What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto bx

Jwilly

Afghani x [lowryder#2 x afghani]. Lowryder#2 xafghani is the male and was an auto but i back crossed it to a differnt pheno of afghani hoping i get a shorter flowering afghani plant. Will any autos come from these seeds? Will the lowryder#2 lower quality? So i far i got 2 female phenos of this cross both are non autos but same height ,looks,smells ,nearly identical in every way . Any one ever do a cross like this?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
25%. Look at lower right square. bb It'll have some LR#2 in it along w/ photoperiod.

That's how true auto breeders do it (us, for instance). F1 you cross with auto again (F2), then bx (F3)to get stable auto. Takes time/effort. We then cross one more time (auto and F3) to ensure stable genes. Good luck!

Attachments

• 250px-Punnett_square_mendel_flowers.svg.png
    250px-Punnett_square_mendel_flowers.svg.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 54

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If your cross looks like (LR#2 x Affie) x Affie you will not realize any aitoflower traits until it is taken to the F2...

If you F2 the LR#2 x Affie you will get approx 25% auto flowering plants.

If you cross back to the LR#2 then you will see about 50% auto flowering plants.