What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oregon Cannabis Wholesale Pricing and Market Info

PDX Dopesmoker

That's a great price, I don't think I would spend 80 grand on weed.

Dude, you did the math so you're clearly thinking about it.

kylekaz363, are you sure those weren't the prices for trim? Last season trim was in the 150-300 range.

A friend of mine sold his last indoor harvest for 17, he might still be making money if he wasn't growing in a fancy downtown apartment building, but at least this way he can guarantee that his bud is all class for sure.

packerfan79

Veteran
Dude, you did the math so you're clearly thinking about it.

kylekaz363, are you sure those weren't the prices for trim? Last season trim was in the 150-300 range.

A friend of mine sold his last indoor harvest for 17, he might still be making money if he wasn't growing in a fancy downtown apartment building, but at least this way he can guarantee that his bud is all class for sure.

I paid 1200 for 20 pounds of norcal trim, who ever pays 150-300 for trim is getting taken. That was delivered to me.

mushroombrew

Veteran
Up to 2500 for indoor OG's

2200 for top shelf indoor Dutch.

Haven't seen outdoor go over about 1000 in ages. 500-700 is everywhere. Norcal is half that.

Unclej503

If you deal directly with a dispensary on the rec market you can get ok numbers but wholesalers are offering $250-300 lb. For trimmed outdoor. If people are seeing better numbers for wholesale let me know please.

Eli Bloom

If you deal directly with a dispensary on the rec market you can get ok numbers but wholesalers are offering $250-300 lb. For trimmed outdoor. If people are seeing better numbers for wholesale let me know please.

wow that's outrageously low. so the wholesalers then sell it to dispensaries for 800-1200, doubling up and the dispensaries go and sell it for $35/eighth or something and come up 4x?

Brutal market for a grower. Makes me scared now that recs passing on the east coast.

P-NUT

Veteran
How many pound are the outdoor guys able to produce in 40000 sq ft? Seems to me at 250 per they wouldnt make shit. Hell at 500 seems they would barely survive. This legalization shit has ruined the market it seems. Nice for yall to not worry about prison but here in fl we get fucked cuz we cant produce that cheap. I thought about moving to oregon but prices that cheap wouldnt pay the bills. This legalization shit is total bullshit. Its like the already rich people and the government decided they can take all the money and leave us with crumbs.

Eli Bloom

How many pound are the outdoor guys able to produce in 40000 sq ft? Seems to me at 250 per they wouldnt make shit. Hell at 500 seems they would barely survive. This legalization shit has ruined the market it seems. Nice for yall to not worry about prison but here in fl we get fucked cuz we cant produce that cheap. I thought about moving to oregon but prices that cheap wouldnt pay the bills. This legalization shit is total bullshit. Its like the already rich people and the government decided they can take all the money and leave us with crumbs.

Look at industrial agriculture - they're able to be profitable selling bananas at less than 60 cents per pound after shipping them halfway around the world. The cannabis industry is trending towards scale and automation to realize the same efficiencies. There's still room for differentiation, here would be "craft cannabis", which could be likened to the higher price that organic produce fetches or higher still that one would see at a local farmers market.

It is super discouraging for legacy growers to watch industrialization.

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
On the Rec side I've been hearing the following numbers
1400 for outdoor
150 for trim outdoor

2000-2400 for indoor although some people have dropped prices for the fall to 1800
300 for trim indoor

On the other side I've been hearing crazy numbers
1600 for indoor
800 for outdoor (although I've heard numbers below 500 from the bay to norcal and up to 850) People will be stoked to get 1000

People are getting resistance on anything that tests less than 20% thc. Which is ridiculous, but it's how the market is currently working.

I know people can get numbers all over the place, but if someone asked $2500 for some OG in's as said above. They would get laughed out of any room I've been in. That's east coast pricing. So there's no margin in it. People are fronting their shit and happy to get 16 for it. At least those doing volume.

To answer someone else's question the 40k sq ft outdoor tier 2 can work, but you have to run it like a lean startup. It's the people bootstrapping their farms, that have already made most of the mistakes that should be okay. Those running 400 light indoor operations (tier 2 10k sqft indoor) are in for a rude awakening. Unless they're vertically integrated they'll have a tough time surviving. Especially if they have a sky high lease.

At $600-$800 per lb there's still margins, but you have to think outside the box. If you're not creating value added products you're leaving lots of revenue on the table. Scale helps as well, but I think that will come more into play in California where the market will be exponentially bigger. Time to think on your feet if you want to survive in this new world.

Lots of people digging deeper into the underground, but that shit is like a well that's going to run dry. Yes you can keep dropping the pump lower but it will eventually run dry.

PDX Dopesmoker

What are the taxes like in Oregon? I have been reading California is looking close to 50 %.

depends on where you are in the supply chain, but everyone pays five figure licensing fees and probably near 6 figures in required superfluous spending on various unnecessary goods and services, the retail sales tax is 20%.
they have all sorts of rules you can look up on the internet if you want the exact details, but its kind of pointless because they change the rules every two weeks. keeping up with that bullshit is one of the hidden costs. another one of the hidden costs is that the people in charge decided that since pot is still federally illegal they're not constrained by the federal constitution. such commitment they have our american values, they burn that shit right up the second they get the chance to and you have to live with the idea that maybe you're in business with an gang of untrustworthy thugs as your protection from the feds and the thugs taking a big cut and maybe you can't really just go back to growing like a normal person (6 lights in each of the basement bedrooms) afterwards because they'll know for sure if you do. and they won't even really protect you from the fed either, the feds can start handing out money laundering tickets and gathering up assets whenever the fuck they please, all the data is recorded for them.

mushroombrew

Veteran
In the event of Federal interference the Oregon recreational system will flip over to medical. This is the State protecting it's income not it's citizens.

This disparity between State and Federal law makes business here risky. The Feds have not acted yet; but Mr. Sessions has bills to pay and private prisons to fill. When they hit Colorado, which will be first due to revenues, I will leave the US for good.

Colorado raids initiate my exit strategy. It's good to have a plan gents.

cyat

Veteran
I preferred the way it was before " legalization/ regulation ." Everything that was once beautiful wild and free gets commercialized and is left soul less to be used as a tool by those who can spend tons and take huge losses

Just to be clear, the original question was about wholesale pricing but didn't specify chemotype, correct?

Maybe we need to have specific categories based on chemotype. For all types, we see a strong correlation between total cannabinoid content and price; terpene content (%) is also a strong predictor, buuuut, when talking

$$$$$$$$$$

CBGa > CBG > THCa > CBDa > THC > CBD

Pure propyls (-v) are on another level. No supply, so no price.

picture.php