What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mighty Wurlitzer and Cannabis, history and intersection

Gry

Mid fifties I was in Port Mansfield as a kid. Spent Summers there.
Made it easy to run down and grab kilos as I got older.
Me and everyone else. Word was, it was tied to the Mexican oil industry.
By the early seventies, Rio Grand Valley felt like a lobby of a fast food joint.
I have always been amazed by the shear scale involved.

There was a book by Prouty published which spoke about Wurlitzer, that had an interesting history.
Entire warehouses full of the publication evaporated.
First editions are valued collectors items as a result.
Looking through it recently, something all but jumped out at me.
Allen Dulles had far more 'paperclip' people than he was authorized.
One of his favorite places to 'stash' the extras was the Mexican
oil industry.

So, we have a group of bright bored people being 'stashed' in an oil industry.

A few years later kilos of cannabis are being churned out like french fries.
Shear speculation on my part.
How far off base you think I am ?
What can you contribute ?

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
420giveaway
There was still a lot of butthurt being felt decades after Mexico nationalized the oil industry in the late '30's.
I imagine there were a few well placed operatives within PEMEX who took advantage of their connections and positions to import plenty of kilos at that time.
The CIA has never really tried to eliminate the drug trade but to manage it. That gets hands dirty and opens opportunities for those who choose to exploit that "management".

White Beard

I’ve never heard *anything* about this story, and I pride myself on being au courant where big-canvas back-stories are concerned, so you definitely have my interest aroused...

Last edited:

Gry

Again this is shear speculation on my part. Have seen numerous documents on how Dulles and later on, Nixon 'played the system' to bring those who never would have been allowed via conventional immigration.
Have seen repeated references to Permex being used to 'stash' excess numbers of paperclip
personal by Dulles.
The oil company was still quite involved with cannabis back in the sixties.
I think back on the very regular and consistent packaging, quality, and delivery,
that went on like clock work for years, and years and years.
Perhaps it is just an over active imagination, but I can't
help wonder if what we experienced had something to do with enterprising intel
people who saw an opportunity.
I continue to look for things of interest, once in a while it pays off.

St. Phatty

If they legalize drugs

All those cops violating people's 4th Amendment rights

asset forfeiture etc.

would lose power.

Sounds like progress to me !!!

Has any dem. candidate brought up the Civil War America's cops have declared on civilians, in the form of Asset Forfeiture ?

For one of the most recent years reported, cops stole more from US citizens than burglars did.

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
If they legalize drugs

All those cops violating people's 4th Amendment rights

asset forfeiture etc.

would lose power.

Sounds like progress to me !!!

Has any dem. candidate brought up the Civil War America's cops have declared on civilians, in the form of Asset Forfeiture ?

For one of the most recent years reported, cops stole more from US citizens than burglars did.
... that doesn't surprise me!