What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Adding a Facebook Comments Section - The Easy Way ?

St. Phatty

Gosh darn I wish there was an easy way.

Can anybody recommend a clear tutorial about adding simple basic Facebook comments to a fairly simple mostly HTML web page? Or a Help forum.

As an example of what I want to do ==> at the World Surf League, at the bottom of an article about a surf contest.

https://www.worldsurfleague.com/posts/372660/behind-the-scenes-of-the-kai-show

That's all I want, nothing fancy. Simple basic Plain Vanilla Facebook comments section.

I respect all the privacy concerns. I'm not talking about adding FB to ICMag.

I'm adding the comments section to a website about a specific medical case. So that various pages can have comments from lay-people, doctors, and people that are interested in the neuro-chemical and electrical components of nerve function, in humans.

I'm using the Facebook Developers website ~
https://developers.facebook.com/

I'm in the App Review section. I have a feeling that the Developers section is built to accomodate a whole lot more options than the "Plain Vanilla" comments section that I'm looking for.

As far as the Help forums - - - well, that's you guys !!:woohoo:

I can handle if I have to go back to the App Review section 10 times before I get it right.

But I know for a plain vanilla website there is a way to just skate through the App set-up & Review section, in 10 minutes.

If you know how to do it. It look like they've added this push-button interface to what might normally be a humongous UNIX network programming task. Which buttons do I push ?!

attachment.php

Attachments

• facebook2.jpg
    facebook2.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 21