What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

afghan and red trichomes

igrowone

Veteran
i have seen this posted in various places
it's a practice of ripening right into december, pick when it's frost cured and snow on the ground
trichomes get a reddish color, or so the story goes
who has actually seen this? i searched this forum and not seeing anything much on afghan trichomes particulars

i will put this in context., ripening an old mazar sb freebie
at 10 weeks it's all clear trichomes, healthy, but a rather small compact plant

YetiOG

i have seen this posted in various places
it's a practice of ripening right into december, pick when it's frost cured and snow on the ground
trichomes get a reddish color, or so the story goes
who has actually seen this? i searched this forum and not seeing anything much on afghan trichomes particulars

i will put this in context., ripening an old mazar sb freebie
at 10 weeks it's all clear trichomes, healthy, but a rather small compact plant

Red trichrome dosent sound good. Might be visually appealing but I would suspect wouldn t help the the level.

I've smoked weed that has been hit by frost. Half the plant one the one side got it the other half didn't anyway the guy who gave it to me said try both and tell him which was better after would tell me what's up, so I did he told me the nasty shit was frost damaged... so yeah frost damaged weed least then was not good but neat experiment can't hurt to find out what's uo

igrowone

Veteran
it's hard for me to guess what a red trichome looks like
amber with a red tinge? or something else?
i'd agree with you on a lot of strains, frost may equal crap
but i've seen this method mentioned in a number of places, it sounds like it might work for certain afghan cultivars

igrowone

Veteran
If they are red it's probably because your plants are overripe and the THC is degrading into CBN.

that's what we're taught here
and may well be true for the hybrids we commonly grow
but seen much praise for certain afghan hashes
there is good indoor, and there's good outdoor
some of the old afghan hash often described as very relaxing and anxiety free
i would like that if i can get it

edit: and yes, i've seen that chart many times, not saying it's bad, but maybe it's not the whole story

Lrus007

Veteran
depends on the strain.
i have a plant that makes red hash.
enjoy Lrus007

Attachments

• red hash.jpg
    red hash.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 12

Lrus007

Veteran
is something i made in 1982.
had no name. we did not name most pot
back then. has hash tasting buds. so some
called it a hashplant. when i got onto the net
was asked what it's called ? so i call it Lhp.
Lrus007

Attachments

• lhp1.jpg
    lhp1.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 9

igrowone

Veteran
back in the day, i think i recall red lebanese hash, or at least the stories about it
there was columbian hash too that supposedly was of a red color
the lebanese was the top shelf stuff
the columbian interestingly didn't have much of a rep
but where the red came from, that i don't know for sure

William76

back in the day, i think i recall red lebanese hash, or at least the stories about it
there was columbian hash too that supposedly was of a red color
the lebanese was the top shelf stuff
the columbian interestingly didn't have much of a rep
but where the red came from, that i don't know for sure

Yea,red leb was excellent,real clean hash,tasted great but for me and my friends it was the high from it that made it stand out,put u in the zone,lol, also the original apollo 13 had phenos that made red keef/hash from as well.76

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
yep there was defo "red leb" in the late 70s-early 80s,,,,zero-zero or nep temple ball was always more desirable way back then though,,,,
red leb was a rusty colour if i remember right but its not far off 40 yrs ago......s2

Gry

album.php
picture.php
album.php
Used to get it in white cotton bags with cedar trees stamped on the outside of the bag. Bags about the size of a book. Have a bunch put away somewhere.
Quality varied over time, sometimes it was amazing.
There are times when I exhale OG, that I can not help but feel there is linkage between it and that hash.
Pulled the picture off the net, but it has that familiar look.

igrowone

Veteran
^^^ that be the blonde i think
that i had some of way back, but much tinier pieces
the lebanese is interesting, sativa hash maybe?
most other hashes were mabe more indica

Farm Hero

I've seen red, yellow and purple trichomes on flowers. The yellow reminds me of parmesan cheese sprankles on pizza.

Using our cheese skunk the RSO (Rick Simpson Oil) is red if held up to a bright light, however the oil does appear black to the casual observer.

rolandomota

i bought a quarter pound for 35 in Mexico once that had that old weed smell as in stored for a long time and it had red tricomes i though it was probably just the age of it

Unk_OG

Red Hash

Red Hash

I live near large Middle Eastern population. I got this at a dispensary close to that population, about 6 months ago. It was red, soft and amazing. I don’t believe it was made in this country. Lol.

Attachments

• 5EE0C4EB-A10C-4084-AB97-4516D8EA6AF5.jpg
    5EE0C4EB-A10C-4084-AB97-4516D8EA6AF5.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 13

Latest posts

Latest posts