What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Weird - Wacky - Funny News

R

Robrites

519d9yb352f11.jpg

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
and an amazingly vast number of ...(I'm having a hard time coming up with the exact words...?>:wtf:) will fill it out and send it in...

R

Robrites

Texas woman arrested for marijuana takes mugshot, gets requests for makeup tips

A Texas woman was arrested earlier this year, and her glamorous mugshot has sparked requests for a makeup tutorial.
Marshala Perkins, 19, of Dallas, was arrested for marijuana possession on Feb. 6, the Star-Telegram reported Wednesday. Her mugshot was posted to the "Mugshot Baes" Twitter account, in which photos of attractive arrested women are featured.
In her mugshot, Perkins appears to have her facial makeup contoured, with bright pink eyeshadow, with a hint of sparkles, and false eyelashes.
picture.php

Perkins told the newspaper that the night she was booked, she was just "bored," adding, "I was just going to go out with my friends looking the way I was looking," she said.
One Twitter user quote-tweeted the photo, and said, "We need a tutorial! Free her!" which received 280,000 likes as of Thursday.

The aspiring makeup artist said she had performed a tutorial on Facebook Live before she'd gone out with her friends the night she was arrested.
"I sat in my car for like two minutes waiting on my friends and while I was waiting a police car pulled up right behind me," Perkins said.

The officer, after running her license and registration, reportedly smelled marijuana and asked her to get out of the car. Perkins said the cop found two grams of marijuana in the vehicle.
Initially embarrassed that her mugshot was posted by police online, the former Texas A&M University at Commerce student has since come to appreciate the newfound appreciation for her makeup skills.
"Someone has reached out to me about starting my own makeup line. It’s crazy. My mind is blown," Perkins told the Telegram. "Now it’s turned into something so positive so I’m just going to embrace it and see where it takes me.

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Woman held in Dubai with daughter after drinking wine on flight

Woman held in Dubai with daughter after drinking wine on flight

A woman was detained in Dubai for three days with her four-year-old daughter after drinking a complimentary glass of wine on a flight from London, an NGO has said.

Ellie Holman, a dentist originally from Sweden who lives in Sevenoaks, Kent, with her English partner, Gary, and their three children, was denied water and made to clean toilets while in custody, according to the human rights group Detained in Dubai.

The NGO, formed to help people held in the United Arab Emirates, said it was representing the woman and her daughter Bibi, who was “terrified” by the experience.
Holman, 44, was arrested on 13 July after having one glass of wine on her eight-hour Emirates flight, the group said.

She was taken into custody after an immigration official questioned her about her visa and asked if she had consumed alcohol.

Holman and her daughter were initially denied food, water and access to a toilet while being held in a cell together for three days, the group said.

She faces being detained in Dubai for up to a year while awaiting a court hearing.

The group said Holman and her daughter were travelling to Dubai for a five-day break to visit friends, having visited several times before.

After landing, she was questioned by an immigration official, who said her visa was invalid and she must return to London immediately, the group said.

Holman claimed he was “dismissive and rude” when she asked if she could buy another visa, and was then questioned about her alcohol consumption, which she admitted.

She filmed him on her phone as evidence of his behaviour before learning this was an offence, and that it was illegal to drink alcohol, according to the group.

The pair were taken into custody and their phones and passports were confiscated before Holman was asked to give a blood sample to test for alcohol consumption. She is said to have been refused the chance to phone her partner and was then held in a cell.

In a statement from the group, Holman claimed the guards tried to rip out her hair extensions and described the prison as hot and “foul-smelling”. She said the pair were made to sleep on a “filthy” mattress and she was told to clean toilets and floors.

“My little girl had to go to the toilet on the cell floor. I have never heard her cry in the same way as she did in that cell,” she said.

“The food [we were given] smelled like rotting garbage and neither Bibi or I could face trying it. I stayed awake for the whole three days.

“By now, Gary knew something was wrong and had flown to Dubai to look for me. Friends had found out I was in jail and tried to visit. Nobody was allowed to see us. We were not even told.”

She was released on bail and told her passport would remain confiscated until the case was concluded. She said she has lost more than £30,000 in legal fees and missed work.

Holman is spending time with her other two children, who have flown out to Dubai to see her after Gary returned home with Bibi.

Radha Stirling, the chief executive of Detained in Dubai, said: “The UAE maintains a deliberately misleading facade that alcohol consumption is perfectly legal for visitors.

“Tourists cannot be blamed for believing that the Emirates are tolerant of western drinking habits, but this is far from reality.

“It is wholly illegal for any tourist to have any level of alcohol in their blood, even if consumed in flight and provided by Dubai’s own airline. It is illegal to consume alcohol at a bar, a hotel and a restaurant, and if breathalysed, that person will be jailed.”

Stirling has called on the Foreign Office and the UK government to do more to “protect” British nationals, and claimed airlines were “complicit” and needed to be held accountable.

The Foreign Office and Emirates have been contacted for comment.

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/aug/10/woman-held-in-dubai-with-daughter-for-drinking-glass-of-wine-on-flight

RMS

:smoweed:

shithawk420

Veteran
FUCK THE UAE! That's fucking terrible.and these are the same billionaire cocksuckers that have sex with boys and pay women to piss and shit on them.its the truth.the cities are truly spectacular but I wouldn't visit if you paid me.fucking scum of the earth

R

Robrites

PSA: Drunk, Belligerent Wasps Are Terrorizing Beer Gardens

PSA: Drunk, Belligerent Wasps Are Terrorizing Beer Gardens

Wasps are not chill drunks.

How much cider does it take to get a wasp drunk is not, as it turns out, a riddle. Rather, it's a real problem, considering the answer is “very little” and the result is irritable, sting-happy wasps.
Recently, the Daily Mail (stay with me) proclaimed that, “Britain is under attack from 'lager lout' wasps who are going on stinging rampages after getting drunk on fermented fruit and leftover pub-garden cider,” which is big, if true. Their story cites the Sussex Wildlife Trust, so we reached out to the British conservation charity ourselves to find out whether this was indeed a whole new way that the world just sorta sucks.
Charlotte Owen, a ‘Wildcall Officer,’ explained that drunk wasps are indeed an issue, but that this is in fact a regular, annual phenomenon of wasps worldwide.
The zoological explanation has to do with a quirk of wasp dietary habits. Worker wasps, who cannot reproduce, spend their lives sourcing food for the growing larvae back in the nest. The adult wasps, however, cannot actually digest the invertebrates that serve as baby food and instead subsist on flower nectar and a “sugar-rich spit” produced by the larvae. Towards the end of the summer, the nectar starts to dry up just as the nest reaches capacity and the Queen wasp stops laying more larvae—and suddenly, there’s not enough food for all the worker wasps, who start scrounging for other sources of sustenance. They’re particularly drawn to fallen, fermenting fruit and sugary beverages like beer and cider. And, according to Owen, “anything alcoholic will of course have a similar effect on their systems as it does on ours,” so the wasps get, quite literally, drunk on “a quick sip of cider.”

This means not only that wasps are hanging around alfresco aperitifs more than usual in search of some sugar, but also that those wasps are likely to get soused and start stinging. If you’ve ever thought that wasps seem like significantly more of a nuisance at the very end of summer, you should feel vindicated.
It’s possible, too, that the problem is especially pronounced this year in Britain if, as the Daily Mail claims, weather conditions indeed caused wasp season to start several weeks earlier than usual, in turn putting the nests at maximum capacity earlier. Elsewhere, the extreme heatwaves and droughts of this summer could be causing nectar-producing flowers to wither, leaving wasps hungrier for a sip of your drink.
Which might be ok, if only they could learn to hold their alcohol.

shithawk420

Veteran
you dirty hippy you!but yeah,i was thinking the same thing!

but seriously is no one gonna talk about that UEA problem?thats bullshit.no water or food for 3 days cause she drank wine on a plane?and the child too?thats wrong

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
She had the potential to still be a knockout, but she could also have become a fat, toothless meth skank...

Let's hope the former and not the later....

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Not Weird Or Wacky - For Once Justice Prevails - Fuck Monsanto

Not Weird Or Wacky - For Once Justice Prevails - Fuck Monsanto

Vtvzsfb.png

[YOUTUBEIF]ovKw6YjqSfM[/YOUTUBEIF]

RMS

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Killer whale still carrying dead baby after 16 days - Sad

Killer whale still carrying dead baby after 16 days - Sad

_102901940_orca2.jpg

A killer whale has captured the world's attention by carrying her dead calf on her back for 16 days.
The mother whale was first spotted carrying her dead calf on 24 July, off the shore of Vancouver Island.
Researchers studying the Southern Resident killer say she is still carrying her baby, as of Wednesday.
Killer whales have been known to carry dead calves for as long as a week, but scientists believe this mother "sets a record".
"Maybe this is just her own way of just getting past the loss of another baby. She's probably lost two more in the past decade. It's got to be tragic for these animals to lose these babies, and it's happening at a record pace," said senior scientist Ken Balcomb, who works at the Centre for Whale Research, which studies the Southern Resident whale population.
The calf is believed to have died on 24 July, but Mr Balcomb said researchers do not have a cause of death.
Both Canada and the US list the Southern Resident killer whale as endangered. The whales depend on Chinook salmon - which have been in dramatic decline in recent years - for food.

_102901941_orca3.jpg

The community of three pods, made up of some 75 whales, including the mother who is called J35, is frequently encountered off the southern end of Vancouver Island in Canada and in inland marine waters of Washington state in the US.
Only about a third of the Southern Resident killer whales that have been born in the last 20 years survive. No pregnancies in the last three years have successfully produced viable offspring, the centre says.
Another young whale in her pod, J50, is very emaciated and scientists are working out a rescue plan for the animal.
Mr Balcomb said the mother's extended display of grief is unusual.
"We've seen mother whales carry dead babies briefly, for parts of a day. We saw one a few years back for a couple days. But this sets a record," he said.
He said for now all they can do is observe, as the mother appears to be healthy and eating.

Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45133855

RMS