I would wear safety glasses and take care to not inhale the mist, to be sure. but with the pipette there are no droplets flying around, so I don't wear glasses or a mouth-cover)

Latest posts

Latest posts